Subject: Re: CCIE - I still don't know

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:43:39 -0700

Using..

  http://www.onelook.com/

..and subsequently..

  BABEL: A Glossary of Computer Oriented Abbreviations and Acronyms
  http://www.geocities.com/ikind_babel/babel/babel.html

..we see..

  CCIE      Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert   [cisco]

JeffH

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:49:06 -0500

Ya know, I used to work at EDS.  One day, a guy sent a message to a
distribution list rather than to the specific person that they meant to.  It
was some sales guy, so immediately, people start sending these angry "don't
spam me, remove me from your list..." messages in reply.  The problem is,
they would hit reply all (like I just did) rather than simply reply.  As the
messages began to mount up, supposedly really smart EDSers started trying to
educate the ignorant masses of EDSers by replying all to tell them not to
reply all.  Of course, their voice was lost in the wilderness of reply all
messages.  The result?  For two days, the mail servers were constantly
crashing and coming back up only to crash again....

Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Shen, Peter [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 4:27 PM
To: 'Betsy Brennan'
Cc: Ietf@Ietf. Org
Subject: RE: CCIE - I still don't know

Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) 

OK! NO more CCIE!

Peter Shen
Canon Information System

-----Original Message-----
From: Betsy Brennan [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2000 2:20 PM
To: Ietf@Ietf. Org
Subject: Re: CCIE - I still don't know

But what is a CCIE?