Subject: [ietf-dkim] Final Call for Participation -- CEAS 2006

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:08:08 -0400

FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

          CEAS 2006 -- Third Conference on Email and Anti-Spam

	       July 27 and 28, 2006 (Thursday, Friday)

                      Mountain View, California
			    www.ceas.cc
				
The organizers of the Conference on Email and Anti-Spam invite you to
participate in its third annual event.  This forum brings together
academic and industrial researchers to present new work in all aspects
of email and messaging, including uses and abuses such as spam.

Twenty-seven research presentations will cover topics including
game theory, social network analysis, spam and spam filter
analysis, a university spam course, forgotten email attachment
detection, and deployment experience.

Invited speakers are:

   *  Rob Thomas (Team Cymru)
      "The Underground Economy"

      Rob Thomas is the CEO and a Research Fellow with Team Cymru. Rob
      has worked as a network engineer, kernel developer, and information
      security professional for numerous clients. He is an ISC Fellow, a
      former vice-chair of FIRST, has served as a NANOG Program Committee
      member, has lectured at universities such as Notre Dame and
      Northwestern, and is on the technical advisory boards of corporations
      such as UltraDNS.

   *  Hector Garcia-Molina & Zoltan Gyongyi (Stanford)
      "Web Spam: Current Techniques and Future Challenges"

      Hector Garcia-Molina is the Leonard Bosack and Sandra Lerner Professor
      in the Departments of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering at
      Stanford University. He received the 1999 ACM SIGMOD Innovations Award,
      is on the Technical Advisory Board of DoCoMo Labs USA, Yahoo Search
      and Marketplace, is a Venture Advisor for Diamondhead Ventures, and is
      a member of the Board of Directors of Oracle and Kintera.

      Zoltan Gyongyi is a PhD student in the Department of Computer
      Science at Stanford University.  His research focuses on web link
      structure analysis and its application for web spam detection,
      including TrustRank. Since 2003, he has been collaborating with
      industry experts from AltaVista and Yahoo! Search.

Attendee participation will include:

   *  Group Discussion

      "Considering What's Missing -- Building a Work List for the Email and
      Messaging Research Community"

   *  Lightening Round

      Three brief presentations, selected by attendees!

To find:

   *  Conference schedule
   *  Accepted papers
   *  Conference facility
   *  Hotel information

please visit:

   <http://www.ceas.cc>

On-line Registration:

   <http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=113411>

   Until July 26:      Student      --  $175
                       Non-student  --  $350
   On-site:                         --  $400

Hotel:

   <http://www.ceas.cc/hotel>

   Before June 26, if booked by phone:   $89

General Conference Chair
   Gordon Cormack (University of Waterloo)

Program Co-Chairs
   Alek Kolcz (AOL)
   Dave Crocker (Brandenburg InternetWorking)
   Ion Androutsopoulos, (Athens University of Economics and Business)

Local Arrangements
   Thomas Lynam (Google)

President
   Joshua Goodman (Microsoft Research)

Questions?

   Contact:  <mailto:[email-masked]>
             (received by all the chairs)

-- 

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html