Subject: Re: Call for Nominations - NomCom06

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:43:04 -0400

Hi.

I was unable to find a text mode browser that can work with your
nomination pages to nominate candidates.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:21:55 -0700

Sam - sorry - we should have tested this.

Andrew -  my feeling is that we need to provide a solution to this  
soon. It's seems to me that just accepting email nominations would be  
one of the easiest ways to do it. For this nomcom could we switch to  
accepting either web or email nominations and in the future we can  
work with the tools team to make sure any web versions work well with  
text browsers? I imagine there will be similar issues with the rest  
of the web forms.

Cullen

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 00:28:06 +0200

Hi Cullen,

on 2006-10-20 21:21 Cullen Jennings said the following:
> one of the easiest ways to do it.

For the record, email nominations is already mentioned as a fallback
solution on the Nomcom front page (http://tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/06).

> For this nomcom could we switch to  
> text browsers?

I hope the text browser issue is resolved now -- I've tested w3m and
lynx.  Lynx won't work (can't handle the digest auth.) but w3m should
work fine now.

> I imagine there will be similar issues with the rest  
> of the web forms.

I've gone through them all, and they should be OK.  If there are
any further issues, I'll work to address them swiftly.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 00:22:51 +0200

Hi Sam,

> nomination pages to nominate candidates.

w3m should work now - I replaced the <button/> entity which it had
problems with.

Lynx doesn't do digest auth, so won't work -- if I'd checked that
earlier, I'd might have tried to go for SSL + basic auth instead.

Hope w3m will be Ok.

	Henrik

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:55:40 -0700

Wow - that was fast. Thanks.

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 21:45:38 -0500

Thanks for moving really quickly.

We really need to give Henrik and his herd a raise...

Spencer

From: "Cullen Jennings" <[email-masked]>

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:19:43 -0400

>>>>> "Henrik" == Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> writes:

    Henrik> Hi Sam, on 2006-10-20 19:43 Sam Hartman said the
    Henrik> following:
    >> I was unable to find a text mode browser that can work with
    >> your nomination pages to nominate candidates.

    Henrik> w3m should work now - I replaced the <button/> entity
    Henrik> which it had problems with.

Hi.

Thanks so much for the rapid response.

I really appreciate your help.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:38:11 +0200

Hi Sam,

> I really appreciate your help.

No problem.  Sorry it wasn't perfect the first time around.  But I
learn a little bit more about what works and doesn't work for various
browsers each time I get good feedback.

Regards,

	Henrik