Subject: Re: Invitation to the next ABA Information Security Committee Meeting

From: Todd Glassey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:01:30 -0800

My apologies for the blank message, the orignial is as
follows -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcing the January 14-17th Meeting of the ABA
Information Security Committee.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Focus of the ABA ISC
----------------------------
The ISC is a Working Group part of the Science and
Technology Section of the American Bar Association. It's
charter involves expanding the consciousness of users to the
legal aspects of trust and trust based technologies.

The ISC stands for the  advancement of public key
infrastructure legal and control issues and in this meeting
will focus on among other things, work on CA
evaluation/accreditation, commercial key recovery
guidelines, PKI evidentiary issues, certificate policy, and
user liability, among other matters.

The current key focus efforts is a document we refer to as
the PEG or PKI Evaluation Guidelines. Its intent is to set a
baseline evaluation criteria as a reference for legislative
or operational PKI Activities.

When and Where
------------------
This meeting immediately precedes the RSA Cryptography
Conference which begins in San Jose, CA on January 17th. The
first three days of the meeting will take place at the Hotel
Sofitel in Redwood Shores California (January 14, 15, and
16th). As the bridge session to flow from the ISC Meeting
into RSA99, an open meeting to consider the content of PKIX
Part 4 (regarding certificate policy) will be held on Sunday
morning, January 17th at the San Jose Fairmont Hotel in the
Crystal Room from 9 to 12 noon. Attendence to the Open
Session on Sunday is available to all and there are no fees
for attending the 17th's session.

The URL for the schedule and Agenda is at
http://www.abanet.org/scitech/ec/isc/meeting19990116.html.

If you have any questions or need more information feel free
to contact me or the Section Head's themselves - RSVP's are
requested.

Sponsors
---------
Special thanks to all three of our corporate sponsors
(Oracle Corporation, Compaq Computer Corporation and Datum)
and especially to  Oracle's Practices VP, Ms. Kate McGee,
Esq. for her greatly appreciated efforts. Any other
companies or individuals interested in Sponsorship of
furture meetings or activities, please contact me directly
and we can set this up.

ABA and Section Membeship
------------------------------
Consistent with Section policy, ISC meeting participants
must be members of both the ABA and the ABA Section of
Science and Technology. For the purposes of this meeting the
exception to this is the Sunday, January the 17th "Open
Attendence" meeting in San Jose as the bridge between RSA99
and the ISC activities.

Please contact Ann Kowalsky, Manager for the Section of
Science & Technology, atABA headquarters in Chicago by
phone: 312.988.5599, fax: 312.988.5628, or send email to
<[email-masked]> requesting membership information.
By the way, you can become a member of the ABA and the ISC
at this meeting. An ABA associate membership is available
for non-bar certified attendees and participants and there
is a Student Membership are available as well.

Were looking forward to seeing you in Redwood Shores

Sincerely,
Todd Glassey
GMT/SW
ABA ISC Administrative liaison

---

From: Todd Glassey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 10:01:30 -0800

The Focus of the ABA ISC

When and Where
------------------

Sponsors
---------

Sincerely,
Todd Glassey
GMT/SW