Subject: RE: Bluetooth

From: "Parkinson, Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:44:56 +0100

The new Compaq iPAQ H3630 Pocket PC
(http://www.compaq.co.uk/press/releases/2000/177.asp) this will sync with
other devices thanks to the new Bluetooth jacket thats been developed. Hmm
nice Shiny !

http://www.compaq.co.uk/products/handheld/pocketpc/

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Touch [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2000 4:52 PM
To: Dan Kohn
Cc: Parkinson, Jonathan; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Bluetooth

Dan Kohn wrote:
> 
> I will bite regarding one issue near and dear to IETF hearts -- which is
the
> seeming need to buy yet another 802.11 card for each IETF meeting.  And
yes,
> I am actually suggesting an approach that would require one more purchase:
> 
> I was at Bluetooth Congress in Europe this month (which sounds better than
> saying the Bluetooth Congress in Monte Carlo), and Bluetooth products are
> definitely gathering momentum.  
...
> This would then leave the 2.4 GHz band for Bluetooth, and allow both
> Bluetooth and 802.11 to be simultaneously active from the same laptop.  I
> think most LANs will be wireless in a couple years simply for the
> convenience of avoiding cabling (even for desktop computers), and that
> people will want to sync up with their Palm Pilots and their cellphones

Palm syncs with laptops fine over IR now.

Joe