Subject: [ietf-types] Vendor registration: 'eprints.data+xml'

From: Tim Brody <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 14:03:02 +0100

Hi All,

I appreciate any feedback/suggestions.

EPrints is an open source document management system used in the Higher
Education sector, developed by the University of Southampton (UK).

What name should I use for the vendor/producer? (EPrints is not
trademarked or otherwise registered)

vnd.eprints ?
vnd.eprints_org ?
vnd.eprints.org ?

Media Type Name: application

Subtype name: vnd.eprints.data+xml

Required parameters: None

Optional parameters: charset

Same as charset parameter of application/xml as specified in RFC 3023.

Optional parameters: files

"files='embed'" can be used during content negotiation to request files be
embedded in the resulting XML.

Encoding considerations:

Same as encoding considerations of application/xml as specified in RFC 3023.

Security considerations:

In addition to those of application/xml as specified in RFC 3023, section
10; the format may contain URL-references that are retrieved and embedded in
the resulting digital object. If the EPrints recipient is configured to
allow it these URLs may be retrieved from remote systems (via HTTP) or the
recipient's file system.

Interoperability considerations: None

Published specification: http://wiki.eprints.org/EPData_XML_Representation

Applications which use this media type: EPrints http://www.eprints.org/

Additional information: Same as additional information of application/xml as
specified in RFC 3023.

Intended usage: Limited Use

XML serialisation of EPrints Data (or "EPData") for the import/export of the
complete record. This is used for example ingesting the results of XSL
transforms from standardised XML formats. The mime-type is necessary to
support correct content-type negotiation when using the EPrints REST
interface although the client will require knowledge of the instance's
scheme.

Author/Change controller:

EPrints http://www.eprints.org/

Tim Brody <[email-masked]>

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 15:20:54 +0200

>trademarked or otherwise registered)

This would seem fine to me, as does your proposed registration (I am not
sure whether it's a good idea to specify the additional information by
reference though).
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/