Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: Restriction to posting by first Author breaks email semantics

From: "John L" <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Dec 2007 10:46:07 -0500

> Perhaps it is better to explicitly deprecate multiple From lines?
> As UIs have developed they really don't index well against multiple
> From lines anyway.

That wouldn't be a bad idea if this were the 2822bis group.  But the last
time I checked, it's not.

If SSP is going to key off From: lines, the only approach I can see that 
is compatible with 2822 is to check all the addresses in the From: line. 
If there's three addresses, you get up to three results. (Up to because 
you can do a single check if several addresses are in the same domain.) So 
be it.

R's,
John

PS: Yes, this is a topic that has come up before.  No, it's not resolved.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:59:52 -0800

John L wrote:
> you can do a single check if several addresses are in the same domain.) 

So if the message is not signed and any one of the 3 says 'I sign everything' 
the message violates SSP?

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html