Subject: Re: Experimental makes sense for tls-authz

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Ben Finney <[email-masked]>

    > In the past it has been expressed on this list that the only
    > qualification for getting involved in IETF policy is exactly that,
    > getting involved -- in particular, on this list.

The IETF is open to anyone who want to join our community. However, 'joining
our community' means just that - joining, not just dropping off a drive-by,
based on a superficial understanding of the issues, as inaccurately reported
by someone with an axe to grind?

How is that substantially different from company X telling everyone who works
for it 'we want standard X approved, please send in email to the IETF list
asking for it to be approved'. You wouldn't think that was useful? No, I
didn't think so.

	Noel

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:38:43 -0800 (PST)

*> 
  *> So who benefits most from the notice? 

The lawyers.

Bob Braden