Subject: Megatron (was: TLS-authz)

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 21:41:03 +0200

Apparently Megatron put a bunch of messages on hold for eight days,
compare <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.general/27425/raw>:

| Original-Received: from [127.0.0.1] (helo=stiedprmman1.va.neustar.com)
|  by megatron.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.43)
|  id 1IlT12-0002lZ-Jq; Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:30:36 -0400
| Original-Received: from [10.90.34.44] (helo=chiedprmail1.ietf.org)
|  by megatron.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.43) id 1Iiaz1-0005pF-56
|  for [email-masked]; Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:24:39 -0400
| Original-Received: from sceptre.pobox.com ([207.106.133.20])
|  by chiedprmail1.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.43) id 1Iiayl-0006I3-OX
|  for [email-masked]; Thu, 18 Oct 2007 15:24:24 -0400

As far as I can see it only Peter noted that something's wrong...
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.general/27414/raw>
...and solved it by simply trying again after about twelve hours:
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.general/27307/raw>

 Frank

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:44:25 +1300

Afaik, non-member postings to the list are automatically held in
moderation to trap spam, and moderators are only human.

   Brian

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:44:25 +1300

Brian

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 04:37:27 +0200

> moderation to trap spam, and moderators are only human.
And I do think that one reason why letter-writing campaigns against the
IETF have been rare is that it's hard to argue that people who care
*shouldn't* subscribe to the relevant mailing lists at least for the
duration of the discussion - which means that they get copies of all the
campaign letters too :-)

                 Harald

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:36:11 +0200

Harald Alvestrand wrote:

> I do think that one reason why letter-writing campaigns against the
> duration of the discussion - which means that they get copies of all
> the campaign letters too :-)

Just to be sure, I hope you saw that one of my two examples was about
an article in the "unicode-escapes" Last Call posted by Peter.  

If a serious delay is the side-effect of "moderation" I hope that
"they" would inform "us" (i.e. the list in addition to the posters).

 Frank