Subject: draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:31:26 +0900

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], Ned Freed <[email-masked]>,
    Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Subject: draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement
X-Template-Reply-To: [email-masked]
X-Template-Return-Receipt-To: [email-masked]
X-PGP-Fingerprint: F8 24 B4 2C 8C 98 57 FD  90 5F B4 60 79 54 16 E2
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:31:26 +0900
Sender: [email-masked]

	a couple of IETFs ago, it was suggested at the ngtrans wg meeting
	that the document draft-ietf-ngtrans-ipv6-smtp-requirement-xx "should
	be handed to SMTP experts in application area".  since then, there
	has been no actions taken.  the fact is, there is no active working
	group for SMTP and email-related activities.  also ngtrans wg is
	concluded.  therefore, the document is in "zombie" state.

	I still want the document (or the contents of it) be published, as
	it contains critical guidelines for IPv6/v4 dual stack SMTP operation.
	I would like to ask IESG to decide and take appropriate actions,
	such as:
	- poke SMTP experts, let them work on the topic and produce an RFC
	- let me handle the document as an individual submission and publish
	  it as an RFC

	thanks.

itojun

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:44:51 -0400

Hi,

--On Wednesday, July 9, 2003 5:31 PM +0900 Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

| 	I still want the document (or the contents of it) be published, as
| 	it contains critical guidelines for IPv6/v4 dual stack SMTP operation.
| 	I would like to ask IESG to decide and take appropriate actions,
| 	such as:
| 	- poke SMTP experts, let them work on the topic and produce an RFC
| 	- let me handle the document as an individual submission and publish
| 	  it as an RFC

The ietf-smtp mailing list is still active. Consider posting and discussing 
this document there:

<mailto:[email-masked]>

List-Archive: <http://www.imc.org/ietf-smtp/mail-archive/>
List-ID: <ietf-smtp.imc.org>
List-Subscribe: <mailto:[email-masked]?body=subscribe>

-- 
Cyrus Daboo