Subject: Call for Comments

From: "David A. Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 13:57:05 -0500

Happy New Year, folks.  Hopefully you've all got a little time to spend on the
IDWG and IDMEF before "real work" sets in. :-)

This message is followed by four more from me.

The first message is a summary of what I'm going to be doing to the IDMEF DTD
and the IDMEF Data Model/DTD draft doc over the next week or so.  This material
should not be news to those of you who attended the meetings in San Diego last
month, but others of you may be interested.  Most of this stuff has already
been set down as "approved," but as always, comments are welcome.

The second message contains a few questions that have arisen during the work on
the new versions of the DTD and the data model document.  I would like to get
these resolved before submitting the document to the Internet-Drafts respository
if possible; I plan to do that probably around the end of January.

The third and fourth messages summarize the items proposed by Paul Sangree and
Andy Walther at or during the San Diego meeting that either (a) were postponed
for further work, or (b) were not discussed.  Hopefully by sending them out to
the list we can generate some discussion on these points, and maybe even come
to some resolution on some of them.

Please post your comments and questions to the list.

Thanks,
--Dave

P.S. - None of these messages should be construed as meeting minutes -- lots
       of other things went on that are not described in what I'll be sending
       out.