Subject: Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-ospf-lls-05.txt

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:34:34 -0600

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-ospf-lls-05.txt
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins
Review Date: 2008-11-05
IETF LC End Date: 2008-11-10

Summary: This document is on the right track for publication as Proposed 
Standard. I have a couple of 2119 questions.

Comments:

   The 16-bit LLS Data Length field contains the length (in 32-bit
   words) of the LLS block including the header and payload.
   Implementations MUST NOT use the Length field in the IP packet header
   to determine the length of the LLS data block.

Spencer: I'm not sure this is a 2119 MUST NOT - aren't you just saying that 
if you try it, you'll fail?

   The CA-TLV MUST only appear once in the the LLS block.  Also, when
   present, this TLV SHOULD be the last TLV in the LLS block.

Spencer: Why SHOULD and not MUST? At a minimum, I would expect to see some 
description of what should happen if CA-TLV is NOT the last TLV in the LLS 
block - and if the expectation is that processing continues, I'm not sure 
what this sentence means... 

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf