Subject: [ietf-dkim] NEW ISSUE: definition of action terms

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 11:25:36 -0800

The SSP draft specifies actions that are not defined:

>       deny  Messages which are Suspicious from this domain MAY be
>          rejected, bounced, or otherwise not delivered at the option of
>          the verifier.

At the least, rejected and bounced need to be defined in terms of mail 
handling components and actions.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:56:30 +0100

> handling components and actions.

Obviously "bouncing" any suspicious messages is net abuse if the
method to determine "suspicious" is better than a random generator =>
showstopper unless based on a verified envelope sender address.