Subject: Welcome to DRIS discussion list!

From: "wang liang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:56:25 +0800

Welcome to DRIS discussion list!

After holding the BOF in 59th meeting, we will start the WG application
process. As the advice of APPS, we still should found more people to join
its discussion  list. DRIS is a large system, without enough people, the new
WG may not meet its milestone. If you are interested in this topic,
sincerely wish your could join its discussion.

 As the agenda of IIRI (http://www.ietf.org/ietf/04mar/iiri.txt), This new
WG will cover the Internet search engine, Digital Library, Information GRID,
etc. Any related topic could be discussed in this list. We all have a common
goal: a usable Internet information infrastructure.

Although it's the first time that IETF organized the formal discuss for
Internet information retrieval problem, there has been many sporadic
discussion for it in other place like IRTF.  Now search engine has become
the hottest topic since 2003. Some disadvantages in current search engine
attracted many experts to find the better solution. IETF may be the best
place to discuss the new Internet information retrieval system.

Mailing list: [email-masked]
subscribe: [email-masked], to subscribe,send a message with title
"subscribe"
new site: http://dris.hust.edu.cn

Regards
Wang Liang