Subject: Asking for RTP information

From: Omar Valdes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 06:11:29 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone!!!

  I want to ask you if somebody knows the format of the RTP, RSVP and
RTCP frames.  I need these formats for my thesis work, so if somebody
has this information I would really appreciate if you could send it.  

  Thank you very much for the attetion for this message.  Bye.  

                 Omar.

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:35:51 -0500

> has this information I would really appreciate if you could send it.

http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/internet

-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:35:51 -0500

---

From: Karl Auerbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:53:47 -0800 (PST)

> has this information I would really appreciate if you could send it.  

Go to an RFC web site (or ftp site) and get the RFC Index.  It will, in
turn lead you to the appropriate documents.

For RTP/RTCP you want at least RFC 1889 and 1890.  There are other RFC's
that document the packaging for other media encodings.

Be careful to avoid a mistake the first time I made when I encounted
RTP/RTCP -- the basic structure is a framework.  One has to go to
particular definitions, such as in RFC1890 to see how that framework is
filled out to become a real life protocol.

With respect to RSVP -- make sure you also get the integrated services
documents.  RSVP is essentially a signalling protocol that can carry
almost anything.  The integrated services definitions show what that
content can be.

(Also you might want to look at the relationship between integrated
services and differentiated services.)

(From my own implementation experience I can attest to the fact that
RTP/RTCP are a lot harder to do right than one thinks at first perusal.
And that RSVP with int-serve content is certainly one of the harder packet
formats to parse when done in its full potential glory.)

		--karl--

---

From: Karl Auerbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:53:47 -0800 (PST)

--karl--