Subject: Transport Service at Intermediary (intersec) BOF

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 05:56:01 -0800

We have added a mailing list for this BOF and updated
the agenda.  

Transport Service at Intermediary BOF (intersec)

Friday, March 21 at 0900-1130
==============================

CHAIR:  Allison Mankin, [email-masked]

Mailing list:
[email-masked]
To subscribe - [email-masked]
Archive - http://psg.com/lists/intersec

Description

This BOF begins with the observation that there are some circumstances
in which systems overall can benefit if the end-system knows about a
transport service intermediary and sets out information for it, such
as TCP or QoS classifier information.  In particular, more secure
services may be possible.

The BOF will discuss requirements for a possible protocol in this
space and explore how IETF might work with these.

Proposed Agenda

Introduction, Chair
Requirements, Thomas Woo, [email-masked]
Differentiating from OPES, Markus Hofmann, [email-masked]
Architectural Discussion, TBD
Security Discussion, Steve Bellovin
Discussion: how should IETF work with these requirements?

Required for the discussion is to read 
draft-faynberg-intermediary-transport-00.txt