Subject: [Ieprep] "Assured Service" drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:42:16 EDT

I have uploaded the following three drafts. Although directed to SIPPING, the 
principles addressed may also apply to IEPREP as noted.

draft-pierce-sipping-assured-service-02 is a further revision of the previous 
draft to define the requirements. Informative material has been moved to the 
following two drafts. (For IEPREP, most of the requirements described here 
should apply.)

draft-pierce-sipping-assured-service-arch-00 defines the architecture which 
is assumed to be necessary to meet the requirements for Assured Service. It 
describes the use of a trusted proxy to handle origination and termination of 
Assured Service calls. (The architecture described is also needed for IEPREP 
to address the issues of security.)

draft-pierce-sipping-pref-treat-examples-00 describes ways in which 
preferential treatment can be provided to high priority calls. It focuses on 
meeting the requirements for "Assured Service" as defined in the above 
requirements, but the procedures described may also be used in other cases 
such as the "Emergency Preparedness" services.

Mike Pierce
Artel