Subject: Cell data connectivity in CZ

From: Michal Krsek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:41:47 +0100

Dear all,
please note we have three relevant cell operators in Prague.

O2 - http://www.o2.cz/osobni/en/mobile_internet/
(closest shop @ "Sokolovská 17, Praha" 
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=cs&q=o2&sll=50.090418,14.440632&sspn=0.004374,0.005295&ie=UTF8&t=h&rq=1&ev=p&split=1&radius=0.14&hq=o2&hnear=&ll=50.090968,14.440198&spn=0.004374,0.005295&z=18 
)

T-Mobile - 
http://www.t-mobile.cz/web/en/internet/webnwalk-tariffs-and-add-ons
same locality as O2

Vodafone - https://www.vodafone.cz/live_en/index.htm
(closest schop @ náměstí Republiky 1078/1, Praha)

I think most of them cover area neighboring Prague Hilton and Prague 
city center by UMTS network in 2.1 Ghz band together with 1800/900 Mhz 
GPRS/EDGE. All of the operators have USB modem for purchase but I'm 
afraid drivers are Windows only.

I'm visiting shop selling O2 and T-Mobile in next few weeks to make sure 
they can support non-czech customers with non-windows based devices :-) 
Vodafone is located in a big shopping center crowded by tourists.

I can do one more favor for community. O2 has an promo proposal for 
prepaid SIM card for CZK 95 (slightly lower value than 5 newly printed 
USD). This card covers one week (seven days) for free Internet and I 
regullary use them as "use and discard". I can buy a bunch of these 
cards and make them available on basis of demand from the community for 
not-for profit. So if you like to use this sim card, just drop me 
PERSONAL e-mail message (do not reply to the list).

                         Regards
                             Michal Krsek

P.S: With those with iPad devices please note Czech mobile operators do 
NOT provide micro SIM cards.

P.P.S: I'm resending this message later to 80attendees list.