Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-alt-formats-02.txt

From: "Ash, Gerald R \(Jerry\), ALABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 22:09:48 -0500

Hi All,

Please see the updated draft "Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in
Addition to ASCII Text" at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-alt-formats-02.txt, .pdf
version available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-alt-formats-02.pdf.

The draft describes an RFC 3933 Process Experiment allowing normative
PDF output be trialed for RFCs and I-Ds.  As discussed in Section 3,
documents in the Routing Area Working Group ([U-TURN]) and Network Time
Protocol Working Group ([NTP-ALGORITHM]) will be progressed through IESG
review and RFC Editor review in PDF format and also in ASCII format.
The ASCII format version may be limited to text only and not include
figures, diagrams, or equations.  The method to progress the PDF format
version is as specified in RFC2223bis
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rfc-editor-rfc2223bis-08.txt: 

"When the .pdf version is submitted with the .txt version, the RFC
Editor will first edit the .txt version.  The final form of the .txt
version (or, when feasible, the diffs) will be returned to the author.
The author must then update the .pdf files to match, as closely as
possible, the content and format of the ASCII .txt file. When the RFC
Editor agrees that the .pdf version is acceptable, it is published
simultaneously with the .txt version."

The IESG (shepherded by Bill Fenner, Routing AD) has agreed to proceed
with the experiment.  

Please let us know of any comments or suggestions on the updated draft.

Thanks,
Jerry, Stewart, Yaakov 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-alt-formats-02.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in
Addition to ASCII Text
	Author(s)	: J. Ash, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ash-alt-formats-02.txt,.pdf
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2006-5-25
	
Following RFC 3933, the authors propose an experiment allowing, in
   addition to ASCII text as a normative input/output format, PDF as an
   additional normative output format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-alt-formats-02.txt

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf