Subject: RE: DISCUSSION: archiving of NOMCOM information

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:26:00 -0800

> Yes but you do have control of your PC don't you? You can delete the
files
> at the push of a button, right? You can't deny you are a member of
nomcom
> so they can call you to task anytime they want to. But they cannot
> necessarily get any evidence from you.

I would advise you to consult with an attorney before you push this
button. Destroying evidence after a lawsuit is filed has some nasty
implications. In the Enron/Andersen case, many of the shredded documents
could have very legitimately shredded as a matter of conducting
business; however, engaging in massive shredding after the SEC and the
courts had expressed interest is proving difficult to explain.

-- Christian Huitema

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 16:38:48 -0800

>courts had expressed interest is proving difficult to explain.

Fine. I was advocating common sense in this thread and I get back amateur 
legal advice. Never mind. Perhaps since this thread has steered away from 
common sense, it should be killed and left up to the real lawyers.

I'll still say that for the 2002 nomcom, my vote is to not relinquish the 
archives to anyone. If someone does send them out, *then* I'll start 
calling lawyers.