Subject: Last Call: draft-reschke-webdav-search (Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) SEARCH) to Proposed Standard

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 15:54:21 +0200

Hi,

I am the technical lead of the data management software DataFinder at
the German Aerospace Center, which is used to manage scientific data.
The software is in productive use; it relies on the WebDAV protocol to
store and organize meta information of the data managed. There, WebDAV
DASL is used to search for relevant resources on the WebDAV server.On
the server-side the DataFinder is currently using Tamino 4.4 and/or
Catacomb.

The client-side library is implemented in Python and separately
published on SourceForge
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonwebdavlib
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/pythonwebdavlib> ) under Apache Licence
Version 2. Currently the library implements major parts of the DASL
draft. In particular, the proposed DAV:basicsearch grammar is supported
except DAV:limit, DAV:orderby and queries of the schema of
DAV:basicsearch.

We recommend the advancement of the DASL draft as the searching feature
based on WebDAV DASL is an import part of our software.

Best regards,

Tobias Schlauch

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf