Subject: Poll results (raw)

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:52:01 +0200

At 6:45 Thursday, US ET, the following numbers were available:

162 responses.
 	
Do you have an opinion on the choice between Scenario O and Scenario C?	

Yes	 114 (73 %) 	
No, I expect to state an opinion later	 22 (14 %) 	
No, I do not wish to state an opinion	 20 (12 %) 	

I prefer Scenario C	 22 (18 %) 	
I prefer Scenario O	 95 (81 %)

Obvious results:

- The 162 answers represent an unknown portion of the IETF list readers 
(there are around 2000 subscribers, but we have no idea how many of these 
are dead accounts (reducing the number), or how many are redistribution 
lists (increasing the number)).

- Most of the people replying to the poll have formed an opinion

- Most of the respondents who have formed an opinion prefer Scenario O

Subject to the usual caveats - assuming that no bugs seriously impacted the 
poll, that nobody was deliberately trying to skew the numbers, that the 
questions were uniformly understood, and so on.

It's an indication, anyhow.

Thank you, all who responded!

                           Harald

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf