Subject: Last Call: PIC, A Pre-IKE Credential Provisioning Protocol to Proposed Standard

From: "Darren Dukes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:56:34 -0400

This may be  nit-picking but I have seen no mention on IPSRA, or any other
list, or during any meetings that there are two interoperating independent
implementations of this draft.  Is anyone able to confirm that
implementations exist and interoperate?

Thanks,
  Darren

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Remote Access
Working Group to consider PIC, A Pre-IKE Credential Provisioning
Protocol <draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by October 25, 2001.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsra-pic-03.txt

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:16:19 -0700

>implementations exist and interoperate?

Yes, it is nitpicking. This call is for PIC to go to *Proposed* 
Standard. The requirement for two interoperable implementations is 
for going to *Draft* Standard, which is the step after Proposed 
Standard. See RFC 2026 for the not-so-gory details.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: "Darren Dukes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:33:19 -0400

Paul, thanks for clearing up the requirements.

Darren
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Hoffman / IMC" <[email-masked]>
To: "Darren Dukes" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: Last Call: PIC, A Pre-IKE Credential Provisioning Protocol to
Proposed Standard