Subject: [Ietf-languages] Other business

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:04:56 -0700

1. New code elements added by ISO 639-3 have been added as subtags.

2. The two Armenian variant subtags have been deprecated.

3. I've just sent ISO 639-3/RA the proposal to modify language names
with click letters. If published, these will reappear on this list as
proposals (hopefully pro forma) to fix the Registry.

4. Michael rejected (April 2) the suggestion (not a formal proposal) to
add Suppress-Script for 'bo'.

5. Michael seemed to indicate agreement (April 2; "that's what people
are doing") that the proposal for a variant subtag for Extended Wylie
should be taken to the CLDR TC, to be used with the T extension. I could
be interpreting this one wrong.

6. The thread on Standard Zhuang was a discussion on which existing
639-3 code element Wikipedia should be using in its infobox, not a
proposal to add a new code element or subtag.

Do we have any other outstanding issues?

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org