Subject: Re: IDN security violation? Please comment

From: "John Loughney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 19:55:02 +0200

SMS's for some languages are indeed in unicode, often one message is sent in a multipart message - i.e. - in more than one message. Even in various Nordic languages that have strange things like ä, ö, å ... SMS's are sent in unicode.

Some cell phones sport pen input, but also support Asian text input via a stroke system via the normal digit keypad.

John

------------------- Original message -------------------
Subject: Re: IDN security violation? Please comment
From: "Harald Tveit Alvestrand" <[email-masked]>
Time: 02/10/2005 10:21 pm

--On torsdag, februar 10, 2005 10:49:50 -0500 Bruce Lilly 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> 1. I have in mind a keyboard on a certain device which has
>    support for protocols which use domain names (HTTP, SMTP/
>    Internet Message Format, VPIM).  It has a keyboard which
>    is at best inconvenient for entry of ASCII text. Unicode
>    "text" (see below for an explanation of the scare quotes)
>    is unthinkable.  That device is a cell phone.

Note that the SMS service is popular in Asia too - and there, the 
characters sent are definitely not ASCII.

No, I have no idea how they type them - but they do.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf