Subject: 9/11 Reports

From: "Beard, Cory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:25:54 -0600

Could someone point me to good papers and presentations about the effect 9/11 had on the network?
 
I'm particularly interested in the congestion levels and how they were geographically distributed.
 
Thanks,
Cory Beard

---

From: Hyunchul Kim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:15:20 +0900

there was a session "September 11 Impact on the Network : Perspectives from
Near Ground Zero" in Virtual Internet2 Member Meetings, 2001.10.3(Wed).

you can find presentation slides and archived Real/MPEG1 videos at
http://www.internet2.edu/activities/html/vimm-networks.html

 - Hyun-Chul Kim

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hyunchul Kim                        E-mail  : [email-masked]
System Architecture Lab.            Phone   : +82-42-869-3554
CS Dept., KAIST, Taejon, 305-701    Fax     : +82-42-869-5554
South Korea                         Cellular: 011-285-0064
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too 
 young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15 
 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when they 
 took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'" 
                                
                                 --Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation
------------------------------------------------------------------------------