Subject: RE: SNMP, CORBA and XML

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 14:20:01 +0530

Each protocol obviously has its own pros and cons and also areas of application.
SNMP is for mail transfer whereas CORBA allows you to work with Live Objects
across networks as if whole network is a single machine.
----------------------------------------------------------------
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

---

From: "R. Muralidharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:25:17 +0530

Hi Arindam,

  Pl note SNMP is not same as SMTP. SMTP which expands to "Simple Mail
Transfer Protocol" is for mail transfer while SNMP expands to "Simple
Network Management Protocol" and is for management of network elements.
  RFC 2571 on "An Architecture for describing SNMP Management frameworks",
April 1999 is a good reference.

muralidharan

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 2:20 PM
Subject: RE: SNMP, CORBA and XML

> across networks as if whole network is a single machine.

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com