Subject: Re: [Fwd: Specification verification tools]

From: Olivier Dubuisson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 22:37:38 +0200

Bancroft Scott wrote:
>
> On Wed, 4 Oct 2001 Henning G. Schulzrinne wrote:
>
> > For now, please send me pointers to tools and possible languages or
> > other suitable means, including, for example, RFC 2234 (ABNF), ASN.1 as
> > used for LDAP and SNMP, or XML schemas. Note that these tools are meant
> > for verification, not for code generation.
>
> You can download the OSS ASN.1 Syntax Checker for free from:
> http://www.oss.com/products/syntax1.html
>
> You can download for free the book "ASN.1 - Communication between
> heterogeneous systems" from http://www.oss.com/asn1/dubuisson.html, and
> the book "ASN.1 Complete" from http://www.oss.com/asn1/larmouth.html.
>
> Hardcopies of these books can also be purchased online from the likes of
> http://www.barnesandnoble.com or http://www.amazon.com
>
> A full line of ASN.1 products for C, C++ and Java can be found at
> http://www.oss.com.

A syntax checker and pretty-printer for ASN.1 can be freely used at:
http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/tools/asnp/
The pretty-printer can output a HTML version of any set of ASN.1 modules
with hyperlinks between ASN.1 definitions and their references.

A database of checked and pretty-printed ASN.1 modules contained in
ITU-T Recommendations can be browsed at:
http://www.itu.int/itu-t/asn1/database/

A repository of object identifiers or OIDs is available at:
http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/oid
(It will be greatly improved and populated in the future.)

An ASN.1 mode for Emacs with a lot of features to help people write ASN.1
modules and brows them can be freely downloaded from:
http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/tools/emacs/

A lot of other tools for ASN.1 are listed at:
http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/links/#tools
-- 
Olivier DUBUISSON
france telecom R&D
     _                 DTL/MSV - 22307 Lannion Cedex - France
    ( )           tel: +33 2 96 05 38 50 - fax: +33 2 96 05 39 45
    / \/               --------------------------------------
    \_/\               Site ASN.1 : http://asn1.elibel.tm.fr/