Subject: reminder: itojun service award nomination

From: Jun Murai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:09:52 +0900

Dear IETFers,

There was one case on the nomination process where we did not receive
a submitted nomination.

Therefore, we decided to extend  nomination time until July 31st.
If you have not received confirmation for the past nomination, please
resubmit it (until you get confirmation!) please!

Thanks,
Jun Murai
===
ANNOUNCING: CALL FOR CANDIDATES FOR ITOJUN SERVICE AWARD

The Itojun Service Award is presented every year to an individual or a
group who has made outstanding contributions in service to the IPv6
community.   The deadline for nominations for this year's award is 15
July 2011.  The award will be presented at the 82nd meeting of the
IETF to be held in November 2011 in Taipei, Taiwan.

About the Award

The Itojun Service Award was established by the friends of Itojun and
administered by the Internet Society (ISOC), recognises and
commemorates the extraordinary dedication exercised by Itojun over the
course of IPv6 development.  The award includes a presentation
crystal, a US$3,000 honorarium, and a travel grant.

The award is focused on pragmatic technical contributions, especially
through development or operation, with the spirit of servicing the
Internet.  With respect to the spirit, the selection committee seeks
contributors to the Internet as a whole; open source developers are a
common example of such contributors, although this is not a
requirement for expected nominees.  While the committee primarily
consider practical contributions such as software development or
network operation, higher level efforts that help those direct
contributions will also be appreciated in this regard.  The
contribution should be substantial, but could be immature or ongoing;
this award aims to encourage the contributor to keep their efforts,
rather than just recognizing well established work.  Finally,
contributions of a group of individuals will be accepted as deployment
work is often done by a large project, not just a single outstanding
individual.

The award is named after Dr. Jun-ichiro "Itojun" Hagino, who passed
away in 2007, aged just 37.  Itojun worked as a Senior Researcher at
Internet Initiative Japan Inc. (IIJ), was a member of the board of the
Widely Integrated Distributed Environment (WIDE) project, and from
1998 to 2006 served on the groundbreaking KAME project in Japan as the
"IPv6 samurai". He was also a member of the Internet Architecture
Board (IAB) from 2003 to 2005.

For additional information on the award, please visit
http://www.isoc.org/awards/itojun/

Award Nomination Procedure

Neither the nominee nor nominator needs to be a member of ISOC.
Nominate via email to <itojun-award at elists.isoc.org> and include the
following details:
1. Name and Email address of nominee (in case of a group nominee,
 names and Email addresses of representative persons of that group)
2. CV/Bio of nominee (in case of a group nominee, a summary of the
 group's achievements)
3. Statement of recommendation including specific acts, works,
 contributions, and other criteria that would show the nominee to
 fit the standard set by Itojun.  Please include corroborating
 references with their name, email address, and telephone
 number. Conclude with your affiliation, postal address, and
 telephone number as well as the postal address, telephone and fax
 number of the nominee.

Thank you in advance for your support,

Jun Murai
Itojun Service Award Selection Committee