Subject: Re: IETF Trust Decision on "Legal Provisions for IETF Documents" (datedOctober 16, 2008)

From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:44:54 -0800

Yeah - there is a flaw in the logic. The issue is really tricky with
Standard's Document's who's precursor document's are all done under
different copyright and license agreement's as would be the case for a
process in the IETF which took several years to start and complete with all
the changes over the last couple of years in regard to the IPR.

Bluntly without a Hold-Harmless clause in this contract - I think the IETF 
and its lawyers are in for a world of hurt... but that's just my 2 cents.

Todd Glassey

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ed Juskevicius" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Trustees" <[email-masked]>; "IETF Discussion" <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 6:31 PM
Subject: IETF Trust Decision on "Legal Provisions for IETF Documents"
(datedOctober 16, 2008)

This message is an announce the IETF Trustees have reached consensus on
a policy entitled "Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents".

The Trustees met via telechat during October to review all "last call"
comments on the draft policy, and to approve the Policy.  Thank you for
all of your inputs to our deliberations, and for your patience with
process.  We are done!

Attached to this message, please find a marked version of the final
policy document as it was reviewed by Trustees in October, and a clean
version of the approved Policy document (dated October 16th) with all
changes incorporated.

FYI, the approved Policy will become effective on the same day that the
RFC Editor publishes two new RFCs as follows:

  RFC 5377 (from draft-ietf-ipr-outbound-rights-07)
  RFC 5378 (from draft-ietf-ipr-3978-incoming-09

I understand that publication of both these RFCs is imminent.  As soon
as they are published, I will close the loop by sending one more e-mail
message on this subject, and by uploading the approved and adopted
Policy document to the IETF Trust webpage.

Best Regards,

Ed  Juskevicius, on behalf of the Trustees
[email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.8.5/1757 - Release Date: 10/30/2008
2:35 PM

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf