Subject: RE: Please help us revise of Tao of the IETF

From: "Thomas Gal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:31:50 -0700

I think a doc like this should certainly be prominently featured somewhere,
maybe even under the title, on our webpage. Whatever way anyone could come
up with to get someone to read background on the org before blindly
searching for an RFC or posting to a list would probably help A LOT of
people.

-T 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Paul
Hoffman / VPNC
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 11:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Susan Harris
Subject: Please help us revise of Tao of the IETF

Greetings. Susan Harris and I have begun another round of work on "The Tao
of the IETF", RFC 3160. The new version is at
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-taobis-00.txt>.

We would like to get comments and suggestions on how to make this document
as useful as possible for newcomers to the IETF. We are particularly
interested in hearing from people for whom the recent San Diego meeting was
the first IETF meeting they had attended. If you are in that group, please
look through the Internet Draft and let us know what is missing that would
have helped you with your experience.

Thanks in advance!

Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Susan Harris <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:01:46 +0200

--On tirsdag, september 07, 2004 14:31:50 -0700 Thomas Gal 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I think a doc like this should certainly be prominently featured
> somewhere, maybe even under the title, on our webpage. Whatever way
> anyone could come up with to get someone to read background on the org
> before blindly searching for an RFC or posting to a list would probably
> help A LOT of people.

actually it is one of our easier docs to find - there is a link to it in 
the page that is called "Overview of the IETF" - the first link on our 
front page...

                   Harald