Subject: Re: Second Last Call: rfc5953 (Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)) to Draft Standard

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 23:28:59 -0700

At 13:43 09-05-2011, The IESG wrote:
>The IESG has received a request from the isms WG (isms) to consider the
>following document:
>
>- 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Transport Model for the Simple Network
>    Management Protocol (SNMP) '
>   RFC 5953 as a Draft Standard
>
>Two issues were raised during the first Last Call: 1) references to 
>IDNA 2003 (RFC 3490) need to be replaced by references to IDNA 2008 
>(RFC 5890), and 2) references to RFC 1033 need to be replaced by 
>references to 1123.  This Last Call is focused on these two issues.

[snip]

>Changing the references also means the downref call needs to be 
>updated, as follows:
>
>   This specification contains eight normative references to standards
>   track documents of lower maturity: RFCs 1123, 3584, 4347, 4366,
>   5246, 5280, 5890, and 5952.

RFC 1123 is an Internet Standard (STD 3).  The normative reference is 
not a downref.

Regards,
-sm

P.S. I am not asking for a third Last Call.

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 07:04:06 -0700

>>>>> On Tue, 10 May 2011 23:28:59 -0700, SM <[email-masked]> said:

>> 5246, 5280, 5890, and 5952.

S> RFC 1123 is an Internet Standard (STD 3).  The normative reference is
S> not a downref.

Good point; When the reference changed from the previous RFC to this
one, it should have been removed (not changed) in the downref list.

S> P.S. I am not asking for a third Last Call. 

Heh.  Yeah, I don't think that's required for an upref.

-- 
Wes Hardaker
Cobham Analytic Solutions

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 10:16:12 -0400

On 5/11/11 2:28 AM, SM wrote:
> RFC 1123 is an Internet Standard (STD 3). The normative reference is not
> a downref.
>
> Regards,
> -sm
>

Well at least now I don't have to add it to the downref registry.

spt