Subject: RE: [mpls] Last Call: draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def ("EXP field" renamed to "Traffic Class field") to Proposed Standard

From: "Venkat Doddaballapur (dvenkata)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:06:56 -0800

Hi 

In view of the several packet types we have similar naming and to avoid
confusion indicating 
Similar fields for different packet types  we need to have some
distinguishing factor
Indicating something like "Labelled Traffic Differentiator " or
"Labelled Traffic class" or 
 say "MPLS Traffic Class ". 
While EXP is indeed primarily for Traffic class and QOS requirements of
labelled packet ,it shouldn't be deemed 
as limiting factor for appropriate usage based on the need /application
handling.

Regards
Venkat Doddaballapur 
(Sw Engineer , Cisco systems Inc  USA)
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
The IESG
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:55 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [mpls] Last Call: draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def ("EXP field"
renamed to "Traffic Class field") to Proposed Standard

The IESG has received a request from the Multiprotocol Label Switching
WG
 
(mpls) to consider the following document:

- '"EXP field" renamed to "Traffic Class field" '
   <draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2008-12-04. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Please note that this document updates four informational RFCs, and has
a normative reference to each of these four RFCs. These are RFC 3272,
RFC 3469, RFC 3564 and RFC 3985.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-cosfield-def-07.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
17258&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf