Subject: Who Wants an RFID Badge for the Upcoming IETF Conference?

From: "Athar Shiraz Siddiqui" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 22:39:55 -0500

Dr. Henning has asked us to install a system which will help
participants identify themselves with their name and affiliation.

If you want to know more about the raison d'être for the project
please view this presentation (see[1]).

Briefly: the purpose of the badge is to permit people (with names that
may have unfamiliar spellings) to have their names transmitted to the
chatrooms announcing their presance.

Kindly email me your name and affiliation or better still just enter
them in this database table right here :

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ietf2008/database?method=reportRows&tbl=1

Or better still if someone can provide us with the names of the
attendees we can prepare the pertinent badges for them :)

[1] http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=54ff8064285e58cfc74064dd4c81b78a52bb0458ee4d8af2
or
http://www.mediafire.com/?gjmum2gntjx
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 10:36:57 -0500

I just added my name to the database. What I would REALLY like is to
just have my badge scanned when I enter a meeting room instead of
signing a blue sheet.

Cheers,
Andy

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:58:03 -0800

> just have my badge scanned when I enter a meeting room instead of

That would have required Henning and/or Athar to coordinate with the  
Secretariat before doing this. Absent that, it's pretty hard for the  
IAOC to provide.

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:34:20 -0500

We've thought about the blue sheet replacement, but wanted to start a  
bit smaller and reduce the impact of failure. (With the current  
experiment, presumably the worst-case outcome is no worse than what  
we've had for the past 70+ IETFs, but losing blue sheet information  
might make some lawyer unhappy.)

Henning