Subject: [ietf-dkim] RFC 4870 on Domain-Based Email Authentication Using Public Keys Advertised in the DNS (DomainKeys) (fwd)

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 May 2007 02:55:50 -0000

RFC 4870 on DK was published at the same time.  (The correction in the
message title is, as far as I can tell, the first version left out the
bit about 4870 being obsoleted by 4871.)

R's,
John

From: "RFC Editor" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Correction - Re: RFC 4870 on Domain-Based Email Authentication Using Public Keys Advertised in the DNS (DomainKeys)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 02:03:02 +0000 (UTC)
Organization: Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4870

        Title:      Domain-Based Email Authentication Using Public 
                    Keys Advertised in the DNS (DomainKeys) 
        Author:     M. Delany
        Status:     Historic
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      41
        Characters: 87378
        Obsoleted By: RFC 4871

        I-D Tag:    draft-delany-domainkeys-base-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4870.txt

"DomainKeys" creates a domain-level authentication framework for email
by using public key technology and the DNS to prove the provenance and
contents of an email.

This document defines a framework for digitally signing email on a
per-domain basis.  The ultimate goal of this framework is to
unequivocally prove and protect identity while retaining the semantics
of Internet email as it is known today.

Proof and protection of email identity may assist in the global
control of "spam" and "phishing".  This memo defines a Historic Document 
for the Internet community.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet 
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

--=508762=----

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html