Subject: [Ieprep] Dirigibles get the call: Uncle Sam wants you

From: Ian Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 07:37:22 +0100

Friday, May 17, 2002
By MIKE BARBER
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER REPORTER

Dirigibles -- massive flying machines that went the way of the mammoth a
half-century ago -- are being resurrected as high-tech weapons in the war on
terror.

Twice as big as a jumbo jet and soaring twice as high, they may soon be
deployed to guard Canada and the United States, scanning for intruders on
the Pacific Northwest's long coastline and international border...

The aerospace industry has been talking about airships for years. In
addition to defense implications, high-flying airships might be used for
resource management, disaster communications and weather monitoring...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/70823_dirigibles17.shtml

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep