Subject: My opinion on administrative restructuring: Scenario O

From: "Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:23:07 +0300

Hello everybody,

though, I have been silent mostly throughout the discussion on the
mailing list (playing mostly catch up with all of you on the mailing
list), I do have an opinion.

First of all, I would like to state my respect for everybody writing
documents and doing the ground work for us being the state that we may
do some early conclusions based on the material. I think the work some
of you have been doing is impressive!

I would believe that in this point of time Scenario O would be the
starting point from which we should move forward. I understand that both
scenarios have pros and cons, but I think in Scenario O the pros outplay
the cons.

Mainly I believe the usage of existing, well known organizations make
the scenario O less risky. In addition IMHO, it allows us to move much
faster through the process. This means less work, and better results. 

However, I think there is still some work to be done before the proposal
is "good enough" for implementation. Especially, there has to be more
details how the plan is implemented in practice.

Cheers,

Jonne.

PS. Is there a reason why the scenarios O and C are not published as
Internet-Drafts? Or have I just missed it?
-- 
Jonne Soininen
Nokia

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf