Subject: RE: HTML forms

From: "James P. Salsman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:59:58 -0700 (PDT)

[email-masked] writes:
>
> Subject: Re: HTML forms
> 
> Need info. on programming voice over ip....

If you mean with HTML forms, try:

  http://www.bovik.org/devup

Imagine my shock when I learned microphone upload wasn't in MSIE 5.5.

Mozilla already has it, if you're willing to apply the patch referenced 
on the page above.  Soon the Mozilla helper application registry (which 
was completed less than two weeks ago) will handle input helper 
applications in addition to traditional output helper applications.

Amaya, the official web browser of the W3C, still doesn't even have 
file upload.  And the W3C policy directors have capitulated so far to 
the estado corporativo that they might as well start displaying the 
Microsoft and WAP Forum logos on www.w3.org.  Good thing that those 
Melissa/ILoveYou/etc. worms only truncate *.{doc,xls,ppt,c,h,asm} 
files, because if they hit HTML files the W3C web site would probably 
go blank every day.  (But don't worry, I'm sure that the Outlook patch 
that Microsoft's Office Products Division V.P. promised over two 
months ago will be ready real soon now.)

Anyone know whether Opera has microphone upload yet?

Cheers,
James

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 01:29:27 +0100 (BST)

> Anyone know whether Opera has microphone upload yet?

More to the point, does anyone care?

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>