Subject: RFCs In PDF Format?

From: Thomas Dineen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 14:17:13 -0800 (PST)

Gentle People:

   Setting the concept of Mediocrity aside for a moment,
why do we not consider another issue?

   Consider using pdf format for your RFCs. Your application is
exactly what it was designed for.
   
   PDF format allows for the integration of text and graphics into
a single document.

   PDF reader software is available free from Adobe and is
included in Microsoft Office.

   Yes you will have to purchase the write or distiller software.
Some word processing packages do include this.

   Now I know some detest this but other organizations such as the
IEEE 802 use pdf format for electronic distribution of standards and
drafts. By the way as a voting member I can attest that it works
great.

   As for Mediocrity, remember you probably received this e-mail
via an IEEE 802 LAN! It was sent via an IEEE 802.3 LAN!

Thomas Dineen