Subject: Memory Problem

From: "Chandani, Chirag" <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Mar 2003 11:33:39 -0000

I want to allocate about 600K of memory in a C Program where i 
load a .Bmp image but Malloc() doesnt allow allocation of more 
than 64 K
Is there some way out
plz help
regards
_______________________________________________________________________
Odomos - the only  mosquito protection outside 4 walls -
Click here to know more!
http://r.rediff.com/r?http://clients.rediff.com/odomos/Odomos.htm&&odomos&&wn

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:00:21 -0500

> load a .Bmp image but Malloc() doesnt allow allocation of more 

1) Ask on an intro-to-C mailing list.

2) Learn to give relevant information - are you using some Microsoft software,
or are you compiling on a BSD 2.11 system on a PDP-11?  What error does malloc()
return?  What option(s) did you compile with? etc etc?

3) There's a better-than-even chance that you're compiling on some broken
system where you have to jump through hoops to get rational memory management.
If so, your only long-term real hope is to use software that actually works.
-- 
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Computer Systems Senior Engineer
				Virginia Tech