Subject: Subjects for Thursday's IESG plenary

From: Harald Alvestrand - IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 06:51:16 -0600

Hi folks,
This week, we will again have 2 plenaries - IAB on Wednesday, IESG on
Thursday.

The most important part of the plenary is the open mike session - YOU get
to tell us what YOU consider important about the IETF.

And we get to respond, and you get to respond to each other, for as long as
it takes.

But forewarned is forearmed.....

If you have a subject you want to raise, and want to make sure that you
actually get a response that has some thinking behind it rather than "shoot
from the hip", you might want to tell us beforehand.

Send a message to me (and to the IETF list if you want to), saying that "I
will raise subject X at the plenary".

I'll try to ensure that the person most relevant to adress your issue has
actually spent some time thinking about it beforehand.

Welcome to the session!

                    Harald Alvestrand, IETF Chair

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:20:24 -0600

I got a question about which subjects to address in which session....

The IAB is responsible for:

- architectural overview
- management of the IRTF
- management of external relations including ISOC/ICANN

Some of these things will be addressed in presentations in the IAB session; 
comments to presentations are of course in order.

The IESG is responsible for:

- the IETF process, including Nomcom, IPR and so on
- Issues of technical substance related to current standards development
- what the IESG does

In case of doubt, ask.....

                    Harald