Subject: RFC Editor RFP Announcement

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 19:18:28 -0400

The IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA), on behalf of the IETF 
and the IAB, announces this Request for Proposal for an RFC Editor.

The Internet Society (ISOC) is the contractor.

The RFC Editor performs the following functions in support of the 
"Request for Comment" (RFC) document series:
  1. Editorial management and publication of RFCs from the IETF community;
  2. Editorial management and publication of RFCs from Independent 
Submissions;
  3. Maintenance of archives, indices, errata and lists associated with 
RFCs;
  4. Communication of relevant RFC and processing information online; and
  5. Liaison with and training of IETF community.

The RFP in DOC and PDF format can be found at: www.ietf.org at the IASA 
link.

The initial contract term will be for two years, commencing on January 
1, 2007, with an option on the part of the parties for a renewal term of 
one year upon the same terms and conditions. The contract or contracts 
will be for a fixed price, except for certain services as noted therein.

IASA is willing to entertain bids for the entire RFC Editor set of 
services, as well as bids for discrete subsets of those services.

The closing date for submission of proposals is Friday, September 1, 
2006 not later than 5:00 P.M. EDT.  It ie expected that a contract or 
contracts will be completed by September 29, 2006.

The sole point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative 
Director (IAD), Ray Pelletier. All questions or inquiries must be 
submitted in writing and must be received no later than August 14, 
2006.  Questions or inquiries will be accepted by email at [email-masked].

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf