Subject: e-mail

From: "Lionel Gauliardon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:31:09 +0100

Hi,

Is there a limit for length (characters) of an e-mail address ?

Thanks,

Lionel.

---

From: "Gary E. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:17:21 -0800 (PST)

Yo Lionel!

> Is there a limit for length (characters) of an e-mail address ?

See RFC 2821 "Simple Mail Transfer Protocol", page 53/54.

 local-part
      The maximum total length of a user name or other local-part is 64
      characters.

  domain
      The maximum total length of a domain name or number is 255
      characters.

   reply line
      The maximum total length of a reply line including the reply code
      and the <CRLF> is 512 characters.  More information may be
      conveyed through multiple-line replies.

RGDS
GARY
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Blvd, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
	[email-masked]  Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676