Subject: [ietf-dkim] On opening new issues

From: DKIM Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 09:26:04 -0400

Now that the ssp-04 draft is out, reflecting consensus on yet more text, we'd 
like to make sure we keep discussion focused on what's still undecided.  To that 
end:

1. Stephen will, over the next few days, be looking at the open issues and the 
mailing-list discussion, and will be looking for which issues have been resolved 
and should be closed, and which other open issues there's consensus on.

2. We encourage everyone to concentrate discussion on the remaining open issues, 
that we may resolve them too.

3. Let's try to hold off on opening new issues, to the extent that makes sense, 
until we've pushed through the ones we already have.  Of course, if a new issue 
comes up during that discussion, and it makes sense to put it into the tracker, 
we'll do so.

4. Until now, Eliot has created issues in the tracker as he's seen them appear in 
the discussions.  We're now at the stage where the chairs will make that 
determination, and new issues will be created in the tracker at the direction of 
the chairs.

5. As we look at which issues to track, we'll be looking for them to be clearly 
specified, and to have some support in the discussion.  What goes into the 
tracker will have to be a clear and understandable description of the issue. 
Most of the time, it should have a proposed resolution.

6. If we see an issue coming up that we think has already been discussed and 
decided, we'll be looking for significant support for continued discussion.  We 
have to make sure we're not spending a lot of time in circular discussions.

We have about three weeks until the face-to-face meeting in Dublin, so let's use 
the time productively and get ready for a productive session.

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, DKIM working group chair  ([email-masked])

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html