Subject: regarding Editors and their 'recreating new ip'...

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 12:28:07 -0700

So someone submits something to the IETF for standardization that is
patented or that they intend to patent. But in the process of submitting the
work-product to the IETF for publication it is altered by the editor's both
in form and in functionality. Now, the patent examiner cant track the IETF's
instances and all work-related queries would have to be included in simple
office actions.

So,  is it the policy of the IETF to publicly put in place processes which
can impugn or make it impossible to patent IP that was standardized through
the IETF or in getting the standard to track the patent?

Just curious - It makes a difference

Todd

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:26:21 -0700

todd glassey wrote:
> in form and in functionality. 

Another variant involves the WG altering the idea in form,
functionality, and description.

Joe