Subject: Where to discuss a draft?

From: Luis Oliveira <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:07:29 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is not the correct mailing list to ask this, but I
couldn't find any information about this in IETF's site.

I wanted to discuss some ideas about [1]draft-brocklesby-irc-isupport-03
(the "IRC RPL_ISUPPORT Numeric Definition) and I'm not sure where to go.
The draft mentions "Network Working Group" but I couldn't find any such
thing in the [2]Active IETF Working Groups list. 

I tried to contact the author by e-mail a few weeks (maybe months) ago
and I haven't received any reply.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

[1] - http://www.irc.org/tech_docs/draft-brocklesby-irc-isupport-03.txt
[2] - http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/wg-dir.html

-- 
Luís Oliveira                                        Lisp is the red pill.
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/           -- John Fraser, comp.lang.lisp 
Equipa Portuguesa do Translation Project
http://www2.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/po/registry.cgi?team=pt

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:16:34 +0200

Luis,

the IRC protocol is not an IETF effort - it has been published as RFC, but 
is being maintained by the IRC community, not by the IETF.

I would recommend contacting Christophe Kalt, author of RFC 2810 and 
friends (the latest IRC specification), and ask for an appropriate venue.

                          Harald

--On torsdag, september 09, 2004 19:07:29 +0000 Luis Oliveira 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/           -- John Fraser,
> comp.lang.lisp  Equipa Portuguesa do Translation Project