Subject: IETF56 Network Status - 2003-03-16 21:30

From: Brett Thorson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 00:32:13 -0500

Ladies and Gentlemen of the IETF.  I wanted to take this time to thank you for 
your patience and assistance with the IETF56 network.

Right now we seem to have a stable network.  Our earlier problems with DHCP 
and DNS have been resolved.  We have tried to balance out the Access Points 
in the public areas.  With many thanks to Greg Shepherd, multicast 
availability has been greatly improved.  Please bear in mind that multicast 
is available in the hotel only over the wired connections in the terminal 
room.

At this point in time the only known issue concerns suboptimal IPv6 routing.  
We are actively working on this issue and hope to resolve this shortly.  If 
anyone has a local tunnel they would like to let us use, we would be glad to 
entertain your offer.

If you discover any issues please let us know by posting a message to 
[email-masked]

I would like to take this time to thank (for the first of many times) the NOC 
staff.  These ladies and gentlemen have been working miracles and wonders to 
bring this network together.

--Brett Thorson
  Foretec Seminars / IETF