Subject: Review of draft-doria-gen-art-08

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 12:21:05 +0200

I support the publication of this document.

In general, the document is clearly written, explains the processes 
followed for gen-Art review, and forms a valuable snapshot of the 
procedures followed at this time.
It makes it very clear that the document does not, in any way, shape or 
form, attempt to modify the rules for IETF work.

One point that I can't see clearly stated (I may have missed it) is that 
both the reviews and the names of the reviewers are public. This may 
seem obvious now, but wasn't obvious when the process got started; I 
think it is important to call this out.

Nits:

- Section 4.3 links to I-D.rfc-editor-rfc2223bis - this draft expired in 
2008. New target needed.
- In the same bulleted list, the last bullet should either be a 
non-bullet or have "As well as" removed from its beginning.
- In section 4.4, a note should be made about groups of I-Ds. I think 
the process is that when a document set is Last Called as a set, one 
reviewer handles it if possible - but I am not sure about this.
- Section 6 claims that the quality of I-Ds has increased, but gives 
only a single data point (2007). Is there a second datapoint that is 
missing somehow?

Thanks for doing this!

                  Harald