Subject: Thanks for visiting MP3.com

From: [email-masked]
Date: 7 Jul 2000 01:52:03 -0000

Hello ,

Welcome to MP3.com!

Thanks again for visiting MP3.com and providing us with your
email address. If you would like to unsubscribe from future
MP3.com announcements, or if you received this message in
error, please see the bottom of this message for instructions.

===( Sponsor )===============================================

Find your favorite type of music easily with Internet 
Keywords.  Type MP3.com Hip Hop into your browser, and 
Internet Keywords take you to that page directly. Try Internet 
Keywords today, in Microsoft IE and most search engines.
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adaa/n_633239552/u_www.realnames.com

=============================================================

At MP3.com, our mission is simple--be a complete Music
Service Provider that brings artists together with their fans.
Whether you're looking for new music from your hometown or
the other side of the world, you'll find a wealth of
FREE music downloads and services on MP3.com.

The next time you visit MP3.com, we invite you to:

* Take advantage of your personal music center at My.MP3.com:

Create online music compilations in minutes.

Set up your FREE My.MP3.com account today. It's all one click
away at:
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adab/n_633239552/u_my

* Classical Music Channel
Instant access to Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and more
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adac/n_633239552/u_www/channels

* Send Free Music Greeting Cards
Pick any occasion and attach your favorite MP3 song
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adad/n_633239552/u_musicgreetings/

* Catch Live Events
in your area with free Notify Me! email alerts
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adae/n_633239552/u_reg/notifyme/

* Get Free Songs
Delivered via email with Music Messenger
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adaf/n_633239552/u_reg/songrec_signup/emags.cgi

* Free MP3 Software
All you'll ever need to make and play MP3s
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adag/n_633239552/u_software/software/

* MP3.com Top 40
See who's topping the charts
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adah/n_633239552/u_genres/music/

* Free Extras
Such as headsets and more
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adai/n_633239552/u_www/promos/extras/index.html

Since it's all about great music, we want to make sure the
tunes are coming in loud and clear. To listen to MP3s, you
first need to install an MP3 player. Click on the link below
to get set up with one of our recommended players:
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adaj/n_633239552/u_software/software/

Once you've got your player installed, the easiest and fastest 
way to fill it with MP3s is to use the free NetSonic Internet 
Accelerator.
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adak/n_633239552/u_www.netsonic.com/sku/e1-060200_Mp3/index.asp

So dive in, explore and expand your music collection on MP3.com!

Regards,

Michael Robertson
CEO
MP3.com--Your Premier Music Service Provider

P.S. Support your favorite artists and check out their CDs for
sale:
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adal/n_633239552/u_www/store

-----------[ Unsubscribe Instructions ]----------------
If you'd rather not receive future emails from MP3.com,
please click the web address below, or forward this email
to [email-masked]
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adam/n_633239552/u_chooser/cgi-bin/membership/subscribe.cgi?id=AEEAeL4l20vnxNnBPogjm2jhuLlBwQ--

Copyright  1996-2000 MP3.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
Legal Information, Privacy Policy.

http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adan/n_633239552/u_www/aboutus.html
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adao/n_633239552/u_www/disclaimer.html
http://click.mp3.com/c/c_adap/n_633239552/u_www/privacy.html

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 22:37:34 -0400

> error, please see the bottom of this message for instructions.

OK.. I'll bite.  Is mp3.com spamming non-visitors, or did somebody
visit and give the IETF as their e-mail address?

Sorry, it's been a long day, and I'd love to use a clue-by-four on
somebody, but it's not obvious who to use it on... ;)
-- 
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech

---

From: Jonathan Buschmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 10:11:43 +0200

[email-masked] wrote:

>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>    Part 1.2Type: application/pgp-signature

OK, I'll bite now. I know what a two-by-four is, but what's a clue-by-four?

--
Jonathan Buschmann
Siemens Information and Communication Networks S.p.A.
CLTB, Cascina Castelletto, 20019 Settimo Milanese (Mi) Italy
Phone: (+39-2)43888754  Fax: (+39-2)43887989
[email-masked]
 "Sometimes when you fill a vacuum, it still sucks." - Dennis Ritchie