Subject: who can tell me the email address of Scott Shenker ???

From: [email-masked] (Zheng Youquan)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 10:03:40 +0800

I want to ask him some questions. 
thank you very much!

---

From: Salvador Vidal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:53:29 +0200

Hello Zheng,

>I want to ask him some questions. 
In order to have an universal and permanent e-mail address system wich
allow us to:
No need to know wich is his current ISP.
Less unusefull trafic as we avoid mistakes when somebody changes his ISP.
Not need to check searches engines probabily not updated.
Reduction of ISP change barriers so introduce more competitivity on the
sector then better services and/or lowers prices.
...
And the main reason: not to have more mesages from you asking for your
friends at this list ;-) 

Which do you think will be the better solution?:
-Something like postal address, which let us to send e-mails to a person
just knowing i.e. their name and the city in wich he lives, i.e.:
[email-masked] 
(Of course we will need more if there are more than one Scott Shenker at
this city, and some kind of redirect way when he changes his residence city)

-That the users become the owners of their e-mail address, and the ISP have
to redirect the message to the current ISP of Scott.

-Other...

Best Regards,
Salva