Subject: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: Service Model summary

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 09:08:50 -0800

> 4. Service Model
> 
> Although bits of Service Model description are in the document -- mostly the
> Introduction -- the specification lacks a coherent description of its
> operating framework and, instead, dives directly into normative detail, often
> without providing an integrated view of the service. 

To the extent that the above is not sufficiently clear:

    The specification lacks any coherent summary of its functionality. It 
needs text that provides a framework for its use and a summary of its 
functionality.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:29:09 -0800

Dave Crocker wrote:
>    The specification lacks any coherent summary of its functionality.
> It needs text that provides a framework for its use and a summary of
> its functionality.

The best way to make sure it meets your needs would be if you contribute
some text.  It has been mentioned to me that the introduction should not
contain normative language (although I have seen it in other
specifications), so I do plan to remove the normative bits.

-Jim