Subject: New version of xml2rfc released

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 10:12:13 -0400

A new version of xml2rfc (v1.36) has been released, as well as updates 
to the xml2rfc web service running at http://xml.resource.org.

Major new web features include:

     * New options in web form to generate ePub and PDF.
     * New option in web form to show trace and warning messages
         along with the output, using frames. This is the default.
     * New option in web form to do strict DTD checking.
     * New advanced web form (see bottom of the web page)
         to: generate HTML using Julian Reschke's XSLT,  generate
         Postscript, and generate RTF.

Major new xml2rfc features include:

     * Generate proper boilerplate for RFC generation (RFC 5741).
         (Also see the RFC Editor's status-memos page.)
     * Support for the new <rfc> consensus= attribute to help support
         RFC 5741.
     * Support for the new <?rfc text-list-symbols="o*+-"?> processing
         instruction. Modify the list of symbols used for list 
type="symbols".
         The default is "o*+-", but can be set to any list of 
characters. For
         example, specifying "abcde" will cause "a" to be used for 1st
         level, "b" for the 2nd level, etc, cycling back to the first 
character
         "a" at the 6th level. Specifying "o*" will cause the characters 
"o"
         and "*" to be alternated for each successive level.

Further information can be found at http://xml.resource.org.

Enjoy.

     Tony Hansen
     [email-masked]