Subject: Re: Last Call: 'Domain Name System (DNS) Case Insensitivity Clarification' to ProposedStandard

From: Bruce Lilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:27:29 -0500

>  Date: 2005-02-02 15:15
>  From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>

> Because some incompatible changes were made in the ASCII
> definition in the early 70s that would have fouled up the
> "network virtual terminal" character set.

OK, but I doubt that that would affect the case-insensitivity
issue that is the subject of the draft.  In any event, on
reviewing the one citation in the text to that reference, I
see that it's a chronological reference rather than substantive.
The first DNS RFCs were RFCs 881-883, ca. 1983, so it's a bit
misleading to point to a document which was at that time a
decade and a half old, and by which time changes made in the
early 70's were a decade old.  Not a big issue in any event.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf