Subject: Bernie Ebbers - Worldcom

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kolis)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 11:56:33 -0400

Hi,

Its just my not too humble opinion, but I think Bernie E at Mci/Worldcom is
getting kicked in the ass too hard by congress and the investment community.

Same with 360. Some dude busy chasing interns through the halls of congress
and the people at S&P are unhappy. Ok. But, there are fiber Erbium
Amplifiers on the floor of the ocean carrying Gigabits of messages a second;
(including this one). There *not* there without some scary risk taking.

Maybe they need some community college classes in accounting, I don't know.
I *not* saying 360 and Worldcom CEO's and so on are super hero's but, for
one thing, there is real value in the big pipes. The general public thinks
this is Enron II. Its completely different.

Yea, off topic, but it effects this community,
Dan

(KL: This was sent to the Internet Engineering Task Force reflector)

Dan Kolis - Lindsay Electronics Ltd [email-masked]
50 Mary Street West, Lindsay Ontario Canada K9V 2S7
(705) 324-2196               (705) 324-5474 Fax
(705) 879-8257 CELL
An ISO 9001 Company; SCTE Member ISM-127194
/Document end

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 05:19:21 +0900

> Its just my not too humble opinion, but I think Bernie E at Mci/Worldcom
> is getting kicked in the ass too hard by congress and the investment
> community.

which ietf working are you suggesting fix that.  and which internet
draft discusses that fix?