Subject: RFC Editor Transition Announcement

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 19:10:21 -0800

Greetings All and Happy New Year,

With the new year comes the RFC Editor production and publisher
function transition from USC/ISI to AMS as the new RFC Production
Center and RFC Publisher.

ISI and AMS have been working diligently behind the scenes to make
this transition process as seamless as possible on the day of
transition.  However, even with the most seamless of transitions,
there will be some down time (and delay) and we appreciate your
patience as we move forward.

Please note that the transition is scheduled to take place on Tuesday,
12 January 2010.  During this time, the static RFC Editor pages at
rfc-editor.org will continue to be available, including RFC and
errata search and retrieval. However, the errata submission and
verification portals will be temporarily disabled.

AMS will do a final update and review of the incoming data, and then
update the DNS zones for all domains. If there are no serious issues
on 12 January, we expect to complete the transition on the same day, 
which means that there should be a minimal impact on regular document 
processing.

Following the transition, please report any problems or concerns to
[email-masked] . Email sent there will continue to be
received by the RFC Editor staff, and you should receive a reply within
the week.

Please note that we are all working very hard not only to ensure a
satisfactory transition, but also to keep documents moving through the 
queue.  RFC production has been somewhat slowed by the holidays and
transition preparation, and we greatly appreciate your patience
during this time!  We apologize for any inconvenience, and we hope
that the interruption and delay will be minimal.

Thank you,

RFC Editor Team (past and present)