Subject: Re: participation in IETF meetings

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:37:04 -0400

Lloyd Wood wrote:

>On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, RJ Atkinson wrote:
>
>>         The challenge is that some folks clearly do use the wireless
>> LAN to download I-Ds to review precise text during the meeting 
>> discussing that particular I-D (in lieu of carrying paper around, 
>> I suppose),
>
>they can't prepare beforehand by downloading the entire draft tarball 
>that is made available prior to travelling to the event?

The wireless LAN can be useful for checking the mailing list archive (if 
there is one) to check what the WG decided the last time a particular 
issue came up, and why.  It's sometimes possible to download an archive in 
advance (I did it once), but it's less practical than downloading all the 
I-Ds.

John Stracke
Principal Engineer
Incentive Systems, Inc.
[email-masked]