Subject: [ietf-dkim] Issue 1498: overview use of 2119 terms

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:46:34 +0100

(This is the 1st of a bunch of what I hope will amount to a set of
"tidy-the-tracker" messages. I'd ask that we try to limit discussion
on these to cases that we really care about - we need to be
getting down to zero open issues on the overview and ADSP - thanks.)

Issue description: https://rt.psg.com/Ticket/Display.html?id=1498

Seems like this can be closed. Overview-09 uses few of the 2119 terms
and none that I find confusing.

Specifically, other than boilerpate and cases that obviously don't
apply, I found one use of "must" ("The signing organization therefore
must have a means of adding a key to the DNS"), one use of "should"
("The semantics of the selector (if any) are strictly reserved to the
signer and should be treated as an opaque string by all other parties.")
and 5 uses of "may" that all seem ok.

If no-one objects, I'll ask Eliot to close this on July 11th.

Stephen.

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html