Subject: Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act

From: "Brian Bisaillon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:48:41 -0400

** High Priority **

Dear IETF Members,

Legislations such as the "Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act" are deliberate attempts by the U.S. government to impose patterns or systems that limit one's mind (one's ability to learn about and use information). This is clearly a limit on one's freedom and it's morally wrong.

Keep this in mind when you think about SPAM too.

Brian B.

---

From: "Brian Bisaillon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:05:31 -0400

I'll provide the URL to the act so people can read it before they comment:
http://www.stoppoliceware.org/cbdtpa_bill_text.php

>>> "Fred Baker" <[email-masked]> 08/19/02 11:49AM >>>
At 10:48 AM 8/19/2002 -0400, Brian Bisaillon wrote:
>Legislations such as the "Consumer Broadband and Digital Television 
>Promotion Act" are deliberate attempts by the U.S. government to impose 
>patterns or systems that limit one's mind (one's ability to learn about 
>and use information). This is clearly a limit on one's freedom and it's 
>morally wrong.

So then commercial advertising is wrong as well? It surely has the same end 
in mind.