Subject: RE: Explosive bolts [Re: Options for IETF administrativerestructuring]

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:22:19 +0100

Scott et al.,

Pete makes a good point.

In his scenario, not only the Administrative Czar would need explosive
bolts, but also the RFC Editor and Secretariat, etc.  That presumably
would mean restructuring the existing RFC Editor relationship ( which
works well ), as well as the Secretariat relationship ( which apparently
doesn't ).  It would *not* then be a - relatively simple - case of "make
the Secretariat relationship look like the current RFC Editor
relationship".

	Regards,

	Graham Travers

	International Standards Manager
	BT Group

	e-mail:   [email-masked]
	tel:      +44(0) 1359 235086
	mobile:   +44(0) 7808 502536
      HWB279, PO Box 200,London, N18 1ZF, UK

BT Group plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England and Wales no. 4190816 This electronic message
contains information from BT Group plc which may be privileged or
confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email
(to the numbers or address above) immediately. Activity and use of the
BT Group plc E-mail system is monitored to secure its effective
operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using
this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure
effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
scott bradner
Sent: 07 September 2004 15:35
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Explosive bolts [Re: Options for IETF
administrativerestructuring]

> For example, let's say that scenario A or B end up having an employee
> of ISOC whose title is "IETF Administrative Czar", and she has 5 
> employees working under her (an accountant, a lawyer, a secretary, 
> etc.).

note that the proposal on the table is to have just one employee who
manages the outsourced support services 

that is not the only model but that is what is in Carl's paper

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf