Subject: IETF/US General Election

From: "Michael C. StJohns" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:42:39 -0400

Just a reminder - (and apologies to our non-US participants)

For the first time ever (at least I can't remember another 
occurrence) the US bi-annual general elections will occur during an 
IETF week.  If you're a US citizen and planning on voting this cycle 
(and not from San Diego!), don't forget to submit a request for an 
absentee ballot before your state's deadline.

Mike

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Moskovitz, Ram Austryjak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:28:31 -0700

You can choose permanent absentee status and vote using paper
indefinitely.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael C. StJohns [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 2:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IETF/US General Election 

For the first time ever (at least I can't remember another
occurrence) the US bi-annual general elections will occur during an IETF
week.  If you're a US citizen and planning on voting this cycle (and not
from San Diego!), don't forget to submit a request for an absentee
ballot before your state's deadline.

Mike

---

From: Bill Strahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:18:17 -0700

Be careful offering legal advise.  I believe what you are proposing is a 
state issue.  For example in Oregon we ONLY have mail in ballots.  Other 
states will have varying degrees of absentee balloting - each with their 
own fun interpretations.

Bill

---

From: "Moskovitz, Ram Austryjak" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:15:32 -0700

> Be careful offering legal advise.

I wasn't offering legal advice but thanks for the warning; if I ever
mean to offer legal advice I will explicitly call it out as legal
advice. Generally I express my opinions, thoughts, and feelings and not
legal advice.

A few people have pointed out that absentee voting policies vary by
state and I believe it is true and further the fed has its own policies.
Thanks for the information.

ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Strahm [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 9:18 PM
To: Moskovitz, Ram Austryjak
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: IETF/US General Election

Bill