Subject: IETF59 Wireless Issue (Update)

From: Woohyong Choi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:20:30 +0900

This is an update from the IETF59 NOC on the wireless problem in
the Crystal ball room. 

We're still investigating what exactly caused the wireless
instability. Findings so far are that some of the clients were
flapping between APs, some of the clients were failing to
associate with a specific AP, and there also was an AP which was
running low on memory.

We have re-arranged power levels of all APs and it seems wireless
in Crystal has stabilized.

If you have problems in using wireless in Crystal, or you find an
ad-hoc node in your meeting room, please contact NOC at
[email-masked].

Regards,
Woohyong Choi, on behalf of IETF59 NOC team

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 11:53:13AM +0900, Woohyong Choi wrote:
>
> We have issues with wireless connectivity at the Crystall ball rooms.
> 59crew is working on the issue, and updates will be posted in reply
> to this email.
> 
> Also, it appears that ad-hoc nodes are starting to appear. Please make
> sure you DISABLE ad-hoc modes from your notebooks.
> 
> Please direct your mails to [email-masked] for any network
> related issues.
> 
> We apologize for your inconveniences.
> 
> Woohyong Choi, on behalf of IETF59 NOC team