Subject: Re: IETF Chair tasks

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 15:27:47 -0400

> I'm not completely convinced that beer is the appropriate choice
> in Montreal

La Fin du Monde... or anything else by Unibroue.

Barry

--
Barry Leiba, Internet Messaging Technology  ([email-masked])
http://www.research.ibm.com/people/l/leiba
http://www.research.ibm.com/spam

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Lyndon Nerenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 19:59:04 -0700

> La Fin du Monde... or anything else by Unibroue.

Just don't try ordering a Molson Canadian :-P

--lyndon

P.S.  I agree with Barry's choice ;-)

---

From: Peter Dambier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 09:59:49 +0200

> Just don't try ordering a Molson Canadian :-P

You can try La Militante. Karin and me have never tasted it but
we have been told it is blue or makes you get a blue nose or
something.

Just to know, this is a parody of the Molson Song :)

http://www.neuvel.net/Audio%20files/iamnotcanadian.mp3

and somewhere here you might find the written text.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/1227125datingPostpage2.aspx

One thing we have found out the hard way, be careful with non french
speaking taxidrivers. If you are speaking french and they are speaking
french then you are lucky. They are really amiable.

But if you are speaking french and they are not - whe where given
economy lessens in indian (like Bombay, not red indian) how the
price is calculated. Take the price of the beer plus the time of the
day. Add canada tax. Add québec tax to the sum. Now calculate and add
the tip. Add the monthly rate for the taxi and add canada tax and
québec tax again ...

But nevertheless the hanglish speaking taxidriver was very polite too :)

Cheers
Peter and Karin

-- 
Peter and Karin Dambier
Cesidian Root - Radice Cesidiana
Graeffstrasse 14
D-64646 Heppenheim
+49(6252)671-788 (Telekom)
+49(179)108-3978 (O2 Genion)
+49(6252)750-308 (VoIP: sipgate.de)
mail: [email-masked]
mail: [email-masked]
http://iason.site.voila.fr/
https://sourceforge.net/projects/iason/

---

From: EKR <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 06:17:50 -0700

> P.S.  I agree with Barry's choice ;-)

I can vouch for Unibroue.

Other than that, I'm most familiar with Western Canada beers, but
Big Rock from Alberta is quite good.

-Ekr