Subject: RE: Storage over Ethernet/IP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:57:25 -0500

>Experience tells us that although we can design and specify for 
>"intra-nets", people will insist on using the results over the public 
>internet.  Pretending this will not happen is akin to burying ones head in 
>the beach sand when one has heard a report of a large wave heading for the 
>beach.

Yeah, okay.  I will grant that.  But, should a good technology be nixed
because some idiots might mis-use it?  I personally don't think so.

Brian

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:31:43 -0400

>  But, should a good technology be nixed because some idiots might mis-use it? 

no.  but an Internet protocol for accessing storage devices needs to be
able to operate in the Internet.

Keith

p.s. You might as well ask "is an insecure technology for accessing storage
devices a good thing, given that there are large numbers of idiots out 
there who assume that firewalls provide adequate security?"