Subject: RE: ECN and ISOC: request for help...

From: Franck Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 12:52:50 +1200

In regards to all comments.

Yes I'm using linux 2.4.x, and I'm disabling linux to handle ECN, because
there is too much trouble with important organisations we are working with.
I gave early an URL that lists some of these organisations like some
important departments of the US government....

Please stop arguing on how a router should handle bits. There is a problem
here ISOC or ISOC's ISP has some broken routers (we all agree on that?) and
they need to be fixed. Who will help to fix it? I have highlighted the
problem to ISOC, Lynn and Anne, but it is a little bit technical for ISOC
(hmm???) and I'm too far away to be of any help (I'm in Fiji), so someone
has to do the next bit: find out which router is broken and call the manager
of the router and propose him a solution...

During this time the band played on.....

Franck Martin
Network and Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/
<http://www.sopac.org/> Support FMaps: http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/
<http://fmaps.sourceforge.net/> 
Certificate: https://www.sopac.org/ssl/ 

This e-mail is intended for its addresses only. Do not forward this e-mail
without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be necessarily
the views of SOPAC.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:29:36 -0700

> here ISOC or ISOC's ISP has some broken routers (we all agree on that?)
> and they need to be fixed.

best to call the net police immediately

randy