Subject: Routing vs Route discovery protocol

From: "Salavat R. Magazov \(BT\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:12:16 +0400

Hello

I cannot understand the difference between routing and route discovery
protocols. Is there any?

Regards
Salavat

---

From: Fyodor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 04:10:11 +0700 (ICT)

~ :Hello
~ :
~ :I cannot understand the difference between routing and route discovery
~ :protocols. Is there any?

 Yes. RDP is designed to discover default gateway(s) by broadcasting rdp
request packs. It's just a protocol, which lacks security implications by
the way (see l0pht.com advisory).

 Routing however is just a complex concept of delivering datagrams from
one network entity to another. blah blah blah..

hope I won't be flamed by the list for answering a couple of du^H^Hnot so
sophisticated questions. :) I just feel bored at 4am in the morning :)