Subject: RE: in memoriam

From: TOMSON ERIC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:25:16 +0200

??? Help !!! That guy is an insult for the whole Internet community !!!
Isn't it really possible to ban him from this list ??? Pleeeeeeeeease ?
:o(

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Fleming [mailto:[email-masked]]

In my opinion, the reverse is the case. I believe that it is time
for non-U.S. citizens to be identified as such on America's Internet
and they should not be allowed to freely use America's Internet to
market their protocols and other developments without the proper
customs clearances and work visas. Americans have let their guard
down, they have been far too polite. It is time to close the network
borders and make them as secure as the physical borders.

The Next Generation Internet will be built in America, by Americans, for
Americans.
You are welcome to attempt to fly here and clear immigrations to see what it
looks like.
You are also welcome to continue to play with the "toy" IPv4 technology.

The "toy" IPv4 Internet is a sewer.
IPv8 is designed to be a swamp to cover the sewer.
IPv16 is the "high-ground"....

Jim Fleming

----- Original Message -----
From: "TOMSON ERIC" <[email-masked]>

> 2.Stop advertising America ; the Internet has not been limited to American
users for years now (*).

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:12:43 -0500

Americans in the list below will likely understand that freedom is a special
thing.
As our leaders have said, we will defend our freedom at all costs. We are
willing
to die for our freedom. We value the freedom of speech and the freedom of
the
press.

I find it amazing that non-U.S. citizens think that they can infiltrate
networks in
the U.S. and attempt to deny U.S. citizens their basic rights. I find it
amazing that
they have the nerve to attempt to "ban" and censor American's on their own
networks and their own soil. What has this world come to?

If the so-called Internet Community or the Internet Society thinks that it
has
grown to be so pervasive that it will invade America and attempt to dictate
a
new world order, then I think that all leaders in America need to take a
very
hard look at who are the people behind this so-called "Internet Community"
or "Internet Society". It appears to be a society out of control. It appears
to
be a society that does not value the same basic ideals that all Americans
enjoy.

I am not ashamed to say that I prefer to be a free American, as opposed to
a member of the so-called Internet Community. The more I see who are the
members of the Internet Community, the happier I am to be an American.

Jim Fleming

----- Original Message -----
From: "TOMSON ERIC" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Jim Fleming'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Fred Baker" <[email-masked]>; "Einar Stefferud" <[email-masked]>;
"pdeblanc@usvi. net" <[email-masked]>; "@Quasar" <[email-masked]>;
"orobles@nic. mx" <[email-masked]>; "Elisabeth. Porteneuve@cetp. ipsl. fr"
<[email-masked]>; "edyson@edventure. com"
<[email-masked]>; "Eric. Menge@sba. gov" <[email-masked]>; "JandL"
<[email-masked]>; "Jay@Fenello. com" <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; "joppenheimer@icbtollfree. com"
<[email-masked]>; "krose@ntia. doc. gov" <[email-masked]>;
"mcade@att. com" <[email-masked]>; "mueller@syr. edu" <[email-masked]>;
"vint cerf" <[email-masked]>; "pindar@HK. Super. NET" <[email-masked]>;
"linda@icann. org" <[email-masked]>; "karl@cavebear. com"
<[email-masked]>; "quaynor@ghana. com" <[email-masked]>; "junsec@wide.
ad. jp" <[email-masked]>; "andy@ccc. de" <[email-masked]>; "shkyong@kgsm.
kaist. ac. kr" <[email-masked]>; "hans@icann. org"
<[email-masked]>; "mkatoh@mkatoh. net" <[email-masked]>; "ken.
fockler@sympatico. ca" <[email-masked]>; "f. fitzsimmons@att. net"
<[email-masked]>; "Amadeu@nominalia. com" <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; "mouhamet@sonatel. sn" <[email-masked]>;
"jplano@quorum. com. ar" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
"hph@online. no" <[email-masked]>; "gvaldez@nic. mx" <[email-masked]>;
"cjw@remarque. org" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; "ant@hivemind. net" <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; "ietf@ietf. org" <[email-masked]>; "Ellen Rony"
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 10:25 AM
Subject: RE: in memoriam

---

From: "Jose Manuel Arronte Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:39:42 -0500

> Isn't it really possible to ban him from this list ??? Pleeeeeeeeease ?

