Subject: addition of IPR FIlings Link on WG Web Pages

From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:55:25 -0700

Folks - I want to suggest that IPR notices need to be tied to WG's whether 
we like it or not. The fact that we allow them obligates us to pay attention 
to them, and as part of that includes I believe that we put a link on the 
existing WG Webpages documenting any and all IPR filings against that WG's 
activities or publications.

Without this the existing IPR process is convoluted and too cumbersome to 
make really work. This is a system which we claim 'it is the responsibility 
of the relying party to do the research' but if we make it difficult to do 
that then we become part of the problem.

That said a simple hyperlink on the WG Pages to those IPR Notices which 
would impact them, seems to be an easy fix here.

---
Personal Disclaimers Apply

TS Glassey 

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 16:56:44 -0400

> we like it or not. The fact that we allow them obligates us to pay attention 

So what do you do with individual submissions that don't have a WG to
live in?

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf