Subject: Request for comments on "information currency" Internet-draft

From: "J. Patrick Bedell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:55:12 -0600 (CST)

Hello,
 	I'm sending this email to request comments on an individual 
Internet-draft that I have recently published, available at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jpbedell-information-currency-00.txt. 
The Internet-draft describes the first steps toward the creation of new 
instruments of economic scarcity, based solely on information and the 
operation of information systems, which I am calling "information 
currency".  It is my belief that information currency will have broad 
applications in information systems security and in the coordination of a 
wide range of scientific and technical research and development 
activities, but there is an enormous amount of work to be done before that 
comes about. :)
   	I am hoping to advance this work through the IETF, in conjunction 
with the ICWS project at http://infoeng.sf.net, and I would appreciate any 
feedback or suggestions you might provide.  Thanks in advance for your 
help!

 	J. Patrick Bedell
 	[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 18:41:32 -0500

I think your draft could benefit significantly from some example usage
sections describing how this currency can be used in practice today.
If it can't yet be used then I'd describe the minimal set of missing
features and describe how a system with those features could be used.

I found the descriptions of protocol operations and formats reasonably
clear, but I was unable to see how this all fit together.