Subject: Looking ahead to IETF 54

From: "Ole J. Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:54:05 -0800 (PST)

As a frequent visitor to Japan, I am planning to put together some kind of
"guide" and put it on a web page somewhere, more on that later.

Meanwhile, please mark your calendar for:

1. Akihabara (electronics town) Geek Tour, Sunday July 14. On Sundays, the
"Main Drag" aka Chuo Dori is closed to cars and Akihabara will be full of
people shopping for the latest gadgets. Meet at entrance to Landmark
shopping center at 11am. We will return before 5pm in time for the welcome
reception.

2. Minato Mirai Hall Fisk Pipe Organ Demo. Monday, July 15, 6pm. Details
to follow.

http://www.city.yokohama.jp/me/mmhall/about/pipe-e.html

When you plan your travel, consider using Osaka (KIX) as you entry point
instead of Tokyo. If you do, you should stop in Kobe or Osaka and visit
the world's longest suspension bridge:

http://www.hsba.go.jp/bridge/e-akasi.htm

You'll also have easy access to Kyoto.

Then take the bullet train to Yokohama. Get a "Nozomi" if you can, they
are the fastest.

See you in Yokohama!

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal
Office of the CTO, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972
GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:24:36 -0800

Also as a frequent visitor, I'll post my favorite money and time saving 
travel tip. Get a JR East rail pass *before* you travel to Japan. It's much 
cheaper that way. Surf to http://www.jreast.co.jp/eastpass/index.htm to 
find out details.

I would also plan ahead as much as possible as we will be arriving a couple 
of weeks after the World Cup and many tourist activities may be booked up.

Sorry for the tourist interruption. Now back to the recurring NAT 
complaints and WG sniping that spill onto to the IETF list.