Subject: Sigcomm 2000 - call for participation of IETF members

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 14:33:25 -0700

Dear IETF members:

This note is a brief heads up that ACM SIGCOMM 2000 will be held
late August in Stockholm, Sweden.  Registration information can be found
at http://www.acm.org/sigcomm/sigcomm2000

There are a number of papers in the program that may be of interest
to IETF members, including two papers on BGP/OSPF performance, a paper
on TCP performance for Web transactions, and a paper that shows we're
relying on the TCP checksum to catch far too many transmission errors.

Beyond being one of Europe's most beautiful capital cities, Stockholm
has
become one of Europe's high tech centers in recent years. IETF veterans
may be pleased to note that the conference hotel will be the Grand
Hotel,
where IETF Stockholm was held a few years ago.

Students should note that SIGCOMM is providing a number of travel grants
to fund student travel to the conference.

Joe Touch
Publicity Chair
Sigcomm 2000