Subject: FIfF opposes making TLS-authz an experimental standard

From: Jakob Schröter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:26:54 +0200

The Forum Informatikerinnen und Informatiker fuer Frieden und 
gesellschaftliche Verantwortung e.V. (FIfF) (Forum Computer Professionals for 
Peace and Social Responsibility) opposes publication of 
draft-housley-tls-authz-extns as an experimental standard.

We believe that publication of patent-encumbered standards is unacceptable and 
we welcome the IETF's decision not to publish the draft on the standards 
track.

Patent-free standards are not only important for Free and Open-Source 
Software, but for the entire software industry.

We ask you to respect the consensus that has been reached and not to publish 
this draft at all.

The FIfF

The Forum Informatikerinnen und Informatiker fuer Frieden und 
gesellschaftliche Verantwortung e.V. (FIfF) is an association of computer 
professionals, educating the public about a wide range of IT-related issues.

Bremen, Germany
October 23, 2007

Jakob Schröter
on behalf of the FIfF Board

http://www.fiff.de

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf