Subject: Re: Specification verification tools

From: Bancroft Scott <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 04:44:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2001 Henning G. Schulzrinne wrote:
 
> For now, please send me pointers to tools and possible languages or
> other suitable means, including, for example, RFC 2234 (ABNF), ASN.1 as
> used for LDAP and SNMP, or XML schemas. Note that these tools are meant
> for verification, not for code generation.

You can download the OSS ASN.1 Syntax Checker for free from:
http://www.oss.com/products/syntax1.html

You can download for free the book "ASN.1 - Communication between
heterogeneous systems" from http://www.oss.com/asn1/dubuisson.html, and
the book "ASN.1 Complete" from http://www.oss.com/asn1/larmouth.html.  

Hardcopies of these books can also be purchased online from the likes of 
http://www.barnesandnoble.com or http://www.amazon.com

A full line of ASN.1 products for C, C++ and Java can be found at
http://www.oss.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bancroft Scott                               Toll Free    :1-888-OSS-ASN1
OSS Nokalva                                  International:1-732-302-0750
[email-masked]                                 Tech Support :1-732-302-9669 x-1
1-732-302-9669 x-200                         Fax          :1-732-302-0023
http://www.oss.com