Subject: Re: y'all crack me up

From: Paul Robinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 15:36:18 +0000

On Feb 28, Michael Allen Gelman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> IETF did the same thing old Vernon did -- publicly post a private 
> email.  You *know* what is wrong with that.  Out the other sides of your 
> asses you tell people about "Netiquette," don't you.  Dweebs!

It's a mailing list. It's for people who participate or are interested in 
the IETF process to discuss things. A MAILING LIST. Can you spell that? I'm 
sorry, but when you send mail to a mailing list, it automatically gets sent 
to all the members of that list - what part of that did you not understand? 
Can I suggest that you read http://www.ietf.org/maillist.html and you go 
away and learn some basic stuff about how e-mail works, and how many people 
use it. And learn that sending things to mailing lists that you want to be 
kept quiet is a really stupid idea. Oh yeah, all these mails are being 
archived on the web - you knew that, right?
 
> I am really amused.

So am I.
 
> I am really surprised at how juvenile and hateful some of you are.  I have 
> rec'd messages from about a dozen of you, calling me names and hurling 
> false accusations at me.  When I reply, my mail is returned.

You really are having problems sending mail aren't you? You know, there is a 
working group around here that might help out...

> Several of you are "grasping at straws" to try to find some wrong doing 
> that I have done.  The fact is that I am a small business owner with high 
> moral standards of honesty and treatment of my fellow human beings.  I 
> don't spam and I don't aid spammers.  I don't speculate on domain 
> names.  My services have strict anti-abuse policies that, in one case, 
> carries a monetary penalty.  I cancel some accounts on the first complaint.

Your mother must be very proud of you.
 
> Go ahead and write to me using acronyms you know I won't understand.  Hell, 
> one guy doesn't even know the meaning of "ironic."  Listening to Alanis 
> Morisette music?  She doesn't understand that word, either.  If you can't 
> understand in English, so be it.

OK, I could have written this mail in English (I'm English myself), or 
French, Italian, Spanish, German or Russian. I'll let you pick. 

Incidentally, I believe it is you who does not understand the irony of
sending a mail complaining about anti-spammers activities and how you are a
legitimate business, with an advert at the bottom, to a mailing list read by
nearly everybody involved (and many who aren't like myself) with the
workings of the IETF and individual working groups.

You're starting to sound stupid. You look stupid. You know, I think there 
might be a good chance here that you are stupid. No offense, but you really 
are bing quite silly about all this...
 
> The fact is that you folks are losers and you're not too bright.  I don't 
> care how good you are at writing code and doing math -- you're 
> losers.  Y'all crack me up.

We also run the world. You see, you've actually stumbled across the *real* 
illuminati. Look out of your window. See that guy across the street staring 
at your window? He's with us.

In all seriousness, there are times when I read an RFC and *I* think the 
IETF must be stupid, but I can assure you that they aren't. Some of them 
even graduated high-school.
 
> I have a nice house, lots of money, a hot girlfriend, and I enjoy it all 
> immensely.  I also have the ability to imagine and create new things.  Go 
> ahead and hate me -- I can't say I blame you.

You don't want to even imagine what some of the guys on this list earn in
consulting fees. They just don't boast about it. They're secure in
themselves and don't feel the need to. I'm sorry that isn't the case for
you. 

As for creating and imaginig new things, can I direct you to
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/1rfc_index.txt where you will find the list of 3240
documents that define how every nook and cranny of the Internet works,
having been developed since April 7 1969 - if you don't find anything
imaginative in that lot, you're not getting the point. The people you are
dismissing made your domain selling business a possibility - without them
you'd be nothing. They don't ask for anything in return, and many of them
hate what you do for a business, but the least you can give them is a small
amount of respect.
 
> I'm having sex with a beautiful woman and making money while not hurting 
> anyone in any way. 

All that whilst typing this e-mail! Well done! I'd try doing that, but I'm 
in a cybercafe right now and might get some funny looks. Incidentally, how 
are you making money whilst having sex and writing this mail? Is she paying 
you? Wow, you are a lucky man. We're sooooo jealous.
 
> Have fun masturbating 

Laughs out to the guy who wrote 'is there any other way' in answer to that. 
Again, I'd try having fun masturbating, but being in the cybercafe and all 
that...

> and writing abusive mail to a man 
> who would teach you some respect, but as you know, can't reach you right now.

Ooooh! I'm scared! :-)

Seriously, you sent mail to a mailing list without doing any research,
you've now realised you screwed up, and although we already knew you were
pretty vengeful (e.g. the initial mail you sent to us), there really is no
need to take it all so personally. Just go away and leave us alone and we'll
all try to avoid you. Especially if we see you on the highway and you're
trying to have sex whilst driving as well. And remember to check who your
mail is going to next time before you sent it.

--
Paul Robinson

---

From: Tim DiLauro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:30:42 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Paul Robinson wrote:

Okay!

Is everyone on the list going to do one of these, or can we stop
already!?

-timmo

> Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:36:18 +0000
> From: Paul Robinson <[email-masked]>
> To: Michael Allen Gelman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: y'all crack me up
>

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim DiLauro                          Milton S. Eisenhower Library
Digital Knowledge Center             Johns Hopkins University
(410) 516-5263                       3400 N. Charles Street
[email-masked]                        Baltimore, MD  21218
-------------------------------------------------------------------