Subject: Re: this is insane.

From: Jeff Schreiber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:18:39 -0400

Ted Lemon <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>- NOT LA - even though LA theoretically has a decent downtown, you
>	   still have to drive everywhere.
>

    I didn't get the sense that LA was bad.  The Bonaventure last spring
    was a nice place... good sized meeting rooms, decent places to eat in
    the hotel itself, then plenty of places to eat close by (I was back out
    in LA, staying at the Omni - 2 blocks away, and definately got a better
    sense of some of the good places to eat within 3 blocks of the Westin).
    There also seemed to be plenty of semi-private locals to sit down and 
    talk... providing there isn't a Marathon. :)

                                -Jeff

--
Jeff Schreiber,            Process Software Corp.
[email-masked]   http://www.process.com
      TCPware & MultiNet: Stronger than Ever

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:51:38 -0500

>     talk... providing there isn't a Marathon. :)

I don't think we should have a big conversation about this on the IETF
mailing list, but I will point out briefly that your experience in LA
was good because it had restaurants *you* thought were good.  The
point of my argument about diversity is that it would be nice if IETF
were always held in places with sufficient diversity that *everybody*
had the same experience.  Such places exist, and IETF has been to a
number of them in the past.  IMHO, the area around the Bonaventure did
not qualify.   The restaurants in the hotel suffered terribly from
Captive Restaurant Syndrome [TM], and there wasn't much more diversity
within walking distance - that area is well-tuned for carnivores and
fast food junkies, and doesn't go much beyond that.

			       _MelloN_

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:51:38 -0500

_MelloN_