Subject: Re: jabber logs into working group mailing list archives?

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:29:00 -0400

Jabber logs are already part of the proceedings.  For example, this 
URL provides the jabber logs for the IETF 73 in Minneapolis: 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08nov/index.html

The Secretariat is looking at some changes to the proceedings, and I 
have asked them to put the jabber log and the audio stream for the 
session in the same place as the minutes and slides.  I think this 
will make them easier to locate.  Hopefully this reorganization will 
happen in time for IETF 75's proceedings.

Russ

On Apr 1, 2009, at 9:48 AM, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

>>IETF meeting jabber sessions often hold some very useful gems.  And
>>at their
>>worst, each one isn't all that big.
>>
>>It occurs to me that we should try to fold them into the regular
>>email archive,
>>perhaps simply by sending the wg mailing list a copy afterwards?
>
>I would like to see this, and if we expect it to happen, I'd suggest
>automating it. Should be simple enough (assume IETF Plenary goes to 
>[email-masked] , and there probably are some other corner cases to 
>consider before
>implementing).
>
>My only caveat is that the current jabber logs include entries for
>days where nothing happened - both zero-byte entries and "Dan York
>entered the room", to mention one entry in recent mediactrl logs.
>
>I'd suggest a minimum size for this - not huge, maybe 1000 bytes? -
>if we get serious about doing it.
>
>Ripping out the "entered"/"left" entries would be nice, but that's
>the next level.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Spencer
>
>_______________________________________________
>Ietf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:32:38 -0400

Please note that some groups use jabber more or less continuously, not  
just during a meeting.

Regards
Marshall

On Apr 1, 2009, at 2:29 PM, Russ Housley wrote:

> URL provides the jabber logs for the IETF 73 in Minneapolis: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08nov/index.html
>
>> automating it. Should be simple enough (assume IETF Plenary goes to [email-masked] 
>>  , and there probably are some other corner cases to consider before
>> implementing).
>>

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:03:27 -0400

>>>>> "Marshall" == Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]> writes:
    Marshall> Please note that some groups use jabber more or less
    Marshall> continuously, not  just 
    Marshall> during a meeting.

  I'd like to encourage more of this too.
  more people should join hallway during the meeting time as well.

-- 
]     Y'avait une poule de jammé dans l'muffler!!!!!!!!!        |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian GNU/Linux using, kernel hacking, security guy"); [