Subject: [ietf-dkim] Mostly off topic: For Ian Eiloart

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jun 2011 16:30:54 -0000

Ian's MTA has a buggy callback system that tries to use fake bounces
to guess whether a sending address existed.  I thought these had been
stamped out due to both the fact that they mostly attack innocent
bystanders, and the fact that they don't work, but I guess not yet.

R's,
John

><[email-masked]>:
>139.184.14.92 does not like recipient.
>Remote host said: 550-5.1.7 Verification failed for <[email-masked]>
>550-5.1.7 Called:   64.57.183.56
>550-5.1.7 Sent:     RCPT TO:<[email-masked]>
>550-5.1.7 Response: 553 Not our message (5.7.1)
>550-5.1.7 sender verification failed for [email-masked] 
>550-5.1.7 see <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/its/helpdesk/faq.php?faqid=1101>
>550 5.1.7 the mail server for iecc.com denied the existence of [email-masked].
>Giving up on [email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html