I definitely AGREE.   >(

> IPv16 is the "high-ground"....

If IPv4 is a sewer, why dont you stoip using it? this list at many points uses it, so please keep some of us out of your comments.

IPv16 is so high that only J. Flaming know about it... and after number 9 it comes 10, (not 16) which seems to be unassigned, maybe J. Flaming is so 'high-ground' that has not noticed this:

VERSION NUMBERS

In the Internet Protocol (IP) [RFC791] there is a field to identify
the version of the internetwork general protocol.  This field is 4
bits in size.

Assigned Internet Version Numbers

Decimal   Keyword    Version                            References
-------   -------    -------                            ----------
    0                Reserved                                [JBP]
  1-3                Unassigned                              [JBP]
    4       IP       Internet Protocol                [RFC791,JBP]
    5       ST       ST Datagram Mode                [RFC1190,JWF]
    6       IPv6     Internet Protocol version 6         [RFC1752]
    7       TP/IX    TP/IX: The Next Internet                [RXU]
    8       PIP      The P Internet Protocol                 [PXF]
    9       TUBA     TUBA                                    [RXC]
10-14                Unassigned                              [JBP]
   15                Reserved                                [JBP]

Saludos.
Regards.
_________________________________________
José Manuel Arronte García
Supervisor de Soporte Técnico Helpdesk
 
Meg@Red Veracruz
Telecomunicaciones y Entretenimiento S. A. de C. V.
Av. S. Díaz Mirón 2625-A
Fracc. Moderno 91916
Veracruz Ver. MÉXICO

+52 (2) 923-0400, 923-0410
[email-masked]
http://www.megacable.com.mx
http://www.megared.net.mx

_________________________________________
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, 
 and I'm not sure about the former".        --A. Einstein

---

From: "Jose Manuel Arronte Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:39:42 -0500

I definitely AGREE.   >(

VERSION NUMBERS

Saludos.
Regards.
 
Meg@Red Veracruz

---

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:39:57 +0100

Sorry I continue feeding trolls, but I never saw such demagogy and arrogance.
I will try to be silent next time :).

> thing.  As our leaders have said, we will defend our freedom at all costs. We
> are willing to die for our freedom. We value the freedom of speech and the
> freedom of the press.
So what about DMCA? SSSCA? Tell us which freedoms it introduces. I see only
cutoffs of freedom. Europe is much better (yet) in freedom than some U.S.  from
my angle of view.

> networks in the U.S. and attempt to deny U.S. citizens their basic rights.
Well, no freedom is unlimited. Basically, noncivilized and poor quality speech
doesn't deserve much freedom. It's mainly about your behaviour - you are
allowed to present your opinions, but in civilized way.

> I find it amazing that they have the nerve to attempt to "ban" and censor
> American's on their own networks and their own soil. What has this world come
> to?
Oh, you own the ietf.org server? Surprising. Ok then... ;-)

> has grown to be so pervasive that it will invade America and attempt to
> dictate a new world order, then I think that all leaders in America need to
> take a very hard look at who are the people behind this so-called "Internet
> Community" or "Internet Society".
Invade America? Dictate a new world order? Ehm, they are not communists not
islam fundamentalists. What the hell you are talking about? What you mean by
invading America and dictating a new world order? (OBTW America seems to me to
do the same with the world around)

>                                   It appears to be a society out of control.
Out of control of omniscient U.S. government? Big brother lost control over
Internet, great :).

> It appears to be a society that does not value the same basic ideals that all
> Americans enjoy.
If not, it's problem of Americans. Noone forces Internet Society to do so.  You
said something about freedom, didn't you?

> I am not ashamed to say that I prefer to be a free American, as opposed to a
> member of the so-called Internet Community. The more I see who are the
The more I read you as an American, the happier I am not to be an American.

-- 

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC
Real Users hate Real Programmers.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/