Subject: RE: [secdir] secdir review ofdraft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil-04.txt

From: "Eastlake III Donald-LDE008" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 00:46:22 -0400

See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-dnsext-cookies-02.txt
.

Donald

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Stephen Hanna
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 3:52 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [secdir] secdir review
ofdraft-ietf-dnsop-reflectors-are-evil-04.txt

...

Finally, I wonder whether other more fundamental techniques for
addressing the problem have been explored. For instance, if DNS clients
were required to perform a simple handshake before a DNS server sent
a long response, fake requests would provide little amplification.
...

Thanks,

Steve

_______________________________________________
secdir mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/secdir

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf