Subject: Re: Is WAP mobile Internet??

From: Masataka Ohta <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 13:50:04 +0859 ()

r e n;

> I don't think WAP Mobile Internet any more than TCP/IP is Internet.

There is no such thing as WAP Mobile Internet.

> The Mobile Internet is data/communication devices you carry around with you.
> 
> Here in Japan we have 8 million non-WAP mobile internet users, plus another 2
> million WAP users, and the numbers are exploding.

They are no internet users.

Just as the Internet was not e-mail several years ago when e-mail was
the most popular application, the Internet is not web.

> But, and I know this may be the wrong mailing list for this comment,

No. It is merely that your understanding on the Internet is wrong in
any mailing list.

							Masataka Ohta

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 09:24:56 -0400

> Here in Japan we have 8 million non-WAP mobile internet users,

uh, no.  if you don't have IP to the phone, it's not mobile Internet.
calling it Internet is just deceptive advertising.

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:10:08 -0700

> calling it Internet is just deceptive advertising.

I agree.

I have cell phone with an IP address. When it is powered on I can ping
it from any internet system.

I can browse the internet with the help of a internet <-> WAP gateway.

The two seem separate to me.

-Doug