Subject: RE: this is insane.

From: "Robert (Bob) J. Aiken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 08:35:00 -0800

At 10:40 AM 12/9/98 -0800, Fleischman, Eric W wrote:
>I believe that Ole's point about distinguishing between working members and
>the curious is a good one. However, his idea about moving the IETF to
>convention centers is another matter altogether...
>
>The bottom line is that unless we change the WG processes, many of the IETF
>WGs will be deprecated if the attendance size continues to grow. 
>
>I like the earlier idea of meeting in comparatively undesirable places such
>as Minneapolis in March as a vehicle to constrain attendence. However,
>should we pursue this idea we also need to ensure that we do not discourage
>the attendence of active members.
>
>

Although I agree that holding the mtgs in undesirable places (ie. very coold
places in mid winter - I would also like to vote that we stay close to good
airport cities to make flight scheduling easy (options of times and
carriers) - e.g. Chicago in lieu of Fargo NOrth Dakota or the Antartic ;-) . 

bob

CISCO SYSTEMS  Bob Aiken, Internet Business Development Manager
  :     :      Advanced Internet Initiatives Division, Office of CTO 
.:|:...:|:..  6519 Debold Rd., Sabillasville, Md. 21780,USA  
1-301-271-2919(v),1-800-365-4578(pager), [email-masked]
"Nec Temere, nec Timide" ( "Neither rashly or timidly")

---

From: Bill Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 06:39:05 -0800 (PST)

> carriers) - e.g. Chicago in lieu of Fargo NOrth Dakota or the Antartic ;-) . 

	Whatever happened to the hosting-recommendations draft that was 
	authored by Mark Prior?  A fair amount of this discussion was
	covered in that draft.

--bill

---

From: Bill Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 06:39:05 -0800 (PST)

--bill

---

From: Mark Prior <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:09:18 +1030

As far as I am aware the draft is still current. I think I was waiting
for some more feedback from one of the co authors before trying to
find out how to progress it.

Mark.

---

From: Mark Prior <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:09:18 +1030

Mark.