Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-11.txt

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:36:26 -0700

On 6/15/2011 10:19 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Domain Keys Identified Mail Working Group of the IETF.
>
> 	Title           : DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) Signatures
> 	Author(s)       : D. Crocker
>                            Tony Hansen
>                            M. Kucherawy
> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-11.txt
> 	Pages           : 78
> 	Date            : 2011-06-15

Folks,

Small reminder...

The datatracker:

    <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis/>

now automatically provides a copy of a diff between the new version and the 
previous version:

    <http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-11>

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net
_______________________________________________
NOTE WELL: This list operates according to 
http://mipassoc.org/dkim/ietf-list-rules.html

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:19:29 -0700

DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) permits a person, role, or
   organization that owns the signing domain to claim some
   responsibility for a message by associating the domain with the
   message.  This can be an author&#39;s organization, an operational relay
   or one of their agents.  DKIM separates the question of the identity
   of the signer of the message from the purported author of the
   message.  Assertion of responsibility is validated through a
   cryptographic signature and querying the signer&#39;s domain directly to
   retrieve the appropriate public key.  Message transit from author to
   recipient is through relays that typically make no substantive change
   to the message content and thus preserve the DKIM signature.

   This memo obsoletes RFC4871 and RFC5672.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-11.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-11.txt

---

From: Ian Eiloart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:41:24 +0000

On 15 Jun 2011, at 18:36, Dave CROCKER wrote:
…

>    <http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-11>

The change in 3.4.5 has introduced a grammatical error: " the domain name is need not be…". The word "is" should have been removed.

-- 
Ian Eiloart
Postmaster, University of Sussex
+44 (0) 1273 87-3148

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 07:06:00 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ian Eiloart
> Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 2:41 AM
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-11.txt
> 
> The change in 3.4.5 has introduced a grammatical error: " the domain
> name is need not be...". The word "is" should have been removed.

Fixed.

---

From: "John R. Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 17 Jun 2011 10:07:23 -0400

> The change in 3.4.5 has introduced a grammatical error: " the domain name is need not be…". The word "is" should have been removed.

You're right, but this is the kind of thing one can safely assume the RFC 
Editor will fix.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Please consider the environment before reading this e-mail. http://jl.ly