Subject: Fwd: [apps-discuss] timezone database maintenance

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 09:47:19 -0700

FYI. Please direct follow-ups to the apps-discuss list:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [apps-discuss] timezone database maintenance
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 09:45:35 -0700
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Dear Apps Folks,

We need to finish our work on draft-lear-iana-timezone-database and
decide if we will pursue the approach outlined in that document, so that
Mr. David Olson (maintainer of the timezone database) can work for a
while within the new processes before starting his well-deserved retirement.

I plan to issue an IETF Last Call on that I-D soon after IETF 80. To
expedite the conversation, I encourage those who care about future
management of the timezone database to weigh in on the apps-discuss
list. In addition, I have reserved a room from 08:00 to 09:00 on
Wednesday, March 30 at the IETF meeting in Prague, so please add that
time slot to your calendar if you wish to participate.

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/