Subject: draft-morris-policy-considerations-00.txt

From: John Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:59:50 -0400

Thanks to those who responded off list to my solicitation of feedback 
on this I-D a couple of weeks ago.  This draft suggests public policy 
considerations that the IETF should consider in making design 
decisions.  The draft would really benefit from broad input.  The 
abstract and link are below.

I would like to discuss the draft with anyone interested who might be 
in Vienna next week.  Just to give a target time and place, I plan to 
grab some coffee/pastry/fruit and meet in Hall GH on the Blue Level 
from 8:00 to 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, July 16, and I invite anyone who 
wants to discuss this draft to stop by.  If you know you plan to 
come, let me know off list (in case there is a groundswell to change 
the time or place).  I'd also be happy to talk about this in a more 
bar oriented "bar bof" some evening.

John

>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
>directories.
>
>	Title		: Public Policy Considerations for Internet Design
>                           Decisions
>	Author(s)	: J. Morris, A. Davidson
>	Filename	: draft-morris-policy-considerations-00.txt
>	Pages		: 21
>	Date		: 2003-6-24
>
>This document suggests public policy questions that the IETF should
>consider and possibly address when developing new standards and
>protocols, and modifying or enhancing old standards and protocols. 
>This document contains questions to be considered, as opposed to
>guidelines or rules that should in all cases be followed.  This first
>draft provides a framework for identifying and discussing questions
>of public policy concern, and invites members of the IETF community
>to contribute to the questions and discussions raised here.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-morris-policy-considerations-00.txt