Subject: Point Codes to Hexadecimal

From: "Willis, Scott L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:41:20 -0400

Help,

Does anyone know of a good website that has a translator that will convert
SS7 point codes into hexadecimal.  Also Hex into whole numbers?

Thank you

Scott

---

From: Mahadevan Iyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:59:40 -0700

Hi all,

I am trying to find out answers to the following questions:
1. How widespread is the support for dynamic traffic conditioning (policing,
shaping) in the various Internet nodes such as switches and routers ( whether
those nodes are DiffServ-enabled or not.)
2. How widespread is the actual traffic conditioning done on the Internet. How
heavily do ISP's use the available traffic conditioning features on their
non-DiffServ-enabled edge or core devices.

I understand that general questions of this nature about the internet are
difficult to answer. But any pointers to relevant Internet-survey articles
will be appreciated. I am hunting for the same, but I thought I will also
glean from the collective knowledge of IETF'ers.

Thanks,
Mahadevan.