Subject: RE: List of standards

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:41:49 -0700

> >> Why is the list of internet standards so hard to find?
> >> It seems to me this list deserves top ranking on the first page at
> >> www.ietf.org
> 
> > It deserves top ranking on search engines;
> 
> So are you saying that we should put our trust into the undisclosed
> algorithms that try to recover relevance from random documents
> throughout the web for profit rather than the person managing the IETF
> website?

We don't have to specifically trust the search engines, but we could
probably go a long way if each member of the IETF added a link in their
personal web page. Can we agree on which URL to point to?

-- Christian Huitema

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:01:37 -0700

> I dunno. I tend to look for the most recent one in
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc-index.txt. The most recent one I find is
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3700.txt.

If I had to provide a pointer, I would probably use:
	http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html
It is better organized and it provides more information than 
	http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html
I would actually like to point to the IETF site for Internet Standards.
The IETF RFC page would be my first choice if it included a bit more
text to explain what an RFC is, and a pointer to the list of standards
maintains by the RFC editor. 

-- Christian Huitema