Subject: Everything you say here is public

From: "C. Harald Koch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:32:46 -0500

<http://www.wired.com/news/news/culture/story/16834.html>

Quotes all the PowerPoint bashers on this list... :-)

-- 
C. Harald Koch     <[email-masked]>

"It takes a child to raze a village."
		-Michael T. Fry

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:16:11 -0500

And if you are surprised that someone thinks that cut-and-pasting from the
IETF mailing list into HTML is "journalism", you will be even more delighted
to find someone who thinks asking strangers what happened at IETF 43
constitutes "research"!

The attached "targeted Spam" came in today, and it's just too good to
ignore!

Spencer

	 <<research on 43rd IETF>> 

Subject: research on 43rd IETF
From: Peter Cohan <[email-masked]>
To: Peter Cohan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 21:00:42 -0500

I am president of a research firm in Marlborough, MA and am working on a
research report on the 43rd IETF meeting due at the end of this week.  I am
e-mailing you in the hope that you might be willing to answer three
questions regarding last week's IETF meeting.  If possible, I would like to
interview you over the phone for about 10 minutes this week.  If you could
e-mail me a time that works for you and provide me with your telephone
number, I will call at the time you suggest.  If e-mail works better, please
feel free to answer the questions below and/or direct me to a URL that could
answer the questions.

I am interested in learning your opinion on the following questions:

1.  What were the key themes of last week's IETF meeting?
2.  What trends in the engineering of the Internet emerged from the meeting?
3.  What important new technologies and/or vendors were presented at the
meeting?

Thanks in advance for your help.  If you would like to learn more about me,
follow the URLs below or feel free to e-mail me or call with your questions.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks,
Peter

Peter S. Cohan & Associates
Two Turner Ridge Road
Marlborough, MA 01752

Office: 508-460-9348
Fax: 508-485-9627
Car: 508-361-3805

Visit The Technology Leaders Web site
www.jbp.com/binfo/cohan.html

View Stanford "Industry Thought Leaders" Presentation
http://www.stanford.edu/class/ie292/cohan/index.htm

Read "The Next Generation of Gurus"
http://www.janelanaweb.com/manageme/stuart3.html

---

From: "Neidhart de Ortiz, Jenifer (GEIS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:04:02 -0500

unsubscribe

> ----------
> From: 	Spencer
> Dawkins[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 	Wednesday, December 16, 1998 4:16 PM
> To: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	RE: Everything you say here is public
> 
> <<Message: research on 43rd IETF>>

---

From: "Neidhart de Ortiz, Jenifer (GEIS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:04:02 -0500

unsubscribe