Subject: Re: please put a subject

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:54:26 -0400

In message <027501c234da$430e9820$011aa8c0@eagleswings>, "Tony Hain" writes:
>Do you believe there is a difference between virus infected mail and a
>thread that is focused on multiple dns roots? 
>
Virus-infected email is much less harmful than (the existence of) 
multiple roots -- at least I can defend myself against the former.

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb (me)
		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:33:10 -0700

>multiple roots -- at least I can defend myself against the former.

both pretend they are not dangerous.

overall, virus-infected mail is far more successful at the deception.

d/

----------
Dave Crocker <mailto:[email-masked]>
TribalWise, Inc. <http://www.tribalwise.com>
tel +1.408.246.8253; fax +1.408.850.1850