Subject: Question about the folks providing the WG Mailing List services?

From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 10:04:19 -0700

I want to ask some questions about the 3rd parties who are providing the
IETF's WG's with their Mailing List services... (This posting is appropriate
to both lists since the Mailing List Archive represents a considerable
amount of the IETF IP that it claims it is controlling here in IPR). So...
about that IP and its management:

    1)    Are there contracts between the IETF and the Mailing List
providers with a SLA for their services?
    1a)    If so how was this setup; who reviews these contracts; and what
is in them?
    1b)    How is oversight for the list and its publications done?

    2)    What are the email and standards process retention records
    2a)    are there setup requirements for email??? - for example: reverse
address resolution as a basic authentication for submissions?

    3)    What constitutes those materials which are subject to Retention.

    4)    Is there a standard set of List Participation Rules for the IETF
and for specific lists?
    4a)    who is responsible for the Stakeholder Disclosure and how is it
accomplished and documented?

    5)    When participation in List Processes is changed by the IETF or the
List Provider
    5a)    who is responsible for the Stakeholder Disclosure and how is it
accomplished and documented?

Todd Glassey

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf