Subject: 3:219 INFO

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:14:44 -0500

Moving forward with the Proof-of-Concept .INFO TLD.
It does not appear that ICANN has gained 100% marketshare.
People will have to make sure that they have their INFO names
registered in all of the major TLD clusters below. The real .INFO
production-grade TLD servers will likely come from the companies
below. Everyone should work together to make .INFO work. It is
clear that ICANN is not getting the job done.

Results from VueDig: http://root-dns.org

AlterNIC : 160.79.129.192
VueDig Results : Answer = 2 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 0.
info. 7h36m IN NS tld1.nominum.com.
info. 7h36m IN NS tld2.nominum.com.

Australian Root Server Confederation : 203.21.205.2
VueDig Results : Answer = 0 : Authority = 1 : Additional = 0.
No records found.

Business Oriented Root Network : 213.70.103.18
VueDig Results : Answer = 2 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 2.
info. 2D IN NS ns.ripe.net.
info. 2D IN NS ns.icann.org.

Common Interest Network Information Center Society : 216.15.192.130
Result = Questionable Response!
info. 1d23h46m40s IN NS ns.icann.org.
info. 1d23h46m40s IN NS ns.ripe.net.

i-DNS.net International : 208.184.174.7
VueDig Results : Answer = 2 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 2.
info. 2D IN NS TLD2.NOMINUM.COM.
info. 2D IN NS TLD1.NOMINUM.COM.

Legacy Root Servers : 198.41.0.4
VueDig Results : Answer = 2 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 2.
info. 2D IN NS TLD2.NOMINUM.COM.
info. 2D IN NS TLD1.NOMINUM.COM.

Name.Space : 209.48.2.11
VueDig Results : Answer = 10 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 10.
info. 1D IN NS NS12.AUTONO.NET.
info. 1D IN NS NS00.ROOT-ZONE.NET.
info. 1D IN NS ROOT8.AUTONO.NET.
info. 1D IN NS NS1.AUTONO.NET.
info. 1D IN NS NS11.AUTONO.NET.
info. 1D IN NS ROOT3.AUTONO.NET.
info. 1D IN NS C.TLD-SERVERS.NET.
info. 1D IN NS NS.AUTONO.NET.
info. 1D IN NS NS10.AUTONO.NET.
info. 1D IN NS MEDIAFILTER.ORG.

New.net Inc : 206.132.100.42
VueDig Results : Answer = 0 : Authority = 2 : Additional = 2.
No records found.

North American Root Server Confederation : 216.129.136.8
Result = No Response

The OpenNIC Project : 209.21.75.51
VueDig Results : Answer = 2 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 2.
info. 2D IN NS tld2.nominum.com.
info. 2D IN NS tld1.nominum.com.

Open Root Server Confederation : 199.166.24.1
VueDig Results : Answer = 2 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 2.
info. 2D IN NS TLD1.NOMINUM.COM.
info. 2D IN NS TLD2.NOMINUM.COM.

The Internet Namespace Cooperative : 64.6.65.10
VueDig Results : Answer = 2 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 2.
info. 1W IN NS TLD2.NOMINUM.COM.
info. 1W IN NS TLD1.NOMINUM.COM.

The PacificRoot : 204.107.129.2
VueDig Results : Answer = 3 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 3.
info. 2D IN NS hk.universalroot.com.
info. 2D IN NS us.universalroot.com.
info. 2D IN NS uk.universalroot.com.

Jim Fleming
http://www.in-addr.info
3:219 INFO
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt