Subject: Multicast Sessions

From: "Beard, Cory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:00:57 -0500

I believe it is only possible to listen/watch Yokohama multicast
sessions, not participate.  Am I correct?

Cory Beard

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:56:50 -0400

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

>>>>> "Beard," == Beard, Cory <[email-masked]> writes:
    Beard> I believe it is only possible to listen/watch Yokohama multicast
    Beard> sessions, not participate.  Am I correct?

  The chairs seldom ever ask for comments from the mbone.

  Assuming that you have audio input, you can often chat with the other
multicast participants (the 4 of us).

  Assuming that they did ask for comments, it isn't clear to me if the
camera-people can actually unmute the audio out from their systems and 
patch it into the room's audio.

  Certainly, the NT boxes used crashed/toasted lots, and apparently the
audio cards had flaky connectors (thus the 2HZ whine on the channel).

  If the multicasting of IETF sessions can not get worse, only better at this
point. I hope that we can make it better in the future.

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another NetBSD/notebook using, kernel hacking, security guy");  [