Subject: Nomcom 2011-2012: Timeline and Selection Seeds

From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 12:21:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Timeline:
The following is the current timeline for the 2011-12 Nomcom:

   * Nomcom Chair Announcement made: June 7, 2011;
   * First Call for Volunteers issued: June 10, 2011;
   * Second Call for Volunteers issued: June 24, 2011;
   * Third Call for Volunteers issued: July 04, 2011;
   * Announce date of Random Selection and seeds: July 07, 2011;
   * Call for Volunteers closes: July 10, 2011 at 23:59 EDT
   * Announcement of Qualified Volunteers: July 11, 2011;
   * Raise issues on Qualified Volunteers by 23:59 EDT: July 15, 2011;
   * Seed values available from seed sources: July 18, 2011;
   * Run random selection algorithm and publish results: July 18, 2011;
   * Start Challenge period at 09:00 EDT:  July 18, 2011;
   * End of challenge period at 09:00 EDT : July 25, 2011;
   * Final List of Nomcom members published 10:00 EDT : July 25, 2011;
   * Nomcom 2011-12 self organizes during IETF-81: July 25-29, 2011

NOTE:  This timeline will be updated to address Nomcom activity after
IETF-81 and published as soon as possible.

Seeds:
The set of seed sources that are expected to be used in selecting the
committee members are as follows:

Canadian Lottery Lotto 649
Saturday July 16, 2011 Results:
  http://diffusion.loto-quebec.com/sw3/res/asp/index.asp?l=1&pRequest=2&cProduit=4
  (7 numbers including the bonus number: numbers between 1 and 49)

US National debt ("Debt Held by the Public"), published by the
Treasury department as of Friday, July 15, 2011
  http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np 
  Last 8 digits, ignore the commas and periods

US National debt ("Intragovernmental Holdings"), published by the
Treasury department as of Friday, July 15, 2011
  http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np 
  Last 8 digits, ignore the commas and periods

Euromillions Lottery
Friday July 15, 2011 Results:
  http://www.europeanlotteryguild.com/lottery_results/euromillions_results/draw_history?results_date=2011-08-01
  (7 numbers including the star balls: 5 numbers between 1 and 50 and 2 star balls between 1 and 11)

All the seeds are to be provided as input to the RFC 3797 selection algorithm.

Suresh Krishnan
Nomcom Chair 2011-2012
Email: [email-masked], [email-masked]