Subject: BoF on new IPv4 address allocation policy in INET'2000

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:24:15 +0859 ()

Dear all;

We, authors of

	draft-ohta-address-allocation-00.txt

will have a BoF on the new policy of IPv4 address allocation on
7/19 evening in INET'2000 before starting experimental assignments.

The policy is that ISPs with permanent Internet connectivity and
experimental IPv6 support will be allocated a *LOT* of IPv4 addresses,
regardless of the actual amount of usage. See the draft for details.

It will promote the transition to IPv6 partly because of the requiremnt
of the experimental support and partly because the policy will make
IPv4 addresses quickly used up. The IPv4 addresses make NAT obsolete,
too.

Anyone interested in address assignemnt policy or IPv6 deployment should
join.

						Masataka Ohta

PS

Feel free to forward this notice.