Subject: [ietf-dkim] Document Action: 'Requirements for a DKIM Signing Practices Protocol' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:42:48 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for a DKIM Signing Practices Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-requirements-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Sam Hartman.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-requirements-05.txt

Technical Summary

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) provides a cryptographic mechanism
for domains to assert responsibility for the messages they handle.  A
related mechanism will allow an administrator to publish various
statements about their DKIM signing practices.  This document defines
requirements for this mechanism, distinguishing between those that
must be satisified (MUST), and those that are highly desirable
(SHOULD).

Working Group Summary
 
This document serves as the roadmap for the development of the DKIM
signing practices protocol specification. The working group made a
strong effort to separate core requirements for an SSP protocol from
any functionality where reasonable alternatives could be identified.
WG consensus solidly supports the requirments specified in this
document, although some members felt additional requirements
should added.
 
Protocol Quality
 
Tim Polk reviewed this specification for the IESG.

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html