Subject: "Leslie has forwarded the official IETF position...Brian will take this paper to the ITU Study Group 2"

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:56:28 -0500

http://www.pso.icann.org/PSO_Minutes/PSO-Minutes-27July2001.txt

"Leslie has forwarded the official IETF position (RFC 2826) to ETSI, ITU and
W3C. The RFC 2826
   is made available at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2826.txt, as "IAB
Technical Comment on the Unique
   DNS Root". Brian will take this paper to the ITU Study Group 2, ETSI will
bring it to its Technical
   Bodies SPAN and TIPHON, with the objective of gathering clear opinions on
the related technical
   aspects."

http://www.pso.icann.org/PSO_Minutes/PSO-Minutes-28Sept2001.txt
"After detailed discussion, the Protocol Council deliberated to reconfirm
this statement as
the position of Protocol Council on the Alternative Roots Issue.
It was further agreed to insert the conclusion of the ITU-T Study Group 2 on
this issue,
as well as the comments concerning this matter of ETSI, IETF and W3C if any,
and this will be
brought to the attention of ICANN."

Jim Fleming
Why gamble with a .BIZ Lottery? Start a real .BIZ Today !
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
0:212 - BIZ World