Subject: [ietf-dkim] FYI: Curious IPR from Yahoo! to DKIM

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:53:08 +0200

I'm puzzled by this message

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipr-announce/current/msg00447.html

Its date is Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:01:41 -0700 (PDT), and it talks about
a submission on 2011-04-10.  However, the given datatracker URL
(1530) results in a 404 Not Found error, and the mentioned draft-
ietf-dkim-base-11 doesn't seem to exist (RFC 4871 appears right after
version -10).  What the heck do they do?

The most recent IPR seems thus to be `920' of January 2008, whose text
leaves so much to be desired when compared to, say, the "reasonable
non-discriminatory terms" made explicit by Cisco's or Huawei's IPRs.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 09:38:28 -0400

> version -10).  What the heck do they do?

Yesterday, an unauthorized IPR statement was issued in update of #693
(the one on the DKIM base -00 draft), supposedly against a
non-existent version of the old, pre-RFC draft.  As soon as I saw it,
I contacted Andy Chen, the contact point in the true IPR statement,
who confirmed that it was unauthorized.  The bogus one was removed
shortly after it was issued.

> The most recent IPR seems thus to be `920' of January 2008

That is correct.  I've been communicating with Andy for a short while
before this, asking them to review 4871bis to see if their IPR
statement applies to it as well.  If they determine that it does, he
will update #920 accordingly, and you'll see that announced then.

Barry, as chair