Subject: hello see this (DRP)

From: "mekudi jasper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:46:31 -0400

DEPARTMENT OF PETROLEUM RESOURCES     
PLOT 225 KOFO ABAYOMI STREET VICTORIA ISLAND,LAGOS, NIGERIA.
DIRECT FAX: 234 1 7590904. TEL; 234 –1- 7591519
                                                                                
                                     October 3, 2001

ATTENTION : THE PRESIDENT/C.E.O

RE: URGENT & CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL

Dear Sir,
 
I am DR. Mekudi Waziri (JP) Member Contract Award Committee of the above 
Department

Terms of Reference

My term of reference involves the award of contracts to multinational companies.

My office is saddled with the responsibility of contract award, screening, 
categorization and prioritization of projects embarked upon by Department of 
Petroleum Resources (DPR) as well as feasibility studies for selected projects 
and supervising the project consultants involved. A breakdown of the fiscal 
expenditure by this office as at the end of last fiscal quarter of 2000 
indicates that DPR paid out a whooping sum of US$736M(Seven Hundred And Thirty 
Six Million, United States Dollars) to successful contract beneficiaries. The 
DPR is now compiling beneficiaries to be paid for the fourth Quarter of 2001.

The crux of this letter is that the finance/contract department of the DPR 
deliberately over –invoiced the contract value of the various contracts awarded. 
In the course of disbursements, this department has been able to accumulate the 
sum of US$38.2M(Thirty-eight Million, two hundred Thousand U.S Dollars) as the 
over-invoiced sum. This money is currently in a suspense account of the DPR 
account with the Debt Reconciliation Committee (DRC). We now seek to process the 
transfer of this fund officially as contract payment to you as a foreign 
contractor, who will be fronting for us as the beneficiary of the fund. In this 
way we can facilitate these funds into your nominated account for possible 
investment abroad. We are not allowed as a matter of government policy to 
operate any foreign account to transfer this fund into.

However, for your involvement in assisting us with this transfer into your 
nominated account we have evolved a sharing formula as follows:
(1)	20% for you as the foreign partner
(2)	75% for I and my colleagues
(3)	5% will be set aside to defray all incidental expenses both Locally and 
Internationally during the course of this transaction.

We shall be relying on your advice as regard investment of our share in any 
business in your country. Be informed that this business is genuine and 100% 
safe considering the high-power government officials involved. Send your private 
fax/telephone numbers. Upon your response we shall provide you with further 
information on the procedures. Feel free to send response by Fax: 234-1-7590904 /
 TEL: 234-1-7591519 expecting your response urgently. All enquiries should be 
directed to the undersigned by FAX ,E-MAIL OR PHONE.
Looking forward to a good business relationship with you.

Sincerely,
DR. Mekudi Waziri (JP)

 

Oh, by the way, make the best Search Engine on the Internet, your startpage. Click on this link: http://www.searchalot.com/homepage.htm

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:43:51 -0500

All,

This is appalling. How can this be STOPPED??? Any ideas please. In my view, I think the IETF board should take it to the appropriate
authorities since the source of the message can be traced.

Cel

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 11:54:38 +0200

> This is appalling. How can this be STOPPED?

un sub scribe