Subject: RE: [Ieprep] Meaning of Single Administrative Domain

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:34:16 +0100

Ken

I would agree it was also my understanding that ETS =/= single domain
but was an indication of how an single administrative domain (network)
control its resources for a ETS session. So to this end I think that the
text to correlate the work here and the ITU-T does not clarify but
confuses the situation. So I would agree that the text in section 4.2 is
removed.

As far as the ITU-T is concerned the Partnership Coordination Panel
(PCP) for TDR is supposed to meet in November but I haven't seen a
notice or received an invite as yet. So your guess is as good as mine
concerning the progress of TDR/ETS work in the ITU-T.

Regards

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Ken Carlberg
Sent: 12 October 2004 14:18
To: Norreys,SE,Steve,XJG4 R; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Ieprep] Meaning of Single Administrative Domain

In the Abstract, I state the following: "This document is an extension
of the General Requirements of [rfc3689] and focuses on a more specific
set of administrative constraints and scope."  

And the Introduction, I state that "we constrain our scenario to the
resources within a single domain".

The intent of the document is to look at the subject of ETS within a
single domain.  It does not mean that ETS == single domain, or that it
only operates within a single domain.

Further, the text in 4.2 is meant to state a correlation between ITU's
use of TDR and IETF's use of ETS.  I thought it would be helpful for
readers initial exposure to both terms.  But again, section 4.2 is not
meant to imply that ETS is applied exclusively to a single domain.

The solution is to either restate in section 4.2 what I said in the
introduction,  or simply rip out 4.2.  If the ITU's position on TDR is
fluid, then I'll favor option 2.

-ken

ps, on a sidenote, I'm on travel to London later today, so I'll be slow
in responding in the next day or so.

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep

_______________________________________________
Ieprep mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ieprep