Subject: Re: Call for review of proposed update to ID-Checklist

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:55:08 +0200

IETF Chair wrote:
> From the discussion just prior to the recent appeal by John Klensin, it
> was clear that the guidance regarding example domain names in IETF
> documents provided in the ID-Checklist needed to be updated.  This point
> was emphasized further during the discussion of the Klensin appeal. 
> Proposed text is now available.  Many thanks to Bert Wijnen for continuing
> to edit the document.
>
> The IESG solicits comments on this proposed update.  The IESG plans to
> make a decision on this proposed text on 2008-07-17.  Please send
> substantive comments to the [email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-07-16.
> Exceptionally, comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead.  In either
> case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated
> sorting.
>
> The proposed text can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/Draft-ID-Checklist.html 
6 days later, the URL gives me an "object not found".....

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Bert Wijnen \(IETF\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 12:11:29 +0200

I beleiev that the IESG approved the 1.8 version for which Russ called
for review on the IETF list.

Anyway, the 1,8 version (with change) is online as
   http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html

Meanwhile I am working on revision 1.9 and I am making changes as I
have been posting to the ietf list over the last 4-5 days. I am still
discussion a few other changes (mainly with IESG) before this one will
go online.

Bert