Subject: Many Affordable Italy Dream Vacation-Packages Available

From: "Italy Vacations" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 15:25:00 -0500

Are You Considering a Beautiful, Memorable Vacation to Italy?

Would you like the chance to visit:

* Florence

* Rome

* Naples

* Venice

and many other gorgeous regions in Italy?

If the high cost of gorgeous hotels, airfare, etc is holding you back, browse our

available new vacation packages that could just be right on target for your particular budget.

Go Here to See Our Unbelievable Ads for Italy Vacation Packages

Writers was beautifully organized, and intelligently flexible. There was always time for Lary, Suzanne and Wally to have private conversations with each participant about the craft of writing, but some days there was a vineyard, a village or an art gallery to visit, so students and faculty would venture together, and then there would be an individual critique that evening, before dinner. As a small group, we toured and ate together nearly every day. Beaches in Italy Some free beach on the Lido If you have happy memories of a childhood on the beach digging in the sand and running around on a wild English beach, you will find Italian beaches utterly alien. Instead of expanses of sand, you'll find rows of sunbeds, fences, gates and even discos. Even sand is optional, as long as there are sunbeds and sea or a pool. Here going to the beach is a national obsession and governed by strict rules. A very funny account of Italian beach customs can be found in Tim Parks's book An Italian E
ducation. The biggest surprise for visitors is that beaches are mostly 'private'. It can be very hard to gain simple access to the sea in summer months without paying an admission fee. If you don't want to hire sunbeds and a place on the sand, you will need to look for a free beach. Access to the sea Access to the sea is a thorny issue in Italy. Every year protestors attempt to 'reclaim' beaches, and consumer articles complain about the price of beach holidays. Consumer groups insist that the law entitles everyone to access to the sea and to walk through private beach establishments if necessary, pointing out that these are beach 'concessions', not private property. They advise people to call the polizia municipale if they are refused access. Conciliatory local authories claim that the provision of free beaches and publicising their whereabouts should be enough. Basically the law is not interpreted strictly and since local authorities make money from private concessions (and local o
fficials might even own them), there is little motivation to improve the situation. What you find will depend on the locality and how rigorously laws are applied. You should be able to walk along the beach within a 10m strip from the water's edge, and to pass through private establishments to get to the sea, but you may well find you are prevented from doing so. Short of calling the police, your best bet is to use a free beach instead. As an experiment I recently explored the waterfront along the Lido in Venice. From the free beach (where there are free showers and a bar) I walked along in front of the private beaches, all lined with beach huts, sunbeds and parasols. Rather vague signs displayed along the waterfront confirmed my right of access. Guardians of the private sections watched to ensure I didn't use any private facilities, but I did pass a few sunseekers who had boldly laid their towels along the water's edge. The trickiest thing was finding an exit from the fenced beach:
I eventually found a way between beach huts, emerging in a bar with an entrance from the street.
Free beaches free beach - spiaggia libera - is usually signposted. It generally consists of a narrow stretch of beach close to the nearest road access, and is identifiable by the absence of beach infrastructure, (regimented sunbeds etc.) and by the presence of clusters of sunbathers lying on towels. There may be a bar nearby, or a stall selling cold drinks. Some free beaches are provided with showers and public toilets. If you are visiting a free beach, bear in mind that these beaches, especially near cities (such as Ostia Lido near Rome) can be dirty, extremely crowded and not particularly pleasant. Take care of your possessions and beware of illegal pedlars. Some more distant stretches or remoter beaches may be much more pleasant - ask your hotel or a local for advice.
Lido di Jesolo Pay for comfort For a comfortable beach stay, visitors could do as most Italians do, and hire a sunbed (lettino) and parasol (ombrellone). Seaside hotels often have a private beach, sometimes across a road from the hotel. Others may have arrangements with local private beaches. Note that even as a hotel guest you might still be expected to pay extra for the beach facilities: check in advance if it's not clear. Some beach huts and sunbeds are hired by the week or by the season; some beach establishments are members' clubs where locals come to sun themselves for a couple of hours a day. Swimming Swimming is a very popular activity and a way to cool down on a hot summer's day. Busy and private beaches generally have lifeguards dressed in red, and signs indicating safe depths. Some beaches have dangerous currents, and every year Italy has a significant number of deaths from drowning. The presence of other swimmers isn't enough to guarantee the safety of the water. Make sur
e you understand any signs displayed, and ask for advice if you have any