Subject: [ietf-types] draft-lundberg-app-tei-xml

From: Sigfrid Lundberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:13:58 +0200

According to what I've learned, the mime type described in the doucment

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lundberg-app-tei-xml/

requires  2 weeks review by subscribers to this list. This is the registration:

Registration of MIME type 'application/tei+xml'

      MIME media type name: application

      MIME subtype name: tei+xml

      Required parameters: None

      Optional parameters: charset

         the parameter has identical semantics to the charset parameter
         of the "application/xml" media type as specified in RFC 3023
         [RFC3023].

      Encoding considerations:

         Identical to those for 'application/xml'.  See RFC 3023
         [RFC3023], Section 3.2.

      Security considerations:

         See Security considerations (Section 4) in this specification.

      Interoperability considerations:

         TEI documents are often given the extension '.xml', which is
         not uncommon for other XML document formats.

      Published specification:

         This media type registration is for TEI documents[TEI] as
         described in this document.

      Applications which use this media type:

         There are currently no known applications using the media type
         'application/tei+xml'.

      Additional information:

         Magic number(s):

            There is no single initial octet sequence that is always
            present in TEI documents.

         file extension(s):

            Common extensions are '.tei', '.teiCorpus' and '.odd'.  See
            Recognizing TEI files (Section 2) in this specification.

         Macintosh File Type Code(s)

            TEXT

         Object Identifier(s) or OID(s)

            Not applicable