Subject: We oppose TLS-authz.

From: Jo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 15:10:34 +0100

Dear Sir/Madam.

"Much of the communication on the Internet happens between computers
according to standards that define common languages. If we are going to
live in a free world using free software, our software must be allowed
to speak these languages".

"Unfortunately, discussions about possible new standards are tempting
opportunities for people who would prefer to profit by extending
proprietary control over our communities. If someone holds a software
patent on a technique that a programmer has to use in order to implement
a standard, then no one is free to implement that standard without
getting permission from and paying the patent holder. If we are not
careful, standards can become major barriers to computer users having
and exercising their freedom".

"We depend on organisations like the Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF) and the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG) to evaluate
new proposals for standards and make sure that they are not encumbered
by patents or any other sort of restriction that would prevent free
software users and programmers from participating in the world they
define".

We and the "Free Software Foundation and the GNU Project" oppose
publication of draft-housley-tls-authz-extns as an experimental
standard.

You can see by the above "Quotes" that every poor and jobless person who
are very blessed by being allowed to use Gnu/Linux & Free Software, and
the ability to interact with other people all over the earth, and yet
there are "People/Company's" that want to take that God Given Right and
abuse the freedom for a Human being to be able to express His or Her
thoughts/feelings/laughter/dreams to other people who share a common
goal.

Will you please help us to stop this, "TLS-authz an experimental
standard"

Sincerely

Mrs Jo & Brian Hadley.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf