Subject: IDMEF Model in Powerpoint

From: "David Chizmadia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:58:21 -0400

Hello all,

    As a follow-on to my Monday morning message, no one had the IDMEF
model captured in a graphical format - such as a UML tool that could
export JPEG. A couple of other people are in the process of doing so. I
needed the diagram by tomorrow, so after wasting a half day fighting with
PoseidonCE, I decided that it might be easier to create a native
Powerpoint version.

    I've attached a zipped copy of the result, since it is so small (10K).
Enjoy.

    As an editorial note, in the process of going through the draft-06 to
get the needed info, I noticed that the ASCII diagram of the Heartbeat
class on page 28 (Section 5.1) is missing the AnalyzerTime element that is
shown on page 36 (Section 5.2.3) and included in the DTD. This should
probably be fixed in the final spec.

-DMC
David Chizmadia
Senior Software Security Architect
Promia, Inc.
[email-masked]

---

From: Remco de Boer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:56:57 +0200

Hi David, List

> model captured in a graphical format - such as a UML tool that could

My reaction might be a bit late, but I happen to have a graphical version of
the IDMEF model. It is a high-level overview that shows all classes and the
relations between them. It does not include the member attributes, although
I do have a collection of MS Visio files that, taken together, should
describe the complete model including member attributes. If anyone's
interested, I could post the overview here on the list (zipped PNG, 70kb)
and maybe send the collection of Visio files to David as a starting point
for his complete diagram?

Regards,
Remco