Subject: [ietf-types] Registration of media type text/jcr-cnd

From: Peeter Piegaze <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 14:13:25 -0700

Type name: text

Subtype name: jcr-cnd

Required parameters: None

Optional parameters: None

Encoding considerations: 8 bit (UTF-8)

Security considerations: None known

Interoperability considerations: None

Published specification: JSR-283 Content Repository Specification for Java Technology (JCR)
(http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=283). See especially sections 3.7 and 25.2. 
If approved, this MIME type will be included in the next revision of JCR,
which is under development as JCR-333 (http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=333)

Applications that use this media type: Used by content repositories that implement the
Content Repository For Java API (JCR) 

Additional information:
File extension(s): .cnd

Person & email address to contact for further information:
Peeter Piegaze [email-masked]
David Nuescheler [email-masked]

Intended usage: Common

Restrictions on usage: None

Author: JSR-333 Expert Group

Change controller: Peeter Piegaze [email-masked]

Files of this media type define node types in JCR-compliant content repositories. Nodes are the structural components that make up the content storage in a JCR repository. A node type defines the characteristics that a node can have. Files of this media type are typically processed by a repository, thus registering the defined node types, making them available to users of the repository. Files of this media type are typically referred to as Compact Node Type Definition files or CND files.