Subject: Re: Draft ION about our rules in practice

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 13:51:37 -0400

Brian, I'm reviewing your document for approval.

I think there are a few places where you overstep the goal of
documenting practice and attempt to change RFC 2026.
In particular you say with regard to ASes:

   The community really doesn't have the habit of writing this sort of
   separate AS; it's rare, and very rare in WG charters. In fact, an AS
   of this style doesn't really fit in today's document taxonomy - it
   has more significance than an Informational document, but doesn't
   belong on the standards track because it can't be implemented and
   tested in itself.

I don't think you can say something as strong as ASes don't belong on
the standards track.
RFC 2026 disagrees with you; you quote this later in your document.
Instead, perhaps saying something like "The IETF has been reluctant to place an AS on the standards track."

The rest of the document looks great.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf