Subject: http://www.nssn.org/

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 13:31:41 -0600

RFCs do not seem to be part of this service. Is that because
RFCs are not considered to be standards ?

@@@@ http://www.nssn.org/

NSSN: A National Resource for Global Standards
serves as a central point to search for standards information
from many sources and serves as an important gateway
connecting those who seek standards to those that supply them.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 20:19:50 -0800

>RFCs are not considered to be standards ?

they are not de jure standards. They are de facto.

If the world ran on de jure standards, your connection to the internet
would be X.25, and what we call the World Wide Web would probably have been
called Mini-Tel.

It's all a question of what is important - what a standards body comes up
with, or what people use. Something that's worth remembering.

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 20:19:50 -0800