Subject: Please help us revise of Tao of the IETF

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:00:38 -0700

Greetings. Susan Harris and I have begun another round of work on 
"The Tao of the IETF", RFC 3160. The new version is at 
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-taobis-00.txt>.

We would like to get comments and suggestions on how to make this 
document as useful as possible for newcomers to the IETF. We are 
particularly interested in hearing from people for whom the recent 
San Diego meeting was the first IETF meeting they had attended. If 
you are in that group, please look through the Internet Draft and let 
us know what is missing that would have helped you with your 
experience.

Thanks in advance!

Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Susan Harris <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Thomas Gal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:51:59 -0700

Yeah....I blew it.....trying to do two things at once. I meant it in the
context of my comment earlier today:

"Exopounding on your last thought. I think it is very important that we come
up with a central portal for this network of organizations that can provide
a roadmap and point lay persons in the right direction. Even a unified
search engine which comvers all of the sites would be useful. I think the
reason the technical aspects were focused on (and I think a lot of IT issues
even more so) is that it would be nice to know that in any situation the
information you are getting is authoritative and complete. in regards to
having a central portal with common search and other capabilities that" 

In reference to Carl's restructuring document.

-T 

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Evans [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 3:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Please help us revise of Tao of the IETF

Hi Thomas,

> I think a doc like this should certainly be prominently featured 
> somewhere, maybe even under the title, on our webpage.

For what it is worth, the current tao is quite prominently linked from the
"overview of the IETF" page, which in turn is the first link on the front
page.

Regards,
Rob