Subject: Re: [RETRANSMIT] Re: Radical Surgery proposal: stop doingreverse for IPv6. (fwd)

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:59:36 -0500 (EST)

This message from Randy Bush to DNSOP is hugely inappropriate.  In it, not
only does he use inappropriate language, but he makes clear his prejudices
against persons subject to administrative control.  Especially, given his
inappropriate treatment of myself and Dan Bernstein in his role as
administrator of Namedroppers.

I (and others, I think) respectfully ask for Randy Bush to be removed as
administrator of DNS mailing lists.

Dean Anderson

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:47:41 -0800
From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
To: Brad Knowles <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [RETRANSMIT] Re: Radical Surgery proposal: stop  doingreverse
    for IPv6.

>>  brad and dean, could you two please take your silliness elsewhere.  it has
>>  become a DoS to the rest of the people and work here.
>
> 	In his role as WG chair, Rob privately asked us to agree to
> disagree.  I was willing to do that if Dean was.  However, Dean chose
> to make his reply on this subject (that he refused to agree to
> disagree) on the public mailing list.
>
>
> 	I continue to be willing to agree to disagree, and to let this
> discussion drop, but only if others do the same.
>
> 	Otherwsie, I'm not about to let Dean, Kevin, or other
> destructionists have the last word on this subject.

i will send you each a bona fide "You Are Right" certificate if you
will both shut the hell up.  you are one message from my .procmailrc.
dean is a long-time entry.

randy

#----------------------------------------------------------------------
# To unsubscribe, send a message to <[email-masked]>.

---

From: Jaap Akkerhuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:22:43 +0100

This message from Randy Bush to DNSOP is hugely inappropriate.
    
    It isn't. He just mentions:
    
    (r) i will send you each a bona fide "You Are Right" certificate if you
    (r) will both shut the hell up.  you are one message from my .procmailrc.
--> (r) dean is a long-time entry.

He means, a long time entry in the .procmail for himself, not for the list.
    
	jaap

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:40:12 -0500 (EST)

There has been repeated evidence that his "personal" procmail list or his
behavior inappropriately affects the mailing lists he administers.

Further, it is inappropriate for administrators to use foul language and
express personal attacks. They are supposed to set an example, and
discourage others from doing this, not do it themselves.

If the administrators aren't civil, then how can one expect anyone else to
be civil?  And without civility, rational discussions can't be held.

Complaints about Bush's behavior are chronic. The IETF has adjusted the
administrations policies as a result of complaints about Bush. Those
adjustments have not obviously been enough to change his behavior.

		--Dean

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:00:21 +0000 (GMT)

> He means, a long time entry in the .procmail for himself, not for the list.

I don't think Randy's capable of telling the difference.

L.

has previously observed that bush doesn't understand admin/policy
separation at all, while bernstein understands it all too well.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><[email-masked]>

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:43:07 -0500

Randy doesn't administer the DNSOP WG mailing list, and never has, as
far as I know.

I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm getting a little tired of the
nonterminating reenactments of the spirit of 1692.

---

From: George Michaelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:45:17 +1000

Dean, please can you change the subject line. If you are going to complain to
the IETF about process, I have absolutely no desire to be brought into it, and
it certainly isn't part of anything I conciously wanted to initiate in my
posting. 

cheers

	-George