Subject: SNMP, CORBA and XML

From: "Gayen, Sanjukta, CMDR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:48:57 -0400

I am trying to understand the application and advantages of multiple
protocols like SNMP, CORBA and XML. I will appreciate a lot if any one can
help me to understand which protocol to choose under what circumstances.  I
am coming across few systems which supports all three interfaces. Can only
one protocol do the job ?

Thanks very much in advance.
Sanjukta Gayen

---

From: "Yixin Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:08:54 -0500

In addition, I am also interested in the differences bwteen SNMP and JMX.
Thanks.

Yixin Zhu

---

From: "Heru Irman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:31:52 +0700

I think the other protocols to be added on are CMIP and TL1.
And for sure we still need more then one protocol to do and manage all
stuff.
Any doubt?

-----Original Message-----
From: Yixin Zhu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 11:09 PM
To: Gayen, Sanjukta, CMDR; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: SNMP, CORBA and XML

Yixin Zhu