Subject: Happy Birthday, IPv6

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:25:01 +0200

Ten years ago, on August 10, 1998, the IESG announced the protocol  
action to make a set of Internet-Drafts into Draft Standards, now RFC  
2460 to RFC 2463.  For many of us this marked the end of the gestation  
and the start of what has become a long, long deployment process.

In these ten years, the IETF has come a long way toward understanding  
what is needed to get protocols actually deployed (see RFC 5218 for a  
recent milestone).  Now that the recognition for the need for IPv6 has  
made it into the mainstream, I hope we can translate this knowledge  
into the final steps necessary to help make it happen.  I'm looking  
forward to a happy confirmation/first communion/bar mitzvah/... for  
IPv6 three years from now when there will no longer be any way around  
it.

Gruesse, Carsten

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf