Subject: IANA and RFC office hours

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:46:20 -0500

It seems that IETF 60 represents the first time that representatives of
the IANA and the RFC Editor have held in-person "office hours" during an
IETF meeting.  I for one found that this enabled me to:

1. Follow up on outstanding issues
2. Inquire about the status of documents in the RFC Editor queue
3. Gain insight into the processes of the IANA and the RFC Editor
4. Determine how I as a document editor can provide information to 
   the IANA and RFC Editor in the most useful manner
5. Get to know IANA and RFC Editor folks in a more personal way

I feel that all of these will make my interactions with the IANA and
the RFC Editor more productive and more enjoyable for all concerned,
and I strongly encourage the relevant organizations to continue the
practice of IANA and RFC Editor office hours at future IETF meetings.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
Jabber Software Foundation
http://www.jabber.org/people/stpeter.php

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf