Subject: Internet Registration Escrow

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 16:04:24 -0500

A new effort is underway to discuss a topic germane to internet 
registries and possibly registrars - escrow of the registration data. 
A new mailing list has been set up for this discussion, [email-masked]. 
General information (including how to subscribe) about the list is at:

   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ire

Real soon now a BoF charter will be posted to that list and 
discussion on that can begin.  There will also be a draft sent out 
soon.  Currently the list is silent and empty, this message is an 
invitation to join now in advance of the discussions we hope to have.

We hope to have a BoF on the IETF 77 schedule, in March at Anaheim. 
If there is sufficient work and audience we hope to charter an IETF 
WG.

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis
NeuStar                    You can leave a voice message at +1-571-434-5468

As with IPv6, the problem with the deployment of frictionless surfaces is
that they're not getting traction.