Subject: PATRIOT/USA followup: we lost in US Senate

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:03:13 -0400

Late last night (EDT) we lost badly in the US Senate, on all three 
votes.  [not voting can sometimes be an indication of concientious 
objectors, but in the case it just looks like the geriatric set.]

Vote 299                Vote 300                Vote 301
computer trespasser     roving wiretap          business records

Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)         Cantwell (D-WA)         Cantwell (D-WA)
Collins (R-ME)
Corzine (D-NJ)          Corzine (D-NJ)          Corzine (D-NJ)
Dayton (D-MN)                                   Dayton (D-MN)
                                                Dodd (D-CT)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)         Feingold (D-WI)         Feingold (D-WI)
Harkin (D-IA)                                   Harkin (D-IA)
Levin (D-MI)            Levin (D-MI)            Levin (D-MI)
Specter (R-PA)          Specter (R-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
                        Thompson (R-TN)
Wellstone (D-MN)        Wellstone (D-MN)        Wellstone (D-MN)

[not voting]            [not voting]            [not voting]

Domenici (R-NM)         Domenici (R-NM)         Domenici (R-NM)
Helms (R-NC)            Helms (R-NC)            Helms (R-NC)
Lott (R-MS)
Thurmond (R-SC)         Thurmond (R-SC)         Thurmond (R-SC)

-- 
William Allen Simpson
    Key fingerprint =  17 40 5E 67 15 6F 31 26  DD 0D B9 9B 6A 15 2C 32