Subject: How widely have the Seamoby CARD and CXTP protocols been deployed?

From: "Fleischman, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:09:10 -0700

In July of 2005, the IESG allowed the then-existing session mobility
(Seamoby) working group's Candidate Access Router Discovery (CARD; RFC
4066) and Context Router Protocol (CXTP; RFC 4067) to be published as
experimental RFCs with an associated warning, RFC 4065, informing
everyone that both protocols were experimental only and therefore may
never see widespread deployment.

The purpose of this email is to query whether or not these Seamoby
protocols have been deployed within production environments? If they
have, I would like to learn how widespread their deployment has been and
whether the infrastructures that have deployed them believe that this
approach remains promising or not? If not, then what were the problems
that were encountered? If so, then do they expect the use of this
protocol to grow in popularity over time or not? 

Thank you for your attention to this query.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf