Subject: [Ieprep] Folts' stated requirements - voiceband and broadband services

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 12:07:44 -0800

In 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-folts-ieprep-white-paper-00.txt, 
you state that "A US Government working group recently identified fourteen 
basic functional requirements for the future ETS."

In section 2, you state that there is a requirement for
   +----------------------------------------------------------------
   |j. Voice Band Service  The service must provide voice band
   |                       service in support of presidential and
   |                       other communications.
   +----------------------------------------------------------------
   |k. Broadband Service   The service must provide broadband
   |                       service in support of NS/EP missions
   |                       (e.g., video, imaging, web access,
   |                       multimedia).
   +----------------------------------------------------------------

It's not clear to me what you are calling for here. Are you asking for the 
network to have built-in services that provide, for example, TV-like 
broadcast capabilities? Are you looking for the ability to place VoIP phone 
calls?

Specifically what problems do you see needing solution in this arena?

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

---

From: "Folts, Harold" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:35:41 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Fred Baker [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 3:08 PM
> To: Folts, Harold
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Folts' stated requirements - voiceband and broadband services
> 
> 
> In 

I don't think that there is any problem to solve here that the IETF is
concerned with, but this is more an application issue in fulfilling many
different aspects of communications for national security and emergency
preparedness