Subject: Re: RFC Author Count and IPR

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:42:43 -0700 (PDT)

*> That means if you have unlisted authors who have contributed
  *> significant chunks of text, you still need to get their clearance to
  *> do anything interesting with that text.
  *> 

Who decides what constitutes a "significant chunk"? 

Bob Braden

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Vijay Devarapallli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:50:43 -0700

> Who decides what constitutes a "significant chunk"?

the primary author (there is always one person who maintains the
XML source) and the WG chairs?

Vijay

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:14:40 -0400

>>>>> "Vijay" == Vijay Devarapallli <[email-masked]> writes:

    Vijay> On 5/24/06, Bob Braden <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >> *> significant chunks of text, you still need to get their
    >> clearance to *> do anything interesting with that text.  *>
    >> 

    Vijay> the primary author (there is always one person who

No, a court in case of copyright suit.  Lazy evaluation is not lways
your friend.