Subject: RE: cApitalization

From: "Bob O'Hara \(boohara\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 09:07:04 -0700

Hear!  Hear!

I also suffer the indignity of having the system "correct" the spelling
of my last name by changing the capitalization.

 -Bob O'Hara (or O'hara as the registration system tells me is correct)
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Iljitsch van Beijnum [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:18 AM
To: IETF Discussion
Subject: cApitalization

A small annoyance, but annoying nonetheless:

At previous IETF meetings I had to suffer forced capitalization of my  
name so that "van Beijnum" became "Van Beijnum". Now it's even worse:  
"Van beijnum".

Can the IETF registration processing software please be instructed  
that IETF attendees are generally capable of applying and not  
applying the shift key as per their requirements and preferences?

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Bill Strahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 21:47:38 -0700

You think that is bad - try going by your legal Middle Name.

Do you know how many systems require a first name and a middle 
initial... Instead of the other way around

F. William "Bill" Strahm