Subject: Novell IETF bag

From: Philip Matthews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:28:28 -0400

After four and a half years of solid use, one of the fasteners
on the strap of my Novell IETF bag (from IETF 52) has finally given out.
Since I am otherwise in love with this bag, I am trying to find a  
replacement strap.

Does anyone happen to know who manufactured this bag
and/or where one might find a replacement strap?

And is there an equivalent bag available for general purchase when my  
bag
finally bites the dust?

- Philip

PS. Kudos to the person at Novell responsible for giving out these bags
at IETF 52. I have never worked for Novell, but with such a solid and  
feature-rich
bag, I have no problems walking around  with a bag with "Novell"  
written all
over it.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 07:25:30 -0700 (PDT)

> bag finally bites the dust?

I would also like to know where to get an equivalent. I use mine every day and
sooner or later it is going to fall apart.

> feature-rich bag, I have no problems walking around  with a bag with "Novell"
> written all over it.

Yep, without doubt one of the best giveways we've ever had.

				Ned

---

From: Sandy Wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:48:06 -0400

Ned Freed wrote:
> I would also like to know where to get an equivalent. I use mine
> every day and sooner or later it is going to fall apart.
> 
>> PS. Kudos to the person at Novell responsible for giving out these
>> bags at IETF 52. I have never worked for Novell, but with such a
>> solid and feature-rich bag, I have no problems walking around  with
>> a bag with "Novell" written all over it.

I've never been to an IETF, but I spend my days wrangling assorted 
boxes, and I long for the good old days when file servers Just Worked 
(tm).  I'd love to be able to walk up to a balky WinDoze server with a 
Novell toybag.  I'd even be willing to pay for it.

-- 
Unable to locate coffee.
Operator halted.

---

From: "Tom.Petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:50:31 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ned Freed" <[email-masked]>
To: "Philip Matthews" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "IETF Discussion" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: Novell IETF bag

> Yep, without doubt one of the best giveways we've ever had.

Fascinating.  I too got a Novell bag and it was so bulky and heavy that I
considered leaving it in the hotel room.  I eventually managed to squeeze it
into my luggage without exceeding the weight limit and, once gotten home, left
it to gather dust - after all the hassle, I could not bring myself to throw it
away.  But since an ocean separates us, I don't think that my idle specimen can
be of much service to you.  Now were the IETF to meet in London, ....

Tom Petch