Subject: IETF 81 Audio Streaming

From: Nick Kukich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:52:47 -0700

Greetings!

We're two weeks out from the beginning of meeting streaming. For those
interested in monitoring sessions or participating remotely the following
information may prove useful.

- -Audio Streaming-

All 8 parallel tracks at the IETF 81 meeting will be broadcast starting with
the commencement of working group sessions on Monday, July 25, 2011 at 0900
EDT (GMT-4) and continue until Friday, July 29 at 1515 EDT.

Because we have been asked several times in the past, note that if you wish
to use the rooms that are being recorded for impromptu meeting during
unscheduled sessions or lunch breaks that you can invite remote participants
to tune in to the appropriate stream. Recording cannot be guaranteed for
unscheduled sessions. Conversely, it should never be assumed that recording
or observation is not occurring on open microphones, they are after all
connected to the Internet.

The links for streaming sources and the schedule are best retrieved from
the IETF tools agenda, which as per Standard operating procedure will be
located here:

http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/81/ <http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/80/>

- -Jabber/XMPP-

For information on IETF Jabber participation see:

http://www.ietf.org/jabber/index.html

or click on the Jabber links in the tools team agenda once you have a
properly configured jabber/xmpp messaging client.

- -Webex-

Webex screen sharing participation is possible for a limited number of
sessions. Consult with your working-group chair or the secretariat for more
information.

- -Ticketing-

For prompt access to the meeting trouble desk, the email address is:

[email-masked]

For streaming related issues please send email to
[email-masked] with
info including the current time and affected streaming channel.

Regards,

Nick Kukich

Network Engineer
Verilan Event Services, Inc.
503.710.5115