Subject: A proposal of global disussion about communication protocols, for accelerating democratic activities including discussing economic policy, election and voting

From: "Tadayuki Abraham HATTORI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:16:27 +0900

Dear professionals and experts,

It's a proposal of global disussion about communication 
protocols, for accelerating democratic activities including 
discussing economic policy, election and voting.

A Digital Money System based upon numerical prosessor, 
Operationg Systemand the TCP/IP networking has a critial 
social security hole. I think. It might be a social security 
issue considering extension or modification of fundamental 
concept of computer networking.

My proposal comes from my academic research of A.I. 
At first, I beleave in that a humanity can be understood as 
a set of discrete signals and the mathematical 
probability-transition flow. So, evn if democratic actiities 
can be understood mathematically, also. So, it would be 
possible to discuss about the method of realistic engineering 
for accellrationg democratic activities, I beleave in.
 The freedom of speech brings well understanding of each 
humanities. Well understanding of each humanities could be 
seeds of growth of culture. And the growth of culture 
brings a growth of intelligence of a nation. That's why 
the freedom of speech is tend to be admitted in modern 
nations, I think.

World wide discusson of  technical solutions for optimization 
of democratic activities including discussing economic policy, 
election or voting will promote new investment and deal 
for new conceptual computer, prosessor/semiconductor or 
the related electro-magnetic-optical networking.
Some kinds of conclusion through the global discussion can 
reduce a risk of investment for new conceptual comunication 
technologies.

I'm trying to write a Internet-Draft for such issues. I'm 
looking for co-workers, co-reseachers and discussion area 
for that task.

Any recommendation or advices? Sincerely.

Regards,

 The present computer architecture was originally invented 
as a numerical calculater. As you may know, the main circuit 
of central pocesser unit is indeed an arithmetic calculater. 
It was not created as an accelerator of interaction of 
humanities. Of cource, many core processor is also.

  As you may know, the CPU of computer is contorolled by 
Operationg System. And the fundamental concept of 
Operationg System was originally invented for both 
abstraction of hardware  and resource management. 
It is originally invented by the programmer's point of view, 
so, the role of Operationg System can be said as just 
making programming efficiently. Generally, in Operationg 
System, the power of controlling information is centrally 
concentrated. Is it adespotism? Is there no need to 
consider the separation of the power?

 And also, the TCP/IP networking was originally designed 
as a military network. It was invented for the objective 
of efficient communication in troop or army, not for 
optimization of democracy. There is no need to say, 
grasping and controlling information among people is a 
kind of power. In designing TCP/IP networking, 
the meaning of separation of the power among citizen 
was not considered. Should any modificationof TCP/IP 
for democratic communication among people be needed? 
In modern nations, why the power is separated? for 
example, justice, legislation and administration. 
What is the principle of separation of the power? 
Does the scientific theorem of separation of the 
power exist ? Who should have the power grasping 
information among people?

 Historically both Operating System and the TCP/IP 
networking was not designed for optimization of democratic 
activities, so, using Operating System and the TCP/IP 
networking, the power of controling information will be 
centrally concentrated, and putting democracy out 
of balance.

 Generally, we have two choices for understanding 
a nation. One is that a nation is considered as a set of 
organizations, and people always should belong to some 
organization. And another is that a nation is considered 
as a set of people or family, and organizations are just 
methods for people not objectives of people. Reminding 
and considering an idea of democratic egalitarianism, 
the correct answer must be the later, a nation should 
be considered as a set of people. Any organization 
should be considered as just methods for people, not 
objectives for people.

 Using Operationg System and the TCP/IP networking as 
bridges of communication of humanities, the power to 
control information will be centrally gathered,and so, 
the-companies-or -public-organizations-centric-
information-systems are tend to be constructed. 
Because the power of controlling information is gathered 
to excutives or managers of companies, and the excutives 
or managers of campanies are easy to modify or hide 
information of a part of public social system.  
It would be difficult to check evil informatic activities 
by excutives or managers of campanies. As I mentioned 
above, a nation should be considered as a set of citizen, 
not a set of military organization, the trend will put 
democracy out of balance. Because democratic activities 
depends upon intensive gathering of people's decision 
making with correct balanced distribution of information. 
Generally, in a democratic nation, each people is not only 
a value judger but also a decision maker. 

 Most of all, in a digital money system based upon Operating 
System and the TCP/IP networking, donation for political party 
by excutives or managers of large campanies can't be publically 
controlled. Because the current digital money system is based 
upon OS and the TCP/IP networking, the power to contol 
information is centrally gathered to excutives or managers. 
The organization oriented information system bring putting 
a national democracy out of balance.

 Basically, for public infrastructure such as digital money 
system, Operating System and the TCP/IP networking 
is not suited to. We must modify the specifications of them 
from the fundamental concept, I think. Should we choose 
the central controlled information system in order to 
construct a public digital money system ? Is it a correct 
choice? We should remember the faces of the people 
who was selling digital money system. We should remind 
the faces of th people who was promoting numerical 
computer network for social infrastructures. What ware 
thay saying ? Was their thought sufficient? Was their 
insight enough? Who was showing the academic direction 
and the trend of informatics?

 There is no need to say, high level decision making is 
always going to affect the future rewards of people and 
the satisfaction of nation. When we discuss the 
communication technology for optimization of democratic 
activities, we should truely be careful of the history and 
the culture of each nations, and the deep insight will 
be required. So, I propose a concept of Academic Criminals. 
The concept is created for judging high level decision 
making in academic opinions and activities. Generally, 
academic opinions and activities can't be reviced by 
current social system such as administration justice and 
legislation. Because the present social systems are always 
focusing the present problems, not focusing the far 
future problems. Generally, an intellectual method of 
prediction of the future should be included in academic 
activities.

 Historically, our civilization have been formed with 
characters, languages, mathematics and any culture 
based upon both paper and ink which have been used 
for a long time. As you may know, these tools are 
now going to be replaced with electro-maginetic-optical 
devices. It means that renovation of civilization is 
indeed under processing. The concept of Academic Criminals 
will be useful for keeping general dicision making about 
direction of academic activities and opinions in balance, I think.

 Ultimate goal of these matters is finding out the theorem 
for how to locate the power to control information among 
the communication road of the people, where the power 
to control information should be located, and how to 
modify the location of the power to control information. 
And, according to the theorem, the specifications of 
Operationg System and the TCP/IP networking should be 
modified. Generally, democratic systems can't be 
constructed just by capitalism. It would be formed depending 
upon an idea, ideology or  scientific theorem, I beleave in. 
And global discussion of solutions for optimization of democratic 
activities can reduce a risk of investment for new conceptual 
comunication technologies, and will promote new investment 
and deal for new conceptual computer, prosessor/semiconductor 
or the related electro-magnetic-optical networking.

Any recommendation or advices? Sincerely.

Regards,

---
TaddyHatty 
taddyhatty at acm.org
taddyhatty at nifty.com