Subject: Fwd: Re: A Stupid Ploy: Fwd: Who Is Bin Laden?

From: Einar Stefferud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:42:07 -0700

Hi -- I fully know that IETF folk do not want to clutter up the list 
with political stuff, but...  I think shedding just a little more 
light on this one event should be OK.

I sent that offending spam to a friend in Irvine, California, who 
likes to dig deeper into things like this and he returned to me the 
following research results, which you might find interesting.

I do not think there is much more to be said.

Best;-)...\Stef

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:32:09 -0700
Subject: Re: A Stupid Ploy:  Fwd: Who Is Bin Laden?

Well, he's certainly visible enough. A nicely formatted version of
what you sent was posted on the web on Sept. 12:

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Who Is Osama Bin Laden?
      by Michel Chossudovsky
      Professor of Economics, University of Ottawa

      Centre for Research on Globalisation (CRG), Montréal
      Posted at globalresearch.ca 12 September 2001

      http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO109C.html
       - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you look at the home page for that organization
http://globalresearch.ca/
you will find a whole bunch of conspiracy theory and
anti-American items. One of these hits close to home:

      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Osama bin Laden: Agencies of the US Government "Harbor"
      International Terrorism, Listen to "RealAudio" of Michel
      Chossudovsky interviewed by Dan Tsang (30 minutes) at
      KUCI 88.9 FM, Irvine, California.
      http://falco.kuci.uci.edu/~dtsang/subversity/Sv010914b.ram

      See "Subversity" program details. 16 September 2001.
      http://www.kuci.org/~dtsang/subversity/
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Feeding his name as a search term into ixquick reveals that
Chossudovsky has been spewing such stuff for at least ten years.

I find it fascinating that it only took him a day to write the
Osama piece that was posted on Sept. 12. . . .     :-)

Cheers -       Jim
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:49:18 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Einar Stefferud" <[email-masked]>

---

Stef,

Nice research. I think it is also important for the ISOC and the IETF
to take stock of who it is who are "members" of its ranks. Many people
are not aware that, in the past IETF members, sent death threats to
people and their families. Apparently, during the ICANN TLD Application
process, people and companies, became the subject of "holy jihads".
Apparently the FBI was called in and reports are that much of the material
was "absorbed". It seems to me that the ISOC and the IETF can no longer
be allowed to harbor people who quietly (and not so quietly) work their
agendas against U.S. citizens and netizens of the world. Recent comments
like "slapped down" show that the IETF, like many large organizations, can
provide the platform upon which violence is breeded. In my opinion, that
is no different from the other platforms that the U.S. is seeking to
destroy.
Organizations that harbor terrorists are as guilty as the terrorists
themselves.
I think it is time for the U.S. Government to get to the bottom of just who
is involved in the so-called "Internet Society" and the organization called
the IETF.

Jim Fleming

---

From: Mark Durham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:07:52 -0700

Einar Stefferud wrote:

> with political stuff,

Yup.

> but...  I think shedding just a little more

Really? Why?

> following research results, which you might find interesting.

Hardly. His "research results" are trivial and his observations are
shallow. And, of course, OT in this forum.

> I do not think there is much more to be said.

Au contraire. But not here. ;)