Subject: Fwd: Re: Revisiting - Re: Now: Next Generation Domains and DNS -- Was: Re: No More Central Authority: Not NSI/ICANN! Not ORSC!

From: Einar Stefferud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:01:17 -0700

Is everyone receiving 4 copies of each of my messages, all from the 
IETF listserver, like this one included with all the headers?

I note that I only addressed one copy to [email-masked], and the 
listserve sent 4 copies back to me, all identical.

Einar Stefferud	8:18 PM 8/6/02	Re: Revisiting - Re: Now: Next 
Generation Domains and
Einar Stefferud	8:18 PM 8/6/02	Re: Revisiting - Re: Now: Next 
Generation Domains and
Einar Stefferud	8:18 PM 8/6/02	Re: Revisiting - Re: Now: Next 
Generation Domains and
Einar Stefferud	8:18 PM 8/6/02	Re: Revisiting - Re: Now: Next 
Generation Domains and

I am getting reports from other IETF list subscribers that report the 
same result.

All 4 copies have the same received date stamp from the IETF 
Listserver following the:

X-Authentication-Warning: ietf.org: majordom set sender to 
[email-masked] using -f
Received: from ns1.vrx.net (vrx.net [216.13.126.22])
	by ietf.org (8.9.1a/8.9.1a) with ESMTP id XAA09774
	for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Aug 2002 23:18:39 -0400 (EDT)

So, it seems clear that IETF listserver only received one copy, but 
then forwarded 4 copies to the list.  That is, I got 4 copies and two 
other people tell me they got 4 copies.

I have been seeing this sort of thing often on for some time now.

My mail to the list also seems to be delayed for some reason from time to time.
But my main concern is with all this duplication.  From time to time, 
it seems to happen to other contributors as well.

Perhaps someone who understands about these things might fix the 
listserve, or get a new one, or something.

The only difference I see is a unique X-UIDL in each copy (except for 
all the Received headers inserted after leaving the IETF Listserve, 
obviously.):
X-UIDL: fHn!!iNI"!H?N!!:%$#!
X-UIDL: @AY!!+Mb"!k@E"!e1j!!;
X-UIDL: #`~!!44M"!,o~"!T8U!!
X-UIDL: fHn!!iNI"!H?N!!:%$#!

So, clearly he IETF listserve is lost in the weeds somewhere;-)...
I trust someone will be fixing it soon.

Cheers...\Stef

Here are the headers of one of the messages.

>Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
>Delivered-To: [email-masked]
>Received: from loki.ietf.org (loki.ietf.org [132.151.1.177])
>	by ns1.vrx.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 29749D20F
>	for <[email-masked]>; Wed,  7 Aug 2002 10:54:12 -0400 (EDT)
>Received: (from adm@localhost)
>	by loki.ietf.org (8.9.1b+Sun/8.9.1) id KAA00185
>	for [email-masked]; Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:49:40 
>-0400 (EDT)
>Received: from ietf.org (odin.ietf.org [10.27.2.28])
>	by loki.ietf.org (8.9.1b+Sun/8.9.1) with ESMTP id KAA00061
>	for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:36:42 -0400 (EDT)
>Received: by ietf.org (8.9.1a/8.9.1a) id KAA20660
>	for [email-masked]; Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:35:29 -0400 (EDT)
>X-Authentication-Warning: ietf.org: majordom set sender to 
>[email-masked] using -f
>Received: from ns1.vrx.net (vrx.net [216.13.126.22])
>	by ietf.org (8.9.1a/8.9.1a) with ESMTP id XAA09774
>	for <[email-masked]>; Tue, 6 Aug 2002 23:18:39 -0400 (EDT)
>Received: from [192.168.1.14] 
>(lsanca1-ar19-4-46-113-230.lsanca1.dsl-verizon.net [4.46.113.230])
>	by ns1.vrx.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3FE6FD205
>	for <[email-masked]>; Tue,  6 Aug 2002 23:19:15 -0400 (EDT)
>Mime-Version: 1.0
>X-Sender: [email-masked]
>Message-Id: <v04220813b976175991cc@[192.168.1.14]>
>In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
>References: <[email-masked]>
>  <[email-masked]>
>Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 20:18:54 -0700
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Einar Stefferud <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: Revisiting - Re: Now: Next Generation Domains and DNS -- Was:
>  Re: No More Central Authority: Not NSI/ICANN! Not ORSC!
>Content-Type: multipart/alternative; 
>boundary="============_-1183432154==_ma============"
>Sender: [email-masked]
>Precedence: bulk
>X-Loop: [email-masked]
>X-UIDL: fHn!!iNI"!H?N!!:%$#!