Subject: [ietf-types] Updating the registration of audio and video DV media subtype

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:53:58 +0300

Hi,

draft-ietf-payload-rfc3189bis-01 has passed Working Group Last Call in the
Payload Working Group.

Note that it an update to existing RFC3189 registrations
http://www.iana.org/assignments/rtp-parameters for DV media subtype.

The new registrations are in Section 3.1 of the document.
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-rfc3189bis-01#section-3.1 

The information is also available below. 

I noticed that there is a need to change the change controller from " IETF
Audio/Video Transport working group delegated from the   IESG"  to " IETF
Payload  working group delegated from the   IESG"

Other comments on the registration are welcome.

Thanks

Roni Even 

Payload co-chair

3.1.1.  Media Type Registration for DV Video

Type name:  video

   Subtype name:  DV

   Required parameters:

      encode:  type of DV format.  Permissible values for encode are

         SD-VCR/525-60,

         SD-VCR/625-50,

         HD-VCR/1125-60,

         HD-VCR/1250-50,

         SDL-VCR/525-60,

         SDL-VCR/625-50,

         314M-25/525-60,

         314M-25/625-50,

         314M-50/525-60,

         314M-50/625-50,

         370M/1080-60i,

         370M/1080-50i,

         370M/720-60p,

         370M/720-50p,

         306M/525-60 (for backward compatibility),

         and 306M/625-50 (for backward compatibility).

   Optional parameters:

      audio:  whether the DV stream includes audio data or not.

         Permissible values for audio are bundled and none.  Defaults to
none.

   Encoding considerations:

         DV video can be transmitted with RTP as specified in RFCXXXX(This
document).  Other transport methods are not specified.

   Security considerations:

         See Section 4 of RFCXXXX (This document).

   Interoperability considerations:  NONE

   Public specification:

         IEC 61834 Standard

         SMPTE 314M

         SMPTE 370M

         RFCXXXX (This document)

         SMPTE 306M (for backward compatibility).

   Applications that use this media type:  Audio and video streaming and
conferencing tools.

   Additional information:  NONE

   Person & email address to contact for further information:

         Katsushi Kobayashi

         e-mail: [email-masked]

   Intended usage:  COMMON

   Restrictions on usage:  This media type depends on RTP framing, and hence
is only defined for transfer via RTP (RFC 3550).  Transfer within other
framing protocols is not defined at this time.

   Author:

         Katsushi Kobayashi

   Change controller:

         IETF Audio/Video Transport working group delegated from the

         IESG

3.1.2.  Media Type Registration for DV Audio

   Type name:  audio

   Subtype name:  DV

   Required parameters:

      encode:  type of DV format.  Permissible values for encode are

         SD-VCR/525-60,

         SD-VCR/625-50,

         HD-VCR/1125-60,

         HD-VCR/1250-50,

         SDL-VCR/525-60,

         SDL-VCR/625-50,

         314M-25/525-60,

         314M-25/625-50,

         314M-50/525-60,

         314M-50/625-50,

         370M/1080-60i,

         370M/1080-50i,

         370M/720-60p,

         370M/720-50p,

         306M/525-60 (for backward compatibility),

         and 306M/625-50 (for backward compatibility).

   Optional parameters:

      audio:  whether the DV stream includes audio data or not.

         Permissible values for audio are bundled and none.  Defaults to
none.

   Encoding considerations:

         DV audio can be transmitted with RTP as specified in RFCXXXX(This
document).  Other transport methods are not specified.

   Security considerations:

         See Section 4 of RFCXXXX (This document).

   Interoperability considerations:  NONE

   Published specification:

         IEC 61834 Standard

         SMPTE 314M

         SMPTE 370M

         RFCXXXX (This document)

         SMPTE 306M (for backward compatibility).

   Applications that use this media type:  Audio and video streaming and
conferencing tools.

   Additional information:  NONE

   Person & email address to contact for further information:

         Katsushi Kobayashi

         e-mail: [email-masked]

   Intended usage:  COMMON

   Restrictions on usage:  This media type depends on RTP framing, and hence
is only defined for transfer via RTP (RFC 3550).  Transfer      within other
framing protocols is not defined at this time.

   Author:

         Katsushi Kobayashi

   Change controller:

         IETF Audio/Video Transport working group delegated from the

         IESG