Subject: 2nd Call for IAOC Nominations and Volunteers

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 09:59:18 -0800 (PST)

[This is the 2nd-call: a duplicate of a message sent Nov 3]

The IAB is making a call for volunteers for the IETF Administrative
Oversight Committee (IAOC), as described in BCP 101 (RFC 4071), following
the procedures documented in BCP 113 (RFC 4333).  The nominations period
will close on 26 Nov 2008. 

In alternate years. The IESG and the IAB each select one person for a
two-year IAOC term.  This year, the IAB will select one person for a term
beginning in the Spring of 2009.

The incumbent is Bob Hinden.

Candidates for these IAOC positions should have knowledge of the IETF,
knowledge of contracts and financial procedures, and familiarity with the
administrative support needs of the IAB, the IESG, and the IETF standards
process.  Candidates are also expected to be able to understand the
respective roles and responsibilities of the IETF and ISOC in this
activity, and be able to articulate these roles within the IETF community.

Acceptable candidates must be prepared to exercise all the duties of an
IAOC member.  These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
setting of administrative support policies, oversight of the
administrative operations of the IETF, and representing the interests of
the IETF to the IAOC.  Acceptable candidates must be able to undertake
full participation in all IAOC meetings and activities.

The IAB-selected member of the IAOC does not directly represent the
IAB.  The IAB and IESG selected members are accountable directly to the
IETF community.  As such, candidates do not need to be current members of
the IAB or the IESG and, in fact, we prefer nominations and volunteers
from
the rest of the community.

If you are interested in one of these positions, or know of someone who
may be a good fit for this position, please send the name and email
address to <iab at iab.org>.

The IAB will respond with a questionnaire, asking for the candidates'
qualifications and willingness to serve.

The names of all people who declare themselves willing to serve will be
made public on the ietf-announce at ietf.org list after the end of the
solicitation period.  The plan is to post the list of candidates on 1 Dec
2008.

The IAB expects to make a decision on or before 15 Jan 2008 (note that
NomCom is also selecting an IAOC member).

On Behalf of the IAB,
  Olaf Kolkman
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf