Subject: ICANN talk?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:33:28 -0800

I was unfortunately sleeping thru the presentations yesterday evening and so 
missed the ICANN talk. I understand they had something to say about trademarks 
and such. Is/are the text/slides of their presentation available somewhere?

thanks,

Jeff

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:27:40 -0800

>and such. Is/are the text/slides of their presentation available somewhere?

They didn't show slides; basically, the talk said "our objective is to do
the right thing, and we will need all the help we can get to do that."
Their side-comment about trademarks relates to the fact that trademark
lawyers have found themselves in a system designed to keep track of the
names and addresses of computers - it was not a substantive comment, just a
statement that it is now relevant. They then invited everyone who was
interested to the poisson meeting Thursday morning.

Eric Huizer will, no doubt, post minutes from the poisson meeting in the
usual place.

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:27:40 -0800