Subject: RFC-2001-10-15-000 IPv8 .INFO (3:129) Address Space Management

From: "JIM R FLEMING" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:20:14 -0500

RFC-2001-07-01-000 IPv8 Expansion of Proof of Concept TLD Development
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

Whereas, on June 10, 2001 the IETF was notified of "Proof of Concept TLD
Development...and Multiple TLD Clusters"
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12215.html
Whereas, the IPv4 Internet has not crashed.

Whereas, on June 19, 2001 www.New.Net announced an expansion from 20 TLDs to
30 TLDs.
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/micro_stories.pl?ACCT=156973&TICK=NEWN&STO
RY=/www/story/06-19-2001/0001516612&EDATE=Jun+19,+2001
Whereas, the IPv4 Internet has not crashed.

Whereas, tools are now readily available to IPv4 Internet users to query the
status of TLDs.
http://root-dns.org
Whereas, the IPv4 Internet has not crashed.

Whereas, on June 26, 2001 ICANN announced Proof of Concept testing by USC
IANA researchers for .BIZ and .INFO
http://www.icann.org/announcements/icann-pr26jun01.htm
Whereas, the IPv4 Internet has not crashed.

Whereas on October 25, 2001 Microsoft plans to launch Windows XP with
the capability built-in to support IPv8-style, IPv6 routing, via 2002:<IPv4>
prefixes.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/default.asp

Whereas, on October 14, 2001 IN-ADDR.INFO was allocated to manage the
IPv8 Address Space located at 2002:<IPv4>:0000:3:129.*.*.*.*:0000.

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
3:219     INFO

It is resolved, that the IPv8 Address Space 3:129 is allocated for the
purposes
of expanding the IPv8 Proof-of-Concept TLD expansion, and for the purpose
of establishing commercial services to support the .INFO Community and the
appropriate registries and infrastructure required to securely provide those
services on a more stable Next Generation Internet.

Jim Fleming
Why gamble with a .BIZ Lottery? Start a real .BIZ Today !
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
0:212 - BIZ World
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12223.html