Subject: Status of streaming for IETF 62

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 17:11:25 -0800 (PST)

IETF 62 inagurates a new streaming effort. Instead of covering only two 
rooms it is our intention to cover all eight. Instead of multicast video 
delivery, unicast audio-only. It is our hope that this new effort will 
provide more useful timely and accessible access to the proceedings of the 
IETF as they happen. An internet draft decribing what the effort is 
intended to do, and the efforts up to this point is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaeggli-ietftv-ng-00.txt

Streams are delivered as 64Kb/s unicast-http-streamed mp3 audio, a popular 
and relativly standard way to deliver internet radio. Most platforms 
should have a client immediatly available (windows media player, 
quicktime, real, winamp, vlc, mplayer, zinf etc) caple of playing back the 
stream.

Information on getting access to the streams will be available from the 
webpage located at:

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf62.html

before streaming begins March 7 2005.

Regards
Joel Jaeggli

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       [email-masked] 
GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf