Subject: Re: *** Change this to the real subject ***

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 00:40:44 -0800

>On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Ole J. Jacobsen wrote:
>
>> I am very pleased to see that "Replace with the right stuff" has been
>> published as an RFC. I think this is an important document
>

Indeed, "Replace with the right stuff" is a profound document that
should be carefully studied. Some points in its favor:

1. It makes no claim about being the correct long term solution
to any problem. 

2. It does not even pretend to be a useful interim solution, 
"on the road" to something "right."

3. The slogan "Replace with the right stuff" represents 
a frank, honest assessment of the document's value which 
applies to many of the informational RFCs that are being
published today. In fact, it is worth considering whether we
should consider publication of an RWTRF series of documents,
with RFC 2461 as RWTRF 1.