Subject: Is it time for a new ASO and PSO?

From: jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 02:19:52 +0000

All,

  Due to some of the most recent developments with respect to the
formation of some not yet completely known and certainly not publicly
discussed discussed and possibly "Capture" attempt by some
splinter group's burgeoning forth from all places, the IETF of which I
am a member of a PSO and and ASO that has yet to publicly
considered open discussion over the internet or any public mailing list
to our knowledge, nor according to the archives of the IETF's own
listed mailing lists was there any possibility for anyone that wished
to participate is such considerations of a PSO or and ASO.

  Now we find ourselves potentially facing the possibility of these
potential "Splinter Groups" ins stark conflict with the requirements
of the White Paper and also in contrast with the "Traditional"
practices of the Internet community of openness and free unfettered
participation on an Equal basis to such decision making discussions
by these very same groups.  This begs some obvious questions
of course.  Consider the following:

1.) Is there or was there any consideration by the IETF or any
    announcement      by the IETF from the IETF announce list 
    regarding the formation of a PSO?  If so where might the 
    archive's for that announcment be?

2.)  Could the ICANN "Initial" and Interim Board without the benefit of
     a Individual Membership Organization which the NTIA has stated
       is necessary.  Or does the ICANN "Initial" and Interim Board
       wish to continue down the rocky and somewhat questionable path
       through its CEO Mike Roberts and legal council Joe Simms of
       Jones & Day have been pursuing with the DNSO of www.dnso.org?

3.)  Is it reasonable to consider that such actions from certain self
      appointed groups within the IETF on such broad reaching
      repercussions such as a Protocol Supporting Organization
      (PSO) to be constituted without the availability of input and
      discussion process for the IETF membership as a whole?
      You be the judge.....

4.) ASO - Address Supporting Organization.  To our knowledge
     there is not public posting or documentation outlining such
     and organization that has been made widely available for others
     to even review, none the less participate in discussions and
     debate on at this time.  Should it be reasonable for anyone of
     reasonable faculties to consider that any proposal for such
     an organization be considered legitimate?  You be the Judge...

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]
Contact Number:  972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208