Subject: Re: On Appeals of IESG and Area Director Actions and Decisions

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:19:07 -0400

At 4:34 PM -0400 10/4/07, The IESG wrote:
>The IESG re-affirms that its reading of RFC 2026 is that any action
>made by an Area Director or the IESG may by made the subject of the
>conflict resolution mechanisms set out in Section 6.5 of RFC 2026.
>The IESG further wishes to highlight that the primary aim of the
>appeals mechanism set out there is to resolve conflicts and move the
>IETF as a whole towards consensus, and it urges all participants to
>approach them in that light.
>

Thanks very much for your early consideration of this matter;
I appreciate very much the IESG taking this out of "lore" and making
a positive statement on this.  

It is not clear from this whether this will be a statement of the IESG
as are those found at http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Statements.html . 
I encourage the IESG to make it available there, as it seems to me more likely
that those attempting to understand this issue will find it there than
by going through email archives.

My thanks again,
			regards,
				Ted Hardie

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:34:13 -0400