Subject: RE: Critique vs Criticism - Plenary comments

From: Soliman Hesham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:05:38 -0400

> I think what some people missed was the ability to buy food 
 > or coffee between 
 > the afternoon and evening session.  I don't quite understand 
 > why the bar that
 > served food and drink and lunchtime was shut in the evening 
 > break.   But
 > that encouraged exploration :)  With the U1 line you had 
 > time to get to a
 > restaurant and back in the break.   But for the "all in one" 
 > people who like
 > the SFO or Minneapolis style hotel it's less well suited.

=> You're being very kind to Minneapolis to compare it with
Vienna ! The fact that some people prefer that to Vienna
shocks me, but anyway, I guess they'll enjoy the next meeting.
Have we finished complaining about one of the most
beautiful cities in the world yet (because it didn't
have enough power plugs....sigh)?

Hesham

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Jul 2003 12:42:36 -0700

> have enough power plugs....sigh)?

I think what's going on here is that there is a disconect between
two groups of people: people who think of the IETF as a combination
work/vacation opportunity and people who think of the IETF as
purely for work. If you're part of the former group, the general
attractiveness of the venue makes a difference. If the second,
all that matters is that things be convenience.

Myself, I'm part of the second group. I flew in on Sunday and out
on Friday and was in meetings almost the whole time, so whether
Vienna is beautiful or not is basically irrelevant to me.

-Ekr

-- 
[Eric Rescorla                                   [email-masked]]
                http://www.rtfm.com/