Subject: First Itojun Service Award

From: Jun Murai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 19:28:54 +0900

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the  Itojun Service Award selection committee, I am
pleased to announce that in the next few weeks we will begin accepting
nominations for the first  award to be presented this fall at IETF 76
in Hiroshima, Japan.

The Itojun Service Award, launched in 2008 to provide recognition and
support for individuals progressing IPv6, honours the memory of Dr.
Jun-ichiro "Itojun" Hagino, who passed away in 2007, aged just 37. The
award, established by the friends of Itojun and administered by the
Internet Society, recognises and commemorates the extraordinary
dedication exercised by Itojun over the course of IPv6 development.

Memorial donations to the Itojun Service Award Fund are welcomed. The
Internet Society has established an account for donations. The WIDE
project has also established a Japanese bank account to collect
donations in Japanese Yen.

Additional information about the Itojun Service Award, and links to
information about donations, are available at:

http://www.isoc.org/awards/itojun/

We look forward to sharing additional specific information about the
Itojun award soon.

Applications / Nominations for this year's award will be opened in a few
weeks.  We will announce how and when, and information and aform will be
on the above web site.

Sincerely,
Jun Murai
Itojun Service Award selection committee

---

From: "Tadayuki Abraham HATTORI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:20:23 +0900

Was he a genius like John Von Neumann or C. Channon? 

That's the question.

Ware some politicians ware promoting wrong usage of internet ?

We should more focus upon a set of communication protocols 

for evolution of democratic activities, I think.

---