Subject: Re: Hyatt Taipei cancellation policy?

From: Adam Novak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 00:25:26 -0500

On Aug 28, 2011 12:06 AM, "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Good to hear.  Getting rid of cookies can save a _lot_ of money & since
> you're "at IETF to work" I'm sure you wouldn't mind if the conditions
> more closely approximated those of the typical office; no office I've
> ever worked in has provided free cookies & beverages twice a day...
>

In my experience, computer industry employers often provide free snacks and
beverages, since hungry/thirsty/caffine-deprived developers write bad code.
It's also a better value than paying them more, in terms of how much they
like you.

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 13:35:41 +0700

On 8/28/2011 12:25 PM, Adam Novak wrote:

> 
> On Aug 28, 2011 12:06 AM, "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> In my experience, computer industry employers often provide free snacks
> and beverages, since hungry/thirsty/caffine-deprived developers write
> bad code. It's also a better value than paying them more, in terms of
> how much they like you.

I'm familiar with the refrigerator full of caffeinated sugar water, even
the occasional tray of treats or keg of beer, but cookies (often 2 or 3
varieties)/brownies (ditto), fresh fruit, crudites & dip, twice a day?
Wow, I've really been working the wrong places...

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 02:42:38 -0400

> Wow, I've really been working the wrong places...

some companies will do almost anything to keep their employees at work as long as possible every day.

Keith