Subject: RE: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:14:14 -0800

Fred / Stephen,

>>> Michel Py wrote:
>>> - Customers that are stupid enough...

>> Fred Baker wrote:
>> Someone else's stupidity is not my problem.

> Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> As a vendor, every customer problem is your problem.
> Go visit some Fortune 500 customers and ask:
> Are you aware you won't be able to get portable IPv6 addresses?
> How would you like to renumber your entire network every year?
> How would you like us to sell you IPv6 NATs so you'll never have to
> renumber again?

Agree with Stephen (I think I'm going to create a startup that sells
IPv6 NAT boxes soon; I will do like Linksys and allow Cisco to buy me
for big bucks in a few years; who's in?),

I will add something: even as a non-vendor company, every customer
problem is your problem. If you renumber your network and customers
can't send orders in anymore because their banana eaters don't know how
to reconfigure an access-list on their end to allow their system to talk
to your new IP, it's _your_ problem. And BTW most firewalls and
access-list still work with IP and not FQDNs. This is besides the point
anyway; no matter how stupid the customer is the customer is king.

If Cisco was not big enough to have a global prefix in the routing table
no matter what and you had to renumber your 60K subnets if you switched
ISPs you would be singing another song.

Michel.

---

From: shogunx <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:40:46 -0400 (EDT)

Michel

> anyway; no matter how stupid the customer is the customer is king.
does that mean if i'm smart enough to not have any customers, stupid or
otherwise, that I am king?

Scott

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
world tour 2002-3
live from los angeles
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx