Subject: Address Book Problem....

From: Sunil Chinjwani <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:10:36 +0530

Hello Friends,
    I need some help desperately. I want to develop an application in
which I have to present the user with the facility of using his address
book, which is actually present on the desktop, to be exported to a
database present on the server. For this thing to take place seamlessly,
I have to present the user with a Html page having one button for
opening a File open dialog box. This button will be used by the user to
open the dialog , where he will click the file containing his address
book. Then on selection of the file, all the addresses in his book
should be populated on the Html form in a list box . Then he can select
any of his addresses with the help of checkboxes and send it to the
server database .
    I know that this thing calls for using the API  for peculiar
commands of the Browsers' address book application and I want to know
the source of such documentation for both the Netscape browsers and also
the IE. Will any of u please give me vital information in this regard ?
    Thank u and waiting for your replies in earnest.
Sunil.