Subject: Card Readers??

From: "Evan Caves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:45:51 -0800

This seems painfully obvious so it must have been discussed before but 
have card readers at each WG session ever been considered to replace
the blue sign-in sheets? 

evan
-

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:55:18 -0500

> have card readers at each WG session ever been considered to replace

Bar code readers would be better since paper badges can have barcodes.

Normally, I would say "what is the point, it is no harder to write
your name on a piece of paper", but there is, in fact, a point: it
would mean the secretariat could very easily and conveniently get
electronic attendance lists put together.

Perry

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:55:18 -0500

Perry

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:56:19 -0800

>electronic attendance lists put together.

true, but they're not free, and that's not the objective. we want to be
able to prove that lots of people were there; finding out who was there is
less important unless you're opening a new working group and use the
attendance sheet as a mail list start.

and you get the appearance of having to pass a guard dog to get into the room.

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:56:19 -0800