Subject: RE: Is WAP mobile Internet??

From: "Taylor, Johnny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 14:45:14 -0400

The Internet allows all protocols to in-operate with her. This is the
uniqueness
of the web. Therefore WAP falls within this area!

-----Original Message-----
From: Lars-Erik Jonsson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 7:54 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Is WAP mobile Internet??

Hi Folks!!

I would like to hear your opinions about how WAP people often say that WAP
is
"mobile Internet". In my opinion, WAP is NOT mobile Internet at all. The
Internet is built on the e2e principle and based on the Internet Protocols,
which WAP is not. I can not tell people that they should not use WAP (even
if I
have my opinions about WAP). If they believe in WAP that is their problem,
but
when they try to use the words WAP and Internet in the same sentence I think
it
is time to clarify a few things. I accept that WAP is there, but be honest
about
what it is.

Cheers!
/Lars-Erik (expressing my PERSONAL opinions)

---

From: "Anthony Atkielski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:27:22 +0200

> The Internet allows all protocols to in-operate with her.

With it, you mean.