Subject: RE: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 17:30:08 -0400

David:

>I support this experiment. Why short sessions? Why not longer
>sessions?

The reason for short sessions is that the Secretariat can assign 
adjacent slots to the same WG to create a long one if that is what is needed.

Russ 

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:47:39 -0400

On the Telechat today, the IESG made a decision to proceed with this 
experiment.  The IETF Secretariat has been directed to update the web 
site to indicate that the IETF meeting will continue until 3:15 PM on Friday.

After each meeting the IAD conducts a survey.  The IAD has been asked 
to include questions on the survey to help determine whether the 
success or failure of the experiment.  In addition, the ADs for the 
meetings held after lunch will be making an assessment regarding the 
"burn out" of the participants.

Thanks for all of the feedback during this discussion.

Regards,
   Russ

At 05:33 PM 7/17/2008, IETF Chair wrote:
>The IESG is considering an experiment for IETF 73 in Minneapolis, and
>we would like community comments before we proceed.  Face-to-face
>meeting time is very precious, especially with about 120 IETF WGs
>competing for meeting slots.  Several WGs are not able to get as much
>meeting time as they need to progress their work.  As an experiment,
>we are considering adding two Friday afternoon one-hour meeting slots.
>The proposed Friday schedule would be:
>
>    0900-1130 Morning Session I
>    1130-1300 Break
>    1300-1400 Afternoon Session I
>    1415-1515 Afternoon Session II
>
>Please share your thoughts about this proposed experiment.  The
>proposed experiment will be discussed on the IETF Didcussion mail
>list ([email-masked]).