Subject: [ietf-types] Registration of audio/TSVCIS

From: "Ali C. Begen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 00:06:10 +0300

Hello,

RTP payload format for the TSVCIS codec is ready for publication.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-tsvcis-01

This document is registering audio/TSVCIS subtype in Section 4.1.

Comments are welcome.
Thanks.
-acbegen

Payload WG Co-chair

4.1 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-tsvcis-01#section-4.1>.
Media Type Definitions

   Type name: audio

   Subtype names: TSVCIS

   Required parameters: N/A

   Optional parameters:

      ptime: the recommended length of time (in milliseconds)
         represented by the media in a packet.  It SHALL use the nearest
         rounded-up ms integer packet duration.  For TSVCIS, this

         corresponds to the following values: 23, 45, 68, 90, 112, 135,
         156, and 180.  Larger values can be used as long as they are
         properly rounded.  See Section 6 of RFC 4566
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4566#section-6> [RFC4566
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4566>].

      maxptime: the maximum length of time (in milliseconds) that can be
         encapsulated in a packet.  It SHALL use the nearest rounded-up
         ms integer packet duration.  For TSVCIS, this corresponds to
         the following values: 23, 45, 68, 90, 112, 135, 156, and 180.
         Larger values can be used as long as they are properly rounded.
          See Section 6 of RFC 4566
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4566#section-6> [RFC4566
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4566>].

      bitrate: specifies the MELPe coder bitrates supported.  Possible
         values are a comma-separated list of rates from the following
         set: 2400, 1200, 600.  The modes are listed in order of
         preference; first is preferred.  If "bitrate" is not present,
         the fixed coder bitrate of 2400 MUST be used.

      tcmax: specifies the TSVCIS maximum value for TC supported or
         desired ranging from 1 to 255.  If "tcmax" is not present, a
         default value of 35 is used.

         [EDITOR NOTE - the value of 35 is suggested based on a
         preferred 8kbps TSVCIS coder bitrate.]

   Encoding considerations: This media subtype is framed and binary; see
      Section 4.8 of RFC 6838
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6838#section-4.8> [RFC6838
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6838>].

   Security considerations: Please see Section 8
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-tsvcis-01#section-8>
of RFC XXXX.

      [EDITOR NOTE - please replace XXXX with the RFC number of this
      document.]

   Interoperability considerations: N/A

   Published specification: N/A

   Applications that use this media type: N/A

   Additional information: N/A

   Deprecated alias names for this type: N/A

   Magic number(s): N/A

   File extension(s): N/A

   Macintosh file type code(s): N/A

   Person & email address to contact for further information:

      Victor Demjanenko, Ph.D.
      VOCAL Technologies, Ltd.
      520 Lee Entrance, Suite 202
      Buffalo, NY  14228
      United States of America
      Phone: +1 716 688 4675
      Email: [email-masked]

   Intended usage: COMMON

   Restrictions on usage: The media subtype depends on RTP framing and
      hence is only defined for transfer via RTP [RFC3550
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3550>].  Transport
      within other framing protocols is not defined at this time.

   Author: Victor Demjanenko

   Change controller: IETF Payload working group delegated from the
      IESG.

   Provisional registration? (standards tree only): No