Subject: Re: Appeal/Request for Review (was: Re: Proposed Revisions to the IETF Trust Legal Provisions (TLP))

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:19:11 -0400

Hi Marshall and Bob,

Could you please let us know the current status of this appeal?

In the plenary in Stockholm, I understood you to say that you _do_  
consider the decisions of the IAOC and the Trust to be subject to the  
appeals procedure, which I think is a good decision.  However, it has  
been about 6 weeks since this appeal was sent, and I do not see a  
location on the IAOC/Trust web pages where the appeal text is posted,  
nor have I seen any response.

I think that there are several very valid points in John's appeal, and  
I largely agree with it.  I note that the IAOC has already begun the  
process of bringing the minutes up to date, which I consider to be an  
important step.  Could you help me to understand how you are reacting  
or responding to other portions of this appeal?

Thanks,
Margaret

On Jul 18, 2009, at 3:38 PM, John C Klensin wrote:
> --On Saturday, July 18, 2009 12:55 -0400 Marshall Eubanks
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Hello;
>>
>> We (the Trustees) have received feedback on the proposed
>> changes to the Trust Legal Provisions (TLP) and have agreed to
>> take the following actions. Since the original call went out
>> on the 23rd of June, the comment period is extended to the
>> 23rd of July.
>> ...
>
> Marshall,
>
> While I believe these changes are all improvements, I also
> recall several additional sets of comments on the IETF mailing
> list, including those that addressed the issues of:
>
[...]

> Consequently, by this message to you and copy of this note to
> the IAOC Chair, and under the provisions of Section 3.5 of RFC
> 4071, I formally request that the Trustees review their actions,
> that the IAOC review the actions of the Trustees as part of the
> IASA process, and that the following actions be taken:

[...]

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:13:54 -0400

Margaret:

I do not want to speak for Bob or Marshall.  However, Bob is away 
from email, and I have not seen responses from Marshall to any email 
that I sent him recently, so Marshall is either away or swamped.

The Trustees have agreed to the points that will be made in the 
response to John Klensin's request for review.  The Trustees are 
waiting to see the final text.  Once that text is presented and 
wordsmithed, it will be posted.  I expected that to happen before 
now, but August schedules have interfered.

Russ

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 12:32:23 -0400

On Aug 25, 2009, at 10:19 PM, Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> consider the decisions of the IAOC and the Trust to be subject to  
> the appeals procedure, which I think is a good decision.  However,  
> it has been about 6 weeks since this appeal was sent, and I do not  
> see a location on the IAOC/Trust web pages where the appeal text is  
> posted, nor have I seen any response.

A response is under consideration, and I have instructed the IAD and  
the Secretariat to prepare a place to put it, and the original appeal.

Regards
Marshall

>
> I think that there are several very valid points in John's appeal,  
> and I largely agree with it.  I note that the IAOC has already begun  
> the process of bringing the minutes up to date, which I consider to  
> be an important step.  Could you help me to understand how you are  
> reacting or responding to other portions of this appeal?
>
> Thanks,
> Margaret
>
>