Subject: Revisions to NOMCOM - RFC2727

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:41:02 -0500 (EST)

Discussions halted more than a month ago in deference to the active
NOMCOM process.  Now that they have completed their task we should pick
up the discussion of the revision to the Nominating Committee
Procedures (RFC2727).  I wanted to take this opportunity to remind
everyone about this important work and encourage more participation.

RFC2727bis specifies how the IESG and IAB members are selected.  It is
your community and they are your leaders.  Please do take an interest in
how the IETF is managed.

There is no physical working group for this document and hence no
meeting at this next or any IETF.  All work will be completed on the
mailing list:

    [email-masked]

    To Subscribe:
        a. send a message with the single word "subscribe" in the body
           to [email-masked]
        b. visit the following URL:
             http://lists.elistx.com/subscribe

However, I will be at the IETF next week for anyone who wants to have a
face-to-face discussion.

The Agenda has grown by a few items since the last publication.  I'm
sure there will be more items before we are done.  I've included a copy
below.

Finally, note that RFC2727 is a BCP.  When this revision is completed it
will replace RFC2727 and also be a BCP.

Thanks,

Jim

--
James M. Galvin <[email-masked]>