Subject: Summary of feedback, process-making process

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:12:32 +0200

OK, here is my summary of the feedback I got on my reorganization proposal.

- There is no strong support for keeping POISSON running as a working group.
The chairs are firmly against it, and the reasons put forward for keeping 
it seem to have only incidental relationship to the normal functions of an 
IETF WG.

- There IS strong support for keeping the POISED mailing list as a 
continuing discussion forum, both from people who are afraid that they 
would have to read everything from POISED on the main IETF list, from 
people who are afraid they would have to read everything from the main IETF 
list if that was the new POISED list, and from people who just think that 
it is a reasonable separation of concerns.

- The idea of focused WGs seems to be received with a fair amount of "this 
may work" comments - certainly there is no consensus that it is the WRONG 
way to go. And it may work.

I will amend the proposal in accordance with these perceived comments.
Given these conclusions, all further comments should be directed to the 
[email-masked] list.....

                Harald Alvestrand
                General AD