Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-09.txt> (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management of the Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number Registry) to BCP

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:43:07 +0100

I would like to see more clarity in 8.1
" For assignments done through IETF-published RFCs, the Contact will be the
IESG."
in that I am unclear what IETF-published RFCs are; presumably that is Standards
Track, BCP
and Individual Submissions, but not Independent Submissions  or IRTF RFC.

I think that the terminology here should follow that of RFC4844 with a reference
thereto.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Magnus Westerlund" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; "Internet Area" <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "SAAG" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:30 AM
Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-09.txt>
(Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management of the
Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number Registry) to BCP

Hi,

I just want to make people aware of this IETF last call for an update of
the IANA procedures for registration of Service Name and Transport
protocol port numbers.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund

-------- Ursprungligt meddelande --------
Ämne: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-09.txt> (Internet
Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the Management of the
Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number Registry) to BCP
Datum: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 22:26:03 +0100
Från: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Till: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Kopia: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Area Working Group WG
(tsvwg) to consider the following document:
- 'Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Procedures for the
   Management of the Service Name and Transport Protocol Port Number
   Registry'
  <draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-09.txt> as a BCP

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-02-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
apps-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 13:50:37 +0100

> I think that the terminology here should follow that of RFC4844 with a reference

I guess we should use the "IETF Stream", and I do agree that a reference
for the definition of that should be included.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:19:47 +0200

I've made this change in our working copy.