Subject: Re: [MEXT] Last Call: draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation (BindingRevocation for IPv6 Mobility) to Proposed Standard

From: Xiangsong Cui <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 12:02:33 +0800

Hi all,

Thank the authors for the good job and I have a minor comment.

In section 8.2 (the last paragraph),

   o  If the Status field indicates any value other than success, the
      home agent SHOULD examine any mobility options included in the
      Binding Revocation Acknowledgement.  The home agent MAY log the
      appropriate event to reflect the received status.

I think it is not very clear how should the home agent handle the BCE
(e.g. the resource and revocation in progress flag) and the revocation
timer (if there is some timer is running).

The corresponding part from LMA is better, I think.

      It is based on the local mobility anchor local policy how to
      handle the mobile node BCE(s) that the mobile access gateway
      indicated it failed the revocation procedure, however, the LMA MAY
      log the event.

Regards

Xiangsong

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "The IESG" <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:59 PM
Subject: [MEXT] Last Call: draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation 
(BindingRevocation for IPv6 Mobility) to Proposed Standard

> The IESG has received a request from the Mobility EXTensions for IPv6 WG
> (mext) to consider the following document:
>
> - 'Binding Revocation for IPv6 Mobility '
>   <draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard
>
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-08-26. Exceptionally,
> comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please
> retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
>
> The file can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mext-binding-revocation-08.txt
>
>
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=17614&rfc_flag=0
>
> _______________________________________________
> MEXT mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext