Subject: Review: draft-ietf-mpls-tp-identifiers-06- Tunnel Identifier

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 09:07:27 -0400

In performing a gen-art review of this document, which seems quite good 
over all, I noticed a minor question, but did not remember to include it 
in my gen-art review.

The defines a Tunnel-Identifier, identifying the end-point of a tunnel 
within a node.
That identifier is defined as 16 bits.
In one sense, that seems sufficient.  But it is more restrictive than 
the number of parallel LSPs that the node could be an end-point for (by 
a factor of 16.)  So it seems that there ought to at least be an 
explanation for the mismatch.

Thank you,
Joel

---

From: George Swallow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 14:39:40 -0400

The primary motivation is to allow for a compact form for the Tunnel MEP_ID.
A secondary motivation is compatibility with existing MPLS/GMPLS Session
objects.

...George

On 7/1/11 9:07 AM, "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> mpls mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls
>