Subject: Problems using the default ftp settings in NroffEdit for diff display

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 00:25:00 +0200

It has come to my attention that there is a problem using the default ftp
settings for displaying the diff between the current edited draft and the
latest published draft using NroffEdit.

The reason is that I signed up for a free ftp service without understanding
that they had a per month max traffic limit.
This feature has shown to be more popular than I anticipated. I have tried
to upgrade the account, but currently with no success.

This problem is easiest avoided if you just configure your own ftp service
to a site that also offers http access to the stored files and then
selecting your own ftp settings to be used by default.

I will figure out a fix to this problem as soon as I have time, but right
now I'm swamped with other stuff.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

BTW, I just released 2.08 with a fix that allows you to either choose the
standard RFC citation in the automated reference builder, or to select that
all obsolete references is marked as obsolete. This is done by menu option.
This change was done on request from users. In 2.07 all obsolete references
was identified as obsolete and you could not deselect that feature.

/Stefan

http://aaa-sec.com/nroffedit/index.html

---

From: Martin Rex <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 02:31:53 +0200 (MEST)

> latest published draft using NroffEdit.

If this is just for the purpose of feeding the rfcdiff-script
from tools.ietf.org, then it would make more sense to allow
POSTing a file to that script and supplying a second source as URL,
completely obviating the need for a temporary storage on the internet
that is accessible to the rfcdiff script on tools.ietf.org.

-Martin

---

From: Stefan Santesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:40:57 +0200

Hi Martin,

Yes, you are right indeed (as always).

The original thought with the feature was to allowing me to create a
permanent diff that I could let other view just by posting it's URL query.
I then extended that solution to a temporary post to a free web host with
FTP access. 

I have plans to do what you suggest, but I don't have time to do it atm.
It will be implemented before the summer is over I think.

/Stefan