Subject: Moderation and such

From: Thor Harald Johansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:48:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

One or two of the messages I've sent out haven't received a single reply
(wich is strange, considering there's always some person who disagrees
with you).

How is this list moderated? Is it at all? What's ok and what gets filtered
out?
-- 
Thor

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:33:53 -0600

> (wich is strange, considering there's always some person who disagrees

a number of reasons....

- a lot of people are tired of the whole IDN discussion
- this list has a couple of thousand participants, most of which are not
  interested in IDN. Several potential responders know that.
- a lot of topics have been covered in some detail before.

> How is this list moderated? Is it at all? What's ok and what gets filtered

There is a filter on spam - mail not coming from known "good" sources is 
held for manual approval, the spam is thrown away, and the rest is approved 
(and the addresses added to the list of "good" sources).
Occasionally we have had temporary bans on particularly disruptive 
individuals' posting to the list - but such bans are always announced.

Otherwise, there is no filtering.

              Harald