Subject: draft-turner-deviceowner-attribute last call comment

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:03:34 +0100

Hi Sean,

It seems odd to me that the only options for naming a device
owner are to use a country code or an OID that might represent
a group of countries (or something else).

Either this draft is only referring to some very special
devices or else its missing *much* more natural identifiers
for device owners, e.g. DNS names, email addresses etc.

So I think either change the ASN.1 (perhaps to include
a GeneralName in the choice) or else change the text to
say which kind(s) of device tend to be owned by countries
or groups of countries so that readers of the resulting RFC
have some kind of clue as to what the document is really
about.

I guess I'd prefer the former option, but since this is
going to be informational am fine with the latter so long
as its clear about the kind(s) of device to which the
putative RFC is meant to apply.

Cheers,
Stephen.