Subject: Fault Tolerant in Active Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 13:00:37 +1000

i'm thinking about fault tolerant in active network, the following is my
thinking
 Since active network is to allow network to provide computation platform, the
user
 can input the program ( application specific customerised program) to the
active
  network and let the nodes to perform computation, is there anyone outthere is
doing
  fault tolerant application. Secondly, can mpls consider to be active network,
if it is not
  can it be possible to make it to be one. i know there are three applications
in MPLS
  & they are vpn, cos & traffic engineering. Are they considered to be
application specific
  customerised program in active network.. Appreicate anyone gives me some ideas

Cheers
Sam

 Sita Equant Operation
  Fault Management Unit
  Phone  : 61-02-92401408
  CVN     : 72391408