Subject: RE: Privacy (RE: Should IETF do more to fight computer crime?)

From: "Dawson, Peter D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:40:44 -0000

<snip>...

>pinpoint my habits, physiological profiles "etc" by an unverified 
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^ 
>accusation of suspicion of computer crime .....
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So the "unverified accusation" ... should become "verifiable" and this
could only be possible if there is a code of ethics between noc/isp etc...
i.e just what I suggested in my earlier posting...

/pd

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:45:28 +0200

>i.e just what I suggested in my earlier posting...
RFC 2350 and draft-ietf-grip-isp-expectations, and other GRIP documents are 
the furthest the IETF has come in addressing the "code of ethics" problem.

It's a start; we've proved that getting anywhere in this direction causes a 
great deal of discussion, and that expectations vary greatly.

The group is still open, and welcomes volunteers.

                   Harald

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
[email-masked]

---

From: "Dawson, Peter D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 17:58:46 -0000

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Randy Bush [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 1:55 PM
>To: Dawson, Peter D
>Cc: 'IETF general mailing list'
>Subject: RE: Privacy (RE: Should IETF do more to fight computer crime?)
>
>
>> Is there a GRIP online email archive ??
>
>details about all ietf wgs are on the ietf web site, 
><http://ietf.org/>.
>grip's in particular is 
><http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/grip-charter.html>.
>
>randy
>

Thanks, however, I was looking for a online archive..rather then the 
flat file,< archive: http://www-ext.eng.uu.net/grip-wg/grip-wg.txt >

/pd