Subject: Last "organ" message for now

From: "Ole J. Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

Folks,

We had 201 attendees for our demo!

The pictures I took at the organ demonstration on July 15 in Minato Mirai
Hall can be found at:

http://www.yikes.com/~ole/demo1/

see also:

http://bert.secret-wg.org/Trips-en-zo/IETF54/index.html

On Friday, July 19th, Desiree and I went to Kobuchisawa in Yamanashi ken
to visit Tetsuo Kusakari, one of only 5 organ builders in Japan. You can
see pictures of the woodworking shop, the voicing rig ("where the pipes go
to school to learn to sing") pipe metal making table, and two of his
beautiful instruments at:

http://www.yikes.com/~ole/builder1/

SPECIAL THANKS to:

1. Desiree Miloshevic and Afilias for sponsoring our event

2. Kawachi san ("Dola") of Yamaha for helping us see the inside of the
   instrument, and lending me some real tracker parts (even though my
   kebab sticks worked quite well :-)

3. Iijima san and all the staff of Minato Mirai Hall for all their help
   and assistance during the planning and execution of this event.

4. Hatsumi Miura for letting me do this in the first place

5. Steve Dieck of C.B. Fisk for explaining the details of Lucy

6. Kaori Hongo for bravely tackling an instrument she only got to try
   once before the event.

7. The audience for their enthusiastic response!

There are tentative plans to do this again on December 19 during the
InternetWeek Japan event which will also be held at Pacifico. More on
that later.

Related links:

http://www.mew.org/~kazu/ietf/     (from the IETF social event)

http://www.organdemo.info          (generic organ info -- will be updated)

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal
Office of the CTO, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972
GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj