Subject: RE: which standard?

From: "Dan Kohn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:10:59 -0700

<http://www.normos.org/en/summaries/ietf/rfc/rfc2109.html> shows that
RFC 2109 is obsoleted by RFC 2965.  RFC 2965 also mentions this in the
third line of the document.

The canonical source of information on what obsoletes and is updated by
what is the RFC Editor's website:
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-index2.html>

          - dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>
Essays announced on <mailto:[email-masked]> 

-----Original Message-----
From: Pawlukiewicz Jane [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2002 12:44
To: ietf
Subject: which standard?

Hi,

I'm interested in reading up on cookies. Is RFC 2109 or RFC 2965
currently in effect?

Thanks for any help,

Jane

-
This message was passed through [email-masked],
which
is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed.
Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Raffaele D'Albenzio.

---

From: "Pawlukiewicz Jane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 09:36:06 -0400

Hi Dan,

Thanks for clearing that up. I did see in RFC 2965 that it states it
obsoletes 2109, however I was confused as RFC 2965 is listed as a
_proposed_ standard.  

Thanks to you now I know RFC 2965 is currently in effect.

Thanks,

Jane