Subject: ssl

From: "Bill Cunningham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 01:04:10 -0400

Is there a rfc for secure socket layer?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 01:38:14 -0400

> Is there a rfc for secure socket layer?
 
RFC2246 on TLS? Or you looking specifically for SSL instead?  I believe
that was a Netscape spec rather than an IETF one, but I may be mistaken
(although 2246 says this:

3. Goals of this document

   This document and the TLS protocol itself are based on the SSL 3.0
   Protocol Specification as published by Netscape. The differences
   between this protocol and SSL 3.0 are not dramatic, but they are
   significant enough that TLS 1.0 and SSL 3.0 do not interoperate
   (although TLS 1.0 does incorporate a mechanism by which a TLS
   implementation can back down to SSL 3.0). This document is intended

Hope that helps...

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer
				Virginia Tech

---

From: Glenn Chisholm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 03:32:25 -0700

If you are referring to SSL then no, however the spec is at:

http://home.netscape.com/eng/ssl3/draft302.txt

glenn