Subject: Re: remove me from list

From: "Robert G. Ferrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:50:38 -0500 (CDT)

>On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 07:14:45 CDT, Honey Rand <[email-masked]>  said:
>> I am on one of your e-mail lists. i promise i will NEVER buy anything from
>> you. Please remove me immediately or i will forward the e-mail to the
>> appropriate agency for pursuit as nuisance spam. This is the second request
>> I have made.
>
>The IETF sells stuff?  News to me... I thought we just had flame wars and
>occasionally went into feline-emulation mode and cough up a hairb^H^H^H^H^HRFC.

Well, she didn't actually say we *sold* stuff.  She just said that she wouldn't 
buy anything from us.  Heck, neither would I. 

As to forwarding it to the "appropriate agency for pursuit...,"  gooooood luck.  
If you find one that does any sort of pursuit, let me know, would you?

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell, CISSP
Information Systems Security Officer
National Business Center, US DoI
[email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------
Not an official statement by any entity of the US Government
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Dawson, Peter D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 20:50:08 -0000

->-----Original Message-----
->From: Robert G. Ferrell [mailto:[email-masked]]
->Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 3:51 PM
->To: [email-masked]
->Subject: Re: remove me from list 
->

<SNIP..>

->
->As to forwarding it to the "appropriate agency for 
->pursuit...,"  gooooood luck.  
->If you find one that does any sort of pursuit, let me know, would you?

yeah.. just post back onto the list ! :) 
THAT info is really welcome !!

/pd

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 13 Jun 2000 09:44:45 +0100

>To be perfectly honest, I think we're just dealing with someone who just
>doesn't know what they're talking about.  Probably an AOLuser.

>Regards,
>Kurt Weber
>[email-masked]
>ROOT of All Evil (ask me for details)
>LONG LIVE LINUX! KILL WINBLOWS!
>God of local.linux-isp and alt.syntax.tactical

I'll stop lurking for just a minute......

Don't know if you'll be disappointed, but it appears you may actually
be dealing with a guy named Jim Randall (honey99) or one of the
employees (who is probably not named "Honey") at Communications
Solutions in Tampa Bay, FL. Their site seems to be specifically set up
for the "Red Team" (?) to enter into a moderated discussion group. 
Afraid I couldn't find out what the group's discussing, though, because
the content is held on a server on a private network at Hope College in 
Holland, Michigan and I just don't trust the fates enough to follow those
links on line. At least Communications Solutions seems to have a Red 
Hat server so even if you *have* been present at the birth of a baby
spammer, at least it may be one with a redeeming virtue.:-)

Do I get a vote? If I get a vote, I vote for the disused-mail-list-gazillion-
email-address option for the next proven spammer.

Regards.

Jeri
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opinions expressed are always my own and may not necessarily
reflect those of any organisation I am associated with.

I say NO to unsolicited commercial email by supporting EuroCAUCE.
http://www.euro.cauce.org/en/index.html

---

From: "Connelly, M " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:56:45 +0200

One spam, followed by 99 postings discussing spam. And your answer - spam!
Fight spam with spam, spam and more spam.  Is this really a relevant
discussion for the IETF (this email included)?

- Michael Connelly

What are these singing Vikings doing here?

> ----------
> Van:
> [email-masked][SMTP:[email-masked]
> thy.nhs.uk]
> Verzonden: 	dinsdag 13 juni 2000 10:44
> Aan: 	[email-masked]; [email-masked]
> CC: 	[email-masked]
> Onderwerp: 	RE: remove me from list 
>