Subject: NSRG presentation & mailing list address

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:12:48 -0700

Hi all,

Here is last week's presentation.  If you are interested in discussing
name spaces, stacks, stack names, process mobility, and the like, a
mailing list has been created: [email-masked].  To
subscribe, send a note to [email-masked] with the following text line:

subscribe name-space yourname@youraddress

Cheers,

Eliot

---

From: "David J. Aronson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:18:16 -0500

Eliot Lear wrote:

> Here is last week's presentation.
...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                               Name: NSRG Presentation-1.ppt
>    NSRG Presentation-1.ppt    Type: Microsoft PowerPoint Show (application/vnd.ms-powerpoint)
>                           Encoding: base64

Yes, all 278k of it.  TWICE.

Thanks for sharing, but... please don't send large things to mailing
lists!  Many of us are stuck on dialup, or with low mailbox-size limits,
or paying by the byte, etc.  Even those of us with nice fast cheap
connections at home or at work, may be checking our mail from elsewhere.

The usual accepted way to share large files, is to post them somewhere
on the Web (or at least ftp-able), and send the URL to the list.

-- 
David J. Aronson, Software Engineer for hire in Philadelphia area
Resume, and other details, online at: http://dja2001.home.att.net

---

From: Sandy Wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:33:21 -0400

> on the Web (or at least ftp-able), and send the URL to the list.

   Sometimes, it helps to hear a second opinion.  I received that post
FOUR times (I know, it's my fault for lurking on so many IETF lists),
and I'd have been pretty annoyed if I was paying per minute online as is
common is some parts of the world, and I had to wait for four different
copies of that attachment thru a dialup system.....

   DAJ is absolutely right.  Send the post, telling everyone what you're
offering.  Include a URL for your document, and let those who want it go
get it.  In fact, you can probably get some useful feedback from your
server on how popular the document is.

-- 
: Unable to locate coffee.  Operator halted.

---

From: "David J. Aronson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:54:26 -0500

> I received that post

I'm only on the regular IETF list (used to be on IETF-Announce and a few
WGs, but dropped them all), and I eventually got it four times too
(twice before and twice after my complaint).

-- 
David J. Aronson, Software Engineer for hire in Philadelphia area
Resume, and other details, online at: http://dja2001.home.att.net
Looking for work in Philly? Check out the Yahoo group PhillyJobs.