Subject: [ietf-dkim] Certified DKIM verification

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:13:18 +0200

Hi all,
does anybody know about commercial/free DKIM verifiers that produce a
certificate of "valid email message", or similar, for archival usage
by the requesting party?

TIA
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:01:47 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alessandro Vesely
> Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 8:13 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [ietf-dkim] Certified DKIM verification
> 
> Hi all,

What, other than an Authentication-Results field, did you have in mind?

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 08:16:15 +0200

On 17/Jun/11 20:01, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>> From: [...] On Behalf Of Alessandro Vesely
>> 

Dunno.  Perhaps a web form where you upload a .eml signed message and
get back a duly signed printable thing certifying that the message
verified.  Its semantic content is the same as an A-R field, except
that it cannot be forged.  If you exhibit it sometime in 2021, say, it
will still prove that you received the given message from the given
domain on the given date.
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: Franck Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 06:51:35 +0000

Certificates are not worth the paper they are printed on. It is just
something nice to show off with and hang in your office. What makes a
certificate valid is the organization who delivered it, so you can check
it was issued to a person.

I would print the source and the txt DNS record on the same piece of
paper. You can then replay the verification anytime (provided there is no
UTF8).

Or place this information (via a bit of magic scripting) in a third party
digital escrow (search for DNS registry escrow for firms who could offer
you this service).