Subject: NAT Checkpoint Firewall 1

From: "noor sayed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 13:26:02 +0400

Hi !

Installed Checkpoint Firewall 1 with three Network Interface.
One is connecting to the outside world, one to local-net and other to DMZ. (for Local-net and DMZ 192.168.xx.xx ip address has been used)
configured  the workstation properties of the mail server using static NAT.
i use the route add command on the fire wall machine for mapping the Private  IP address of the mail server to Public one.

PROBLEM

1) My mail server is on the Local-net From the firewall i cannot ping the mail server Private IP address (192.168.xx.xx), but i can ping the network interface connected to the local-net on the firewall machine . i cannot even ping the Public IP  address which i have map to the mail-srv.

2) My alternate DNS server is on the DMZ. which has an IP Address 192.168.xx.xx. i can ping the Private IP address of the DNS server but not the Public IP Address which is mapped using the static NAT Rule.I have configured Route ADD command for mapping Public to Private IP Address.

3) On the Local-Net all the PC's are configured to surf the internet using HIDE Mode NAT to the External interface of the firewall its working fine.

If any one know where the problem is please let me know

Thank You

regards

---

From: "Rod Cleveland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 20:37:25 -0500

I am not sure that this is the right answer.  However, I believe you need to
make sure you setup the proxy arp statement as illustrated on the Checkpoint
web page.

Rod Cleveland

[email-masked]
Sr Consultant. S3Networks, www.S3Networks.com
CCNA, CCDA, CCSE, MCSE, IABM (I'm A Bad Man) <- just for fun
555 North Point Center East
3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30022

http://support.checkpoint.com/service/publisher.asp?id=55.0.4222079.2607206
  -----Original Message-----
  From: noor sayed [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2000 4:26 AM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: NAT Checkpoint Firewall 1

  Hi !

  Installed Checkpoint Firewall 1 with three Network Interface.
  One is connecting to the outside world, one to local-net and other to DMZ.
(for Local-net and DMZ 192.168.xx.xx ip address has been used)
  configured the workstation properties of the mail server using static NAT.
  i use the route add command on the fire wall machine for mapping the
Private  IP address of the mail server to Public one.

  PROBLEM

  1) My mail server is on the Local-net From the firewall i cannot ping the
mail server Private IP address (192.168.xx.xx), but i can ping the network
interface connected to the local-net on the firewall machine . i cannot even
ping the Public IP address which i have map to the mail-srv.

  2) My alternate DNS server is on the DMZ. which has an IP Address
192.168.xx.xx. i can ping the Private IP address of the DNS server but not
the Public IP Address which is mapped using the static NAT Rule.I have
configured Route ADD command for mapping Public to Private IP Address.

  3) On the Local-Net all the PC's are configured to surf the internet using
HIDE Mode NAT to the External interface of the firewall its working fine.

  Thank You

  regards