Subject: TLS-authz

From: "Benj. Mako Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:08:13 -0400

To whom it may concern,

Allowing the TLS-authz specification to advance as an "experimental" or
"informational" specification is a poor choice by the IETF. The IEFT has
taken a reasonable position on patents and standards in the past. To
compromise this position by creating new form of quasi-standards dilutes
the IETF's authority and weakens its principles.  Please reconsider this
action and reject the TLS-autz specification, in any form, until the
patent issues in question have been resolved.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,
Mako

-- 
Benjamin Mako Hill
[email-masked]
http://mako.cc/

Senior Researcher | MIT Sloan School of Management
Fellow | MIT Center for Future Civic Media
Advisor | One Laptop per Child Project
Member, Board of Directors | Free Software Foundation
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf