Subject: Invitation: CC/PP Protocol Discussion List

From: Johan Hjelm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 16:20:25 -0400

Dear All, 
as you may know, we designed the CC/PP Exchange Protocol to take care of
the interchange of CC/PP data structures between an HTTP client and a HTTP
server. In the current version it is an application of the HTTP Extension
Protocol. 

That, and the fact that it is only a Note in the W3C (a document without
official standing) makes its status somewhat insecure. We want to
investigate the possibilities of bringing it onto the standards track, and
as a first step, we have created a version of the specification in the RFC
format as focal point for discussion. 

The address of the list is [email-masked]. You subscribe by
sending an email to [email-masked] with the word
"subscribe" in the subject of the message (without the quotes). 

We hope interested parties will participate in the discussion on this list
to establish a more formal version of this protocol. 

Welcome!

Johan Hjelm
Chair, CC/PP working group, W3C
(apologies for multiple postings!)

For more information: 
CC/PP Exchange Protocol as a W3C Note: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-CCPPexchange
CC/PP Exchange Protocol in RFC format:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ccpp-protocol/2000Apr/att-0001/01-dr
aft-ietf-ohto-ccpp-exchange-00.txt
CC/PP original W3C Note: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-CCPP/
CC/PP working group public home page: http://www.w3.org/Mobile/CCPP/ 
************************************************************
                         Johan HJELM
      Ericsson Research, User Applications Group 
         Currently visiting engineer at the W3C
Chair, CC/PP Working Group and WCA Interest Group
             The World Wide Web Consortium
                         [email-masked]
   http://www.w3.org/People/W3Cpeople.html#Hjelm
    Fax +1-617-258 5999, Phone +1-617-253-9630
   MIT/LCS, 545 Tech. Sq. Cambridge MA 02139 USA 
        Opinions are personal, always my own, 
  and not necessarily those of Ericsson or the W3C. 
============================================================