Subject: FAQ (was One-day pass)

From: Phil Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:23:15 -0000

>>> why is our community memory so short?
>> Probably because there isn't a FAQ.  I suspect that the core of
>>long-timers is a minority of the total participating population at any
>>time.

I for one would love one, as I trawl archives & emails to come up to
speed - & try to avoid HTT RTFM flames. :-)   (hi everybody, new person
here etc)

regards ... Phil

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:32:28 -0800 (PST)

>speed - & try to avoid HTT RTFM flames. :-)   (hi everybody, new person

1391 The Tao of the IETF: A Guide for New Attendees of the Internet
     Engineering Task Force. G. Malkin. January 1993. (Format: TXT=41892
     bytes) (Obsoleted by FYI0017, RFC1539) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:32:28 -0800 (PST)

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:50:03 -0800 (PST)

>      bytes) (Obsoleted by FYI0017, RFC1539) (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

<blush>        ^^^^^^^^^

1718 The Tao of IETF - A Guide for New Attendees of the Internet
     Engineering Task Force. The IETF Secretariat & G. Malkin. November
     1994. (Format: TXT=50477 bytes) (Obsoletes RFC1539) (Also FYI0017)
     (Status: INFORMATIONAL)

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:50:03 -0800 (PST)

<blush>        ^^^^^^^^^