Subject: [Ietf-languages] Note on ISO 639-3 changes

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 08:36:06 -0700

There has been an unannounced change to ISO 639-3 involving the code
element [dit].
 
Instead of having its names changed to "Diyari" (reference) and
"Dhirari" (additional), as described in January, the code element [dit]
is being retired and the language is being included within [dif]
("Dieri"), with the name "Diyari" being added to [dif]. The name
"Dhirari" appears to have been dropped.
 
I could not find any documentation on this change on the ISO 639-3 site,
only a new set of code tables.
 
Please disregard the proposed Registry changes for subtag 'dit'. I will
create new forms to deprecate 'dit' and add a Description to 'dif'. The
other changes are still on track for next week.
 
--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, US | ewellic.org

---

From: Hugh Paterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 12:24:03 -0700

Doug, it is my understanding that there should be no un-announced changes
in ISO 639-3, can you check with the registrar on this one and make sure
there wasn't human error in this case?

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 8:37 AM Doug Ewell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-languages mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages
>

-- 
*Hugh Paterson III *Innovation Analyst
*Innovation Development & Experimentation*, *SIL International*
*Contact & CV* : http://hughandbecky.us/Hugh-CV/

---

From: Michael Everson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 21:12:46 +0100

That’s fine. Pull it entirely from the set and replace it when convenient.

> On 9 Apr 2019, at 16:36, Doug Ewell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>