Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-aboba-sg-experiment (Experiment in Study Group Formation within the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)) to Experimental RFC

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 13:44:41 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

The IAB has discussed the study group experiment proposed in draft- 
aboba-sg-experiment-02.txt.

The IAB does not oppose a scoped experiment.

However, As the IAB reviews BOFs and WG charters (see RFC 2850  
section 2.1) as part of its architectural oversight function, we  
believe that the IAB should also review SG charters.

We therefore recommend that such a statement be added to the document  
if there were consensus for the proposed experiment.

We also recommend that the evaluation criteria for success are made  
clear before the start of the experiment.

On behalf of the IAB,

--Olaf Kolkman

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 22:08:26 +0300

> The IAB does not oppose a scoped experiment.

Great!

> However, As the IAB reviews BOFs and WG charters (see RFC 2850 section
> 2.1) as part of its architectural oversight function, we believe that
> the IAB should also review SG charters.

Of course. I think this has been the assumption, but it
does deserve to be clarified in the document. Authors, take
notice...

> clear before the start of the experiment.

Ok. I assume you mean evaluation criteria for the success of the experiment,
not the success of an SG?

Jari

---

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 04:03:34 -0400

> not the success of an SG?

Yes, the criteria for the success of the experiment.

--Olaf

-----------------------------------------------------------
Olaf M. Kolkman
NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/