Subject: Re: Last Call: Routing Extensions in Support of Generalized MPLS vto Proposed Standard

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 05:06:42 -0700 (PDT)

Betts, Brungard, Dotaro, Grammel, Kompella, Papadimitriou, Prattico,
Sadler, Vigoureux and Zinin got together to iron out the last few
issues in the document "Routing Extensions in Support of GMPLS".

In the interests of progressing this document in a timely fashion,
we examined these issues from two points of view:
a) is the current document set fundamentally broken, and if not, what
   caveats should be stated?
b) how do we move forward and address these issues, whether in the
   current doc set or in the future?

The consensus we reached for (a) is that the current doc set is okay in a
single layer network, but it doesn't capture inter-layer relationships.
So, we will state that in draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-routing-06.txt, and
then progress it.

As for (b), this will be one of the charter items for the ASON Routing
Reqts DT.  They will be chartered to state clearly what the requirements
are, what relations should be captured in a technology/layer independent
document, and what should be part of the layer-dependent documents.
These will then be addressed in future documents.

Many thanks to all who took part for getting together on such short
notice, and for the courteous and productive discussion!

Kireeti.