Subject: [Fwd: IP Multicast Technology Talk - 43th IETF]

From: "Cheng-Yin Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 00:40:53 -0500

i sent the following email privately to Fred Baker and he suggested
posting a note to this list regarding this matter. So here it is.

cyl

Lee, Cheng-Yin wrote:
> 
> Fred,
> There are 2 issues in the above talk that i hope you could address as
> Chair of the IETF.
> 1) It did not credit CBT or the people who originated the idea.
> Incidentally CBT  preceded PIM-SM (at least that's what the IDMR Mailing
> List archive indicates) and of course BGMP which borrows CBT's
> bi-directional tree.
> 2) The comments on Express and Simple Multicast were inappropriate for
> the kind of audience in the presentation. i would have no objection if
> those comments were made in a WG, although such non technical comments
> do not help anyone at all.
> 
> thanks,
> cheng-yin