Subject: WG Last Call

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:58:00 +0900

I have been waiting for the Nomcom draft to come out,
and it turns out the my mailer put the announcement in
the wrong mailbox.  So it turns out that the draft has been
out for 8 days now.  I hope folks have taken the time to
read it.

The message begins the Nomcom WG last call on:

	Title	:      IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, and Recall
                           Process: Operation of the Nominating and 
Recall
                           Committees
	Author(s)	: J. Galvin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nomcom-rfc2727bis-05.txt
	Pages		: 41
	Date		: 2003-6-18
	
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nomcom-rfc2727bis-05.txt

The last call will last for 2 weeks.
Beginning: Thursday 26 June 2003 (today)
Ending:  Friday 11 July 2003 (any time zone)

a.

---

From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:39:52 -0400 (EDT)

I have submitted version -02 of draft-eastlake-rfc2777bis-selection-. 
Changes from the previous draft are to have it reference the 
-rfc2727bis- draft instead of RFC 2727, remove some language redundant 
with rfc2727bis, and incorporate Erik Nordmark's changes in the 
reference code to permit the pool to be larger than 255.

I believe it would be best to handle this as it was last time where RFC
2777 was just a personal Informational RFC and RFC 2727 was a working
group BCP and they referenced each other, so I think that 2777bis and
2727bis should reference each other. But that's not a big deal and I
don't want to de-rail anything. If 2727bis just references 2777, 2777
will, in any case, be obsoleted by 2777bis. When 2777bis-selection-01
was refered to the working group before, the only complain I can recall
was that some material in it was somewhat duplicative of some material
in 2727bis. There was no consensus that it should be a WG document.

The IESG member handling 2777bis is Harald Alvestrand.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

On Thu, 26 Jun 2003, Avri Doria wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:58:00 +0900
> From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: WG Last Call
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
> manager: <http://lists.elistx.com/subscribe>
>