Subject: Request to mailing list Asrg rejected (fwd)

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:00:23 +0000 (GMT)

"Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list."?

Hmmm. That's a bit of a blanket denial, considering I was technically
on-topic.

L.

hands up, anyone who is subscribed to _every_ IETF list.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 08:27:35 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Request to mailing list Asrg rejected

Your request to the Asrg mailing list

    Posting of your message titled "Re: [Asrg] SHEESH!"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
following reason for rejecting your request:

"Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list."

Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
at:

    [email-masked]

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:18:30 +0000 (GMT)

> hands up, anyone who is subscribed to _every_ IETF list.

ah, so asrg is really a misnamed irtf list.

which prompts the questions: "Why isn't the list set up to appear to
be run from the irtf.org vanity domain, where different policies are
obviously expected? Because the people concerned with formulating
anti-spam policies who set up this list really appreciate the impact
of clear expression of policy, right?"

[email-masked]?
Not [email-masked]?

L.

you could have put up http://www.ietf.org/irtf/ and saved yourself
some registration money.