Subject: Improvements for IETF 72

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:32:36 -0700 (PDT)

With all the discussions about food, hotel network problems, etc, you 
might have overlooked some of the details that were different in the
positive sense at IETF 72.

First, the registration process now auto-generates a PDF receipt for 
your expense report, and if you misplace this file you can get a new
one by visiting the registration page again.

Second, take a closer look at the Attendee List:

https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf72/attendance.py

Did you notice that you can click on ANY of the column headers and the 
data will be sorted by that column? Click a second time and the 
sorting will reverse (A-Z and Z-A). This allows you to find colleagues 
from your company, country, (ahem "economy") etc. (Wow, lots of people 
from Cisco in Dublin! ;-)

Third, on site you received a booklet rather than the usual stack of 
various sheets of paper. The Note Well, Local Info and Agenda was 
combined into a single document thus making those manilla envelopes a 
thing of the past. And it wasn't just stapled together, it was a real 
booklet, folded and stapled like a newsletter.

I hope you like these improvements as much as I did.

Ole (speaking for myself and not the IAOC)

PS. I have been discussing the issue of the new badge size and badge 
holder with the secretariat. The newer, larger badges are apparently
more "standard" (you can get holders in various parts of the world),
but they realize that some of you like the special black holders from
Dallas or even Salt Lake City that holds your badge, mini agenda and
even a pen. Hopefully a new "wallet" can be developed that will hold
the new badges. Another "sponsorship opportunity" I dare say.

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Bill Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 02:11:35 -0700

> booklet, folded and stapled like a newsletter.

	Yeah!  Hardcopy again!  (can we get the actual WG proceedings
	in print too?)

--bill