Subject: Contributing at meetings...

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:31:15 +0000

At 19:29 18/12/98 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:
>> Most people who show up are lurking.
[...]
>there may be a group dynamics effect at work here - if you get more than
>say 30 people in a room, most of them will keep their mouths shut unless
>called on.

I believe you may be correct in this ...

>maybe we need to find better ways to give voice to the silent majority
>of would-be contributors, rather than implicitly favoring the bold/obnoxious.

... but I don't think it's a problem.  Anyone can have their say on the
mailing list if they have anything to add.

(I also note that with more people present, it's more likely that someone
else makes the same point first;  pointless repetition is, er, pointless.)

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])