Subject: Any comparison Study on MGCP vs H.323, MGCP vs SIP

From: "Yixin Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:55:25 -0500

Hi,

There are studies on the comparision of the two competing protocol SIP and
H.323. However, MGCP can also provide call control functionalities. A
network with MGCP only (Call agent, MG etc) can provide basic VoIP service
too. Then my questions are

1. Are there any comparison study between MGCP and H.323?

2. Are there any comparision study between MGCP  and SIP?

You help is very much appreciated. Thanks,

Yixin (James) ZHU

---

From: "Gaylord K. Miyata" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 22:06:57 -0400 (EDT)

speaking of telephony/telecom protocols, are there any "voice subscriber" 
MIBs/models - SNMP or CMIP oriented.  I'm just looking for a model used
for voice subscribers who are provisioned w/ some combination of AAL2, 
VOIP, GR-303, V.52.

Thanks

	- gaylord