Subject: Re: IPv4 to IPv6 transition

From: John Curran <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 06:23:57 -0400

Folks - 

 There is an objection by Dean Anderson to the accuracy of 
 statements posted to the IETF list by Stephen Sprunk on 
 October 3 regarding ARIN's obligations to legacy IP address 
 holders.
 
 While ARIN hasn't obtained a formal legal opinion on ARIN's 
 obligations to legacy IP assignments, ARIN's counsel responded 
 to questions about ARIN's potential obligations in providing 
 registration services to legacy IP space holders at the the last 
 ARIN member meeting.  It is the analysis of these comments in 
 Stephen Sprunk's posting that is challenged by Dean Anderson.
 
 The full Transcript of the legacy panel is at
 http://www.arin.net/meetings/minutes/ARIN_XIX/ppm1_transcript.html#anchor_13
 
 Dean Anderson has a produced an analysis of the statements at
 http://www.av8.net/IETF-watch/People/StephenSprunk/ARIN-legal-comments.html
 
 It is in ARIN's interest to insure informed discussion of the 
 topic, and while I disagree with Dean's assessment, I agreed
 to send this message to the list so that the community can
 understand that there is a variety of interpretations of the 
 statements that were made.
 
/John

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf