Subject: The madness continues

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 07:24:17 -0600

I know I can't be the first person to get a 90-KB bounce message from
a Majordomo server, but I got my first one this morning.

It's the e-mail you get when someone forges e-mail as being from you,
with a virus-bearing attachment, so the Majordomo server processes
every string in the virus as a separate ("not a") command, and sends
you the result.

And I'm thinking "fixing the Majordomo server" is not the best
answer...

Spencer

---

From: Nathaniel Borenstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:01:32 -0500

> And I'm thinking "fixing the Majordomo server" is not the best

If "best" means "fastest" then I suspect it does, alas.

---

From: "Robert G. Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:58:31 -0500 (EST)

> If "best" means "fastest" then I suspect it does, alas.

Although converting to mailman (which has so MANY desireable features
relative to majordomo) might be slower but faster in the long run.

Features such as online archives, browser-based user and administrative
interface, flow control (e.g. digest mode)...

Just a thought.

   rgb

-- 
Robert G. Brown	                       http://www.phy.duke.edu/~rgb/
Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:[email-masked]