Subject: Friday experiment

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:40:43 +0100

About having sessions until 1500 on friday: I found it very useful  
this time out, even though there were two sessions I wanted to attend  
friday afternoon.

However, I had a flight at 1950 this time so it wordek out. I doubt  
I'd have stayed a day longer just for the friday afternoon session.  
But then again, that also goes for the friday morning session for the  
majority of people so I don't think that's a show stopper, but it will  
probably make this an unpopular time slot. But taking a later flight  
is at least a choice; splitting myself into two to attend conflicting  
sessions isn't.

Another option would be to run until 1300, that's still early enough  
to have lunch but it does give us a 1.5 hour extra timeslot but only  
takes that 1.5 hours, not 3.5 like the 1300 - 1500 timeslot so people  
with flights at 1700 or even 1600 can possibly attend.
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:49:25 +0000

> with flights at 1700 or even 1600 can possibly attend.
We could maybe start earlier on Friday as well - say 8am - i.e. run 0800 
till 1300 with only only a 10 min
coffee break. That would put nearly 5 hours into the schedule.

I agree with using the Friday for meetings, but not if  the cost is 
staying over Friday night and maybe not getting home until Sunday.

Stewart

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:11:49 +0200

> coffee break. That would put nearly 5 hours into the schedule.

That overlaps with the IESG/IAB "what happened this week" breakfast.  
(But with more sessions during the day Friday, that breakfast might  
need to become a lunch or coffee meeting anyway.)

Lars