Subject: CALL FOR PAPERS - SAC2003

From: Turgay Korkmaz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:14:34 -0700 (MST)

ACM Symposium on Applied Computing-SAC 2003

Special Track on Parallel and Distributed Systems and Networking

Melbourne, Florida, USA
March 9-12, 2003

http://www.cslab.ece.ntua.gr/sac03-pdsn

CALL FOR PAPERS

A special track on Parallel and Distributed Systems and Networking will be
held in SAC2003.  This track aims to be a forum for scientists, engineers
and practitioners in academia, industry and research institutes to share
technical ideas, experiences and results and to present their latest
findings in any aspects of Parallel and Distributed Computing and
Networking. The Track will emphasize the design, architecture and software
of parallel, distributed and networking systems with their scientific and
engineering applications.

Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts that demonstrate
current research in all areas of parallel, distributed and networking
systems. The track solicits novel papers on a broad range of topics,
including but not limited to:

* Parallel and Distributed Architectures
* Parallel and Distributed Algorithms
* Compilers, Programming Languages and Tools for Parallel Computing
Systems
* Load Sharing and Balancing
* Task Mapping and Job Scheduling
* Resource Allocation and Management
* Applications for Clusters and Grids - Grid Computing
* Architecture and Operating system support for Parallel Systems
* Communication Protocols, Networking and Interconnect Technologies
* Supercomputing Applications
* Scalable Servers
* Internet and WWW-based Computing
* Network-based and Cluster Computing Network Server Architectures
* Reliability and Fault-Tolerance
* Performance Analysis
* High-Speed Networking Architectures and Protocols
* Routing
* Quality of Service  (QoS)
* Network Modeling
* Traffic Engineering and Characterization
* Congestion and/or Flow Control
* High-performance Transport Protocols
* Network Management
* Hierarchical Networks

Original papers from the above-mentioned or other related areas will be
considered.  This includes three categories of submissions: 1) original
and unpublished research;  2) reports of innovative computing applications
in the arts, sciences, engineering, business, government, education and
industry; and 3) reports of successful technology transfer to new problem
domains. Each submitted paper will be fully refereed and undergo a blind
review process by at least three referees.  Accepted papers in all
categories will be published in the ACM SAC'03 proceedings.

Submit your paper electronically to www.cslab.ece.ntua.gr/sac03-pdsn in
PDF or postscript (see the track web page for details). The author(s)
name(s) and address(es) must not appear in the body of the paper, and
self-reference should be in the third person.  This is to facilitate blind
review.  Because the review process is blind, authors' names and
affiliations should appear only on the electronic submission form. The
final version (camera-ready) of the accepted papers should be submitted in
PDF format so that they can be included in the proceedings as well as in
the ACM Digital Library.

Important Dates
Paper Due:				September 6, 2002
Author Notification:			October 18, 2002
Camera-Ready Paper Due:			November 8, 2002

Track Program Chairs

Robert van Engelen, Florida State University, USA
Turgay Korkmaz, The University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
Nectarios Koziris, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Kleanthis Psarris, The University of Texas at San Antonio, USA