Subject: RFC3678: header incompatibility

From: [email-masked] (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino)
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:37:56 +0900 (JST)

not sure if it is for [email-masked].  please redirect it to appropriate
	group if needed.

	http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3678.txt
	http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/sys/socket.h.html

	RFC3678 defines a C structure with "struct sockaddr_storage"
	inside (for instance, struct group_req in section 5.1), in
	<netinet/in.h>.  however, from POSIX standard, sockaddr_storage is
	defined in <sys/socket.h>.  there is no guarantee that
	<sys/socket.h> is included prior to <netinet/in.h>, and it is not
	possible for <netinet/in.h> to blindly include <sys/socket.h>.

	note: types like sa_family_t are defined in <sys/types.h>, and they
	need not be/shall not be from <sys/socket.h>.

	please update RFC3678 so that it will fit better with POSIX standard.

itojun

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf