Subject: Re: Minneapolis IETF Code Sprint

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:42:16 -0800 (PST)

It is my pleasure to share the success of the code sprint last Saturday.

The volunteers were able to bring several coding projects to the point
where it is possible to deploy them in a new datatracker release, and
several other projects are sufficiently close to completion that it should
be possible to deploy them this week.

During the code sprint itself, datatracker version 2.09 was deployed.
That release makes it possible for us to get rid of one hard-to-maintain
legacy script.  (Coder: Chris Newman)

Next up is a much more visible change, which provides a new search
interface and a new look-and-feel to the datatracker.  (Coders: Lars
Eggert and Henrik Levkowetz).  This will deployed during Tuesday.

Additional releases will follow during the week, providing new
functionality (Coder: Pasi Eronen) and elimination of additional
hard-to-maintain scripts (Several contributors, including Tero Kivinen,
Robert Sparks, Chris Newman).

Robert Sparks helped organize the sprint, and the necessary code merging
and release management were done by Henrik Levkowetz.  Bill Fenner
provided assistance and overview from a distance, while working on
upcoming features. The final action of deploying the new releases on the
IETF servers is done by Glen Barney from the IETF Secretariat.

Please thank these volunteers to the contributions,
   Russ

> From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
> To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Minneapolis IETF Code Sprint 
> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:30:10 -0700 (PDT)
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Minneapolis IETF Code Sprint
> 
> When:  November 15, 2008, begining at 9:30 AM
> 
> Where: IETF Hotel in Minneapolis 
> 
> What:  A bunch of hackers get together to work on code for IETF tools.
>        Some people may be porting of existing functionality to the
>        new framework; some people may be adding exciting new
>        functionality.  All code will become part of the open source
>        IETF tools.
> 
> Who:   Hopefully you can help
> 
> Henrik Levkowetz and Bill Fenner will be coordinating the event.  You
> will hear more from them shortly, beginning with brainstorming about
> which things to work on during this event.
> 
> Please support the tools development effort,
>    Russ

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf