Subject: RFC965 - A Format for a Graphical Communication Protocol

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 21:30:34 -0600

At one time, it appears that some people in the IETF
considered using graphics as a way to communicate...

@@@ http://194.52.182.96/rfc/rfc965.html

Network Working Group 
Request for Comments: 965  Lorenzo Aguilar 
SRI International 
December 1985  

A Format for a Graphical Communication Protocol

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

By the way, NAPLPS which is mentioned there but
not referenced is still alive and well...

....here are some links
<http://uclsun.ucl.co.jp/naplps/naptech-e.html
<http://www.mindspring.com/~crhoads/shawn/turboard/
<http://www.bookcase.com/library/software/msdos.apps.naplps.html
<http://www.realtime-info.be/encyc/techno/terms/25/61.htm

also, it looks like there is a Java version
coming....<http://www.bitflash.com/

Here is the Japanese version...<http://calat.isl.ntt.co.jp/nav/jpn/
<http://ftp.vector.co.jp/common/win31/art/anime/naplps/00_index.html

...and Russia
http://kiarchive.relcom.ru/pub/msdos/graphics/format/naplps/

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation