Subject: RFP: IESG I-D Tracker Pythin Conversion

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:09:47 -0400

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC) on behalf of the IETF 
announces this Request for Proposal for Software Development services.

The Internet Society (ISOC) is the contractor.

The project is to port an existing Perl-based application, the IESG I-D 
Tracker to Python with the Django framework.
The IAOC shall select from among those submitting proposals those which 
in its discretion it feels are the most qualified to perform the work.  
Those making the short list shall receive the code upon which to base 
its final proposal containing cost and timeline.  Bidders will then have 
7 days to submit their final proposal.

A read-only view of a subset of the information of the current IETF 
workflow application ("Existing Application") can be inspected at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/  The Application itself will be 
provided to those who are selected for the short list by the IAOC.

The Replacement Application must be conform to the following 
requirements.  Each Proposal must describe the technical features of the 
Replacement Application that will be used to implement the following 
requirements:
     1.    The Replacement Application should retain the same 
functionality, database structure and "look and feel" as the Existing 
Application to the greatest extent possible.  Any proposed reduction in 
functionality must be described in the Final Proposal.

2.    The Existing Application maintains metadata about a document, 
including a state machine and ballot positions from evaluators.  There 
is also an administrative interface, which allows the administrator to 
record ballot positions that are provided offline and maintain 
additional data.

3.    All actions on a document are logged in a comment log and emailed 
to a list of interested parties.  In addition, certain workflow actions 
cause a template email to be sent to a wider audience (e.g., IETF Last 
Call, or document approval messages).

4.    The Existing Application is currently implemented in ~6000 lines 
of perl, which will be provided for reference to those making the short 
list.  A read-only view is already implemented in Django, and it is 
expected that this view will be reused with edit options for items that 
the logged-in user is permitted to edit. Django models for many of the 
relevant database tables already exist, but may have to be augmented for 
this work.

5.    The code must be readable and have adequate comments.  Design 
documentation which enables later developers to understand and continue 
working with the delivered code must be provided.  All software will be 
delivered in source code, and executable forms if applicable.

Timeline

15 October RFP announced
19 October Questions due
26 October Proposals submitted

30 October Vendors on Short List notified
9 November Final Proposals submitted

The sole point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative 
Director (IAD). All questions or inquiries must be submitted in writing 
and must be received no later than midnight ET, October 19, 2007.  
Questions or inquiries will be accepted by email at 
[email-masked].  Responses to questions and inquiries shall be 
posted on the IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA) website, 
iaoc.ietf.org, no later than  October 23, 2007.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